Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
I have three websites that I've built in iWeb. I want to transfer ONE of them to another Mac, but I don't want my other two to go with it, or be accessible on the other Mac.

I know about the Domain file - however, does that contain all three websites?

Is there any way that I can just copy one of the sites without losing the other two that I still need on my Mac?

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Not sure, but I just moved my iWeb from my old Powerbook just by using a jump drive. Drag your folder over, then open it up in the new mac. The original folder stays until you delete it. It's pretty easy to do. Then after you move it.... "save as" whatever you want to call it.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
One idea. Make three copies of the domain file. Then open each one and delete two of the web sites so you only have one web site per file.

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
One idea. Make three copies of the domain file. Then open each one and delete two of the web sites so you only have one web site per file.

So, basically copy the file and rename the second two versions (IE, domain_site2, domain_site3)?

If I open them on my MacBook and erase the other sites, will my original domain file still contain my other sites?

Also, will this domain file contain all of the information and images from the site, or will I need to include those as well?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
So, basically copy the file and rename the second two versions (IE, domain_site2, domain_site3)?

If I open them on my MacBook and erase the other sites, will my original domain file still contain my other sites?

Also, will this domain file contain all of the information and images from the site, or will I need to include those as well?

I don't have any guaranteed answers as I don't use iWeb. Make a copy of your current one before trying anything so you have something to fall back on in case it doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.