PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Gmail Apps Yet?

-iKris-
Apr 19, 2010, 12:01 PM
Are there any good Gmail apps for the iPad yet? I use the multiple inboxes feature on Gmail, and I'd love to be able to use that on the iPad (when mine finally arrives). Is there anything that will do that?

mikethebigo
Apr 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
Are there any good Gmail apps for the iPad yet? I use the multiple inboxes feature on Gmail, and I'd love to be able to use that on the iPad (when mine finally arrives). Is there anything that will do that?

Gmail has a great iPad formatted site. I recommend just using that. Im not sure what apps are out there though.

bgribin
Apr 19, 2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, just use the website - it's great.

wyneken
Apr 19, 2010, 01:02 PM
Well actually the built-in Mail app works very nicely with Gmail. And for me, it's much faster than using the web interface (though Google has done a lovely iPad-friendly re-design of this).

jeepik
Apr 19, 2010, 01:21 PM
i just wish the push mail worked better

push works on my iphone but not on the ipad

-iKris-
Apr 19, 2010, 02:46 PM
If you go to gmail.com on an iPad, does it automatically go to the iPad optimised version?

TheScappian
Apr 19, 2010, 02:57 PM
If you go to gmail.com on an iPad, does it automatically go to the iPad optimised version?

yes, with the option to switch to a different version. The older HTML version works on iPad too.

Rob.G
Apr 19, 2010, 03:26 PM
I haven't really cared for the HTML5 version of GMail. I tend to just use the regular website version for it.

Rob

jeffy777
Apr 19, 2010, 05:21 PM
The gmail site works great for me. No need for an app.

kepner
Apr 19, 2010, 05:41 PM
Well actually the built-in Mail app works very nicely with Gmail.

Agreed. And if you use Google Sync, your Mail, Contacts, and Calendar are all pushed to you.

xraydoc
Apr 19, 2010, 05:46 PM
i just wish the push mail worked better

push works on my iphone but not on the ipad

Interesting. I've not had any trouble.

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 19, 2010, 06:02 PM

Did you try the Google Mobile App for the iPad? It has pretty much everything in it.