Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidChavez

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Mexico
Well, recently my MacBook MagSafe screwed up, so I do not use my computer since 2 months ago (I know I know, its sad :( ) but anyway. I saw on eBay some "genuine" MagSafe chargers, well, I think are some sort of refurbished devices but I'm not so shure about it. Here's the link. Have anyone tried this MagSafes? I mean, they're not fake or something like that?

But there's another option called DealExtreme. They sell all kind of gadgets and electronic curiosities, mostly accesories, some of them "from" Apple. I say "from" because they sell this things in a very low price, close the 70% or more off. I heard that they got this amazing prices because they made their products from the same Apple factory in China, but without quality control, packaging, import taxes, Apple logo... etc.
Have anyone ever buyed on DealExtreme?, Their products are good?

Hope u answer me soon, because I want to order my charger tonight on eBay.

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
I use DX for little electronic gadgets, and accessories for videogames and the like, but I don't know if I would trust a magsafe from there. I just searched the site and saw one, it had only a single review, and the review was not promising. DX has great prices on cheap electronics, but keep in mind their QC might not be up to snuff to what you'd find in a store, and their shipping, although free, is glacial (it usually takes 2-3 weeks for me to get a package from China to the US)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.