PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express Set-Up Question

stockcerts
Apr 20, 2010, 09:49 AM
I am considering purchasing an Airport Express. My question is...I believe my cable modem only has one ethernet connection coming out of the box. I'd still like my Mac to be hard-wired to ethernet, but have wifi at home for my iPhone and for the iPad that I may purchase.

My question is how do I hard wire my Mac out of the cable modem and also connect an ethernet cable to the Airport Express? Thanks!

Matthew Yohe
Apr 20, 2010, 09:51 AM
I am considering purchasing an Airport Express. My question is...I believe my cable modem only has one ethernet connection coming out of the box. I'd still like my Mac to be hard-wired to ethernet, but have wifi at home for my iPhone and for the iPad that I may purchase.

My question is how do I hard wire my Mac out of the cable modem and also connect an ethernet cable to the Airport Express? Thanks!

Purchase a switch (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M2TAN4/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00003006E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=104Y46PR7WK3CRYH5EQB).