Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
What's the best, fully-featured IM app for iPad with a clean, non-buggy interface?

Thanks in advance.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I don't like any of them to be honest. I'm using Meebo for now. It's an iPhone app but it's the best I've used. I hope they port it although this app was a year late so who knows.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I use Meebo on the iPhone and will use it on the iPad. But I hope they make a new version that takes advantage of the larger screen.

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
There really isn't much to choose from right now. IM+ is pretty much it last time I checked.

Well, there's also the AIM app.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Does anyone know if the was ever an iPhone IM app that could do OTR?

peestandingup

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2006
I find hardly anyone IM's anymore. At least not traditionally. Most just SMS or Facebook chat, simply because everyone they know is on there, so why bother with something else??

Speaking of which, this site works really well for FB chat on the iPad (since the regular one embedded in the page is kinda wonky). I saved it to my home screen too so its almost like a regular app. Kinda nice.

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
I find hardly anyone IM's anymore. At least not traditionally. Most just SMS or Facebook chat, simply because everyone they know is on there, so why bother with something else??

Speaking of which, this site works really well for FB chat on the iPad (since the regular one embedded in the page is kinda wonky). I saved it to my home screen too so its almost like a regular app. Kinda nice.

IM+ does facebook chat and sends you push notifications on new chat messages so you can run other apps while you chat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.