PDA

View Full Version : Parts suppliers for MBA Rev A

mutts
Apr 18, 2010, 06:24 PM
Looking for replacement parts (fan & sound cable) but can find many suppliers, anyone have a good supplier??

theappleguy
Apr 18, 2010, 07:31 PM
Can't help you with suppliers, but I just had my MacBook Air fan replaced by an authorized service center. The entire thermal module apparently needs to be replaced and this costs around US$30-40 for the part.

Synchromesh
Apr 18, 2010, 11:46 PM
Look on eBay. There are lots of parts available there. Keep in mind that MBA parts in particular have prices that bite hard.

mutts
Apr 19, 2010, 01:29 AM
Look on eBay. There are lots of parts available there. Keep in mind that MBA parts in particular have prices that bite hard.

Ive looked on ebay and most are used/reconditioned which makes me worry.

anarchron
Apr 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
Most are reconditioned anyway. Apple never allows their OEM products out in the wild.

Scottsdale
Apr 19, 2010, 04:46 PM
I don't know for sure if they have what you're looking for, but I always check ChinaOnTrade.com for anything Apple related first. They even have some parts to iPhones before they're released. I have bought a few iPhone parts there, and I also bought a brand new white MB keyboard to replace my MBA's keys with white ones (still haven't attempted the switch - just an idea).

Also, look for any sites that are based in HK or China. They have all of the real stuff for the cheapest prices. Finally, IfixIt.com has nearly everything with great instructions but the highest prices for sure.

Good luck.

Synchromesh
Apr 20, 2010, 03:00 AM
Ive looked on ebay and most are used/reconditioned which makes me worry.

Why? Most sellers provide a money-back guarantee so you're covered if it goes quickly. Plus reconditioned stuff is sometimes tested more thoroughly than new stuff. I've bought recondition items before on eBay and rarely had any trouble.