PDA

View Full Version : iSight not working with Skype

myuserid08
Apr 21, 2010, 06:46 AM
I've just tried to video call but it wont let me, went to skype prefs > video > I get the following message 'no video camera connected' (see attached screenshot). The drop down box next to 'camera' wont drop down, as you can see I only have firefox, entourage and itunes open, any ideas?

Thanks
PS. Just tried webcam in Photo Booth and works fine, so I doubt its a hardware issue :confused:

Mugwumper
Apr 21, 2010, 10:05 AM
I've just tried to video call but it wont let me, went to skype prefs > video > I get the following message 'no video camera connected' (see attached screenshot). The drop down box next to 'camera' wont drop down, as you can see I only have firefox, entourage and itunes open, any ideas?

Thanks
PS. Just tried webcam in Photo Booth and works fine, so I doubt its a hardware issue :confused:

What version of Skype are you running, and which MacOS version?

This works fine on my 2009 iMac and 10.6.3 with Skype 2.8.0.851 . . .

Hmac
Apr 21, 2010, 10:07 AM

Thanks

Also try it in Quicktime -> File -> New Movie Recording