Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Some may think it's a bit pre mature given the iPad has Bren out for only about a month.

It just seems that the number of iPad apps or iPad optimized apps coming through the pipeline has slowed down dramatically.

I have a wifi iPad and I'm waiting for my 64GB 3G . I was hoping that there would be a lot more apps available from a lot of the developers who did really well on the iPhone . "ToDo", "Navigon", "awesomenote", just to name a few of the dozens if not hundreds I would have expected to port over.

Yes, we know most iPhone apps already work on the iPad but it's just not the same if they are not optimized

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Some may think it's a bit pre mature given the iPad has Bren out for only about a month.

It just seems that the number of iPad apps or iPad optimized apps coming through the pipeline has slowed down dramatically.

I have a wifi iPad and I'm waiting for my 64GB 3G . I was hoping that there would be a lot more apps available from a lot of the developers who did really well on the iPhone . "ToDo", "Navigon", "awesomenote", just to name a few of the dozens if not hundreds I would have expected to port over.

Yes, we know most iPhone apps already work on the iPad but it's just not the same if they are not optimized
It's been out less than 3 weeks.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
A month? It's only been out for 16 days......

Tomaytoes tomahtos. :D
Maybe it just seems like a month that I've been waiting for the 3G

Still, I guess I'm just concerned that a lot of devs aren't committing to porting their apps.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
Tomaytoes tomahtos. :D
Maybe it just seems like a month that I've been waiting for the 3G

Still, I guess I'm just concerned that a lot of devs aren't committing to porting their apps.

I am sure many are committed, but they need more time. There is one particular app that I want...the developer said that they would not release at launch because they wanted to test on the actual hardware first, and the iPad version is different from the iPhone version because once they have the larger screen, they would like to do some things differently.

So I expect many apps will have iPad versions eventually.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
The iPad would still be worth it to me if all it had were Safari and iBooks. But there's already quite a few high quality games for it (Scrabble, Real Racing HD, Flight Control), and a lot of other very good apps like Netflix, BBC, NPR, ABC (video), Sketchpad Pro. Sure, the pace of apps coming out has slowed since there was a mad rush to get apps out for launch day, but there's still something like 4,000 iPad apps in less than a month, that's not bad.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Much ado over nothing. Most devs didn't get their hands on an actual iPad until the public did.

Yah I guess your right. Maybe I'm just suffering from paranoia based on historical past. I was on the boat when the first gen iPhones came out, and had to wait nearly a year for 3rd party apps just so we could have access to a to do app and notes app that wasn't what shipped with the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.