PDA

View Full Version : anyone not like BT keyboard?

HeyMAC
Sep 22, 2004, 04:13 PM
anyone have problems with the BT keyboard? battery life?

FuzzyBallz
Sep 22, 2004, 04:18 PM
Extra cost w/ minimal benefit. Slower than RF, bad for fragging.

rdowns
Sep 22, 2004, 05:14 PM
I love mine. Have had it about 7 or 8 months now and just changed batteries for the first time last month.

WTF is fragging?

hcuar
Sep 22, 2004, 05:23 PM
I love mine. Have had it about 7 or 8 months now and just changed batteries for the first time last month.

WTF is fragging?

A Frag is the expression for a kill in a first person shooter (FPS).

Fragging is the act of killing in said FPS.

I think it comes from some sort of military terminology. :rolleyes:

HeyMAC
Sep 22, 2004, 05:32 PM
Fuzzy ballz id like to thank you for putting up with my nonstop ?'s and answering
all of thme.

Koodauw
Sep 22, 2004, 05:37 PM
Extra cost w/ minimal benefit. Slower than RF, bad for fragging.

No cord = all the benefit in the world.

FuzzyBallz
Sep 22, 2004, 05:42 PM
No cord = all the benefit in the world.
Yeah, so what's the benefit of paying twice over RF wireless for BT wireless.

benbondu
Sep 22, 2004, 05:51 PM
I've had the bt keyboard for a few months now. The battery life seems to be just fine with the lithiums that come with it. Alkalines are much cheaper though. If they last 1/4th as long they'd probably still be worth it. Actually, I just checked and the system prefs tell me I still have full battery power from the original lithiums. I'm not sure I believe that though.

My only issue with the thing is that they advise you to turn the keyboard off when you're not using it, but they put the switch on the underside of the keyboard. So you have to pick the thing up and turn it over each time you want to switch it on or off. Would it have been that difficult to put the switch on the side/back/front?

broken_keyboard
Sep 22, 2004, 06:00 PM
I've had no problems with my BT keyboard. I like the feel of the keys - it's different to my wired kb. And it's just fine for fragging - I play UT2k4 with it all the time.

cocopelli
Sep 22, 2004, 06:06 PM
I have had mine for about 3-4 months. I like that fact that it has longer range than RF. I had an RF mouse that would stop working before my keyboard so if I was gonna be more than 10 feet away from my comp I can use the keyboard to control itunes. I don't like the fact that it will randomly lose its connection with the computer and it seems the only way to solve is to restart. I don't get it because I have a dual 2.0 G5 with the BTO bluetooth module. It's really weird. If anyone has any info of why it might be doing this please let me know. Oh, speaking of the RF vs. BT argument I get my Mx 1000 today :D stoked out of my mind. Well thats it. Out

Ben

telecomm
Sep 22, 2004, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I'm really happy with my bluetooth keyboard. Oh, and the latency issues have been fixed with the more recent drivers. Frag away, it's as fast as a wired connection. What's the advantage? I work on a laptop that does a lot of travelling. Cords suck, I'd rather have to connect my power adaptor and a wired mouse vs. my power adaptor, wired mouse, keyboard, speakers, and printer. Maybe you would too?

aswitcher
Sep 22, 2004, 09:29 PM
It works a treat connectivity wise with my PB but I cant say the tactile feel of the keys is good for me. I wish someone would put a lowcut keyboard like the PB keys onto a BT enabled full size keyboard.

I also wish the Function keys cam with stickers so I could logically label the keys for screen brightness etc

12ibookg4
Sep 22, 2004, 10:03 PM
It works a treat connectivity wise with my PB but I cant say the tactile feel of the keys is good for me. I wish someone would put a lowcut keyboard like the PB keys onto a BT enabled full size keyboard.

I also wish the Function keys cam with stickers so I could logically label the keys for screen brightness etc
i know it's not BT but have you heard about the icekey? it was in macworld recently. it's laptop keys in a desktop keyboard but its USB not BT
http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/icekey.html

aswitcher
Sep 22, 2004, 11:11 PM
i know it's not BT but have you heard about the icekey? it was in macworld recently. it's laptop keys in a desktop keyboard but its USB not BT
http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_device/icekey.html

Nice, but not BT... Maybe if they bring out a BT version, maybe in silver as well :)

Koodauw
Sep 23, 2004, 12:17 AM
Yeah, so what's the benefit of paying twice over RF wireless for BT wireless.

No cord from the the RF to your computer! OH YEAH!

The Past
Sep 23, 2004, 10:54 AM
Had mine for almost ten months. No problem at all. I do a lot of writing but no gaming. I have built-in BT, so RF makes no sense as it will take away one of the precious few ports on my PB.