Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
Ok here's something on my Apple wish list. I appreciate when the iPad came out that several of the apps I purchased for the iPhone allowed me to get free iPad versions. Other apps I had to purchase again (like NOVA and Real Racing). But there are some apps I'd kind of like to have that I won't be purchasing twice. Actually, there are several of them, like MLB At Bat and Things. I have recently purchased both for the iPhone but can't really see paying another 14.95 and 19.99 respectively. The problem is devs spend time working on the apps to make them iPad compatible and need to get some revenue however customers don't want to be paying full price again for something try feel they already purchased in a sense.

My solution as an in app purchase system. If you have the iPhone app already, like MLB, you can use that app to purchase the iPad version from within the app, say at $8.99. Or even the other way. If I buy the iPad version of Things for $19.99 I can use the in app option to buy the iPhone version for say $4.99. Seems like this would be a good solution to this issue to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.