Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilbar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
Could someone help me with the settings for burning hd video to dvds using toast 10 pro. The video looks good when I save it using quicktime convert (saved as .mov in 1920X1080 hd, with deinterlace selected) but when I put it on a dvd, it has all those jagged lines around anything moving, especially white objects. I've tried changing the settings in toast to progressive but that didn't help; I've also exported in different formats and it all looks good until I put it on disk.
System:
iMac, 4G RAM, Final Cut Express, TDK dvd's

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

wilbar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
toast to dvd

Hi,

I'm in NA so use NTSC. My camera is a Canon XH-A1 and I generally shoot in 60i frame rate. I will probably in future use 24F but up to now everything had been 60i. I haven't tried Burn but I will download it immediately and I don't think iDVD worked with HD very well which is why I went out and spent the money for Toast in the first place. I will revisit iDVD and see what happens.

As an aside, do you or anyone, know if the new Macbook Pro will take advantage of the Mercury engine in Adobe Premiere CS5?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.