PDA

View Full Version : Apple case and app landscape modes

Imsuperjp
Apr 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
Don't you hate it when you have your iPad in an apple case, in landscape mode at an angle, launch an app and it is the opposite view (upside down). I know not every one has a apple case, but can't developers factor this in when designing apps? Or maybe there is a setting that I do not know about. One example is We Rule. :mad::mad::mad:

Wimmachine
Apr 22, 2010, 04:01 PM
I do not own an iPad yet, but I remember watching the intro video on apple.com and hearing the phrase "there is no wrong way to hold it." Are you saying specific apps only support landscape mode in a single orientation?

bzz
Apr 22, 2010, 04:06 PM
I have the same problem for now with one app only.

I think we should blame the developers of this apps.

I have about 40-50 apps and i have problem with only one:rolleyes:

r0k
Apr 22, 2010, 04:16 PM
I agree there are only a handful of apps that refuse to adapt to how I choose to hold my iPad. J

noah82
Apr 22, 2010, 04:33 PM
This is one of the reasons why I returned the case. I bought the incase convertible jacket so I can use it naked.

Wimmachine
Apr 22, 2010, 04:35 PM
I agree there are only a handful of apps that refuse to adapt to how I choose to hold my iPad.

Which apps? I don't really understand how these would pass Apple's approval process.. doesn't really adhere to the "no wrong way to hold it" philosophy

rdowns
Apr 22, 2010, 04:51 PM
I do not own an iPad yet, but I remember watching the intro video on apple.com and hearing the phrase "there is no wrong way to hold it." Are you saying specific apps only support landscape mode in a single orientation?

Yes. It's very annoying when you use the Apple case. Those apps get deleted immediately. I choose how I work, not some snot nosed punk developer. :D

Wimmachine
Apr 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
I agree rdowns. I would give the app a poor review as well -- straight unacceptable.

Kawjumper201
Apr 22, 2010, 05:04 PM
I believe Artstudio is one of these apps still love it tho