Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
2 part post here:

1. Can anyone tell me (or gimme a link) to where I can find all the Mac compatible pocketPCs.

2. PocketPCs have pocketWord/excel, are their word/excel proggies for the Palm OS too? If so, how well do the Palm versions work w/the desktop versions of Word and excel?

Thanx,

Lethal

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
Re: Mac compatible pocketPCs? And word/excel version for Palm OS?

I don't think any handhelds with the Pocket PC OS is Mac compatible!!:mad:

But here is a link, http://athome.compaq.com/showroom/static/iPAQ/handheld_jumppage.asp check it out for yourself!!

Originally posted by LethalWolfe
2 part post here:

1. Can anyone tell me (or gimme a link) to where I can find all the Mac compatible pocketPCs.

2. PocketPCs have pocketWord/excel, are their word/excel proggies for the Palm OS too? If so, how well do the Palm versions work w/the desktop versions of Word and excel?

Thanx,

Lethal

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Re: Mac compatible pocketPCs? And word/excel version for Palm OS?

Originally posted by LethalWolfe
2 part post here:

Thanx,

Lethal

1. see above post

2. Yes, it's called Docs to Go, by DataViz. It lets you view all of M$ office's documents on your palm. I have it on my m505 right now.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Is Docs to Go just a viewer, or can I edit/create word/excel docs w/it as well?

Thanx for the link too.

Lethal

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
there is a viewer and a editor application that lets you edit the files, but truthfully speaking, the screens on both the pocketpc and the palm are too small to do anything useful except for viewing stuff. The clie NR70V on the other hand, is a different story. Whil pocketpcs are usually running at 320x240 resolution, the clie runs at 480x320 res--50% more screen real estate.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I'm not looking to create docs from scratch, but in my new job all of the schedules, contacts, etc., are done in word and excel so if something changes I just want to be able to make changes using my PDA and still have the "fixed" version work fine on my laptop.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.