PDA

View Full Version : Temple Ipad Bags.....HOT!!!!!!

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 12:15 AM
http://templebags.com/blog/?page_id=630&category=4&product_id=21

http://templebags.com/blog/?p=1222

http://templebags.com/blog/?p=1265

i saw it on Geek Brief TV

kloan
Apr 23, 2010, 12:43 AM
@$189... Just another overpriced product.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 01:24 AM
well you get what you paid for. There's a reason some cases are 40 bucks and some are 3x that value. The quality seems really good and the attention to detail seems top notch. Especially looking at the last link.

this is pretty cool: "The army green cotton elastic that make it possible for the case to expose all the ports is made from suspenders that date back to 1965"

its more of a vintage case look.

Here is a quote from the author:

My approach to design is somewhat different than usual. I begin with fabrics that inspire me. I would say that I learned almost everything I know about construction by taking apart duffle bags, backpacks and side bags from the Germany, Swiss and Swedish Military. I usually study the bags as I take them apart, learning from their functional details, structural integrity and natural areas of wear. When designing I close my eyes and picture what I would like to make it often hits me and I can see it fully finished and then I take it apart and work through details and shapes all in my head. When I get to a place where I have thought though most all of the details I then I toss down fabric and begin cutting. It’s very much a love/hate relationship as I construct the bag. The process takes me roughly 6-8 hours per bag. It’s often very frustrating, but incredibly rewarding experience. I have been designing bags for just over a year now.

JohnH
Apr 23, 2010, 02:13 AM
Just received my Temple leather iPad case... I ordered it last Friday… It looks great… I really like the worn leather look and the attention to detail… Now if Apple will just ship my iPad 3G…

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 02:36 AM
Just received my Temple leather iPad case... I ordered it last Friday… It looks great… I really like the worn leather look and the attention to detail… Now if Apple will just ship my iPad 3G…

Did you get the full leather? How did it take for them to ship you the bag? I want the waxed canvas + leather bag. That military green from the last link posted looks so good!!!

http://templebags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_0270-940x705.jpghttp://templebags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_0271-940x705.jpghttp://templebags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_0268-940x705.jpghttp://templebags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_0269-940x705.jpghttp://templebags.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_0265-940x705.jpg

Daremo
Apr 23, 2010, 04:02 AM
I would buy this is were a bag, and not a case. I love the brown leather look, but I HATE the fact it's a case that looks like a bag. I have things I want to carry in it, like the power adapter, my Verizon MiFi, Plus my iPad is sporting a Belkin grip vue.

normwood
Apr 23, 2010, 06:17 AM
well you get what you paid for. There's a reason some cases are 40 bucks and some are 3x that value.

I believe you meant 3x the PRICE. "Value" can only be determined by the person making the purchase.

Just my $0.02.

Steve

Bostonaholic
Apr 23, 2010, 06:21 AM
Looks like every other murse on the market...

windroll
Apr 23, 2010, 06:32 AM
Mine should be on its way here. Hey JohnH, post a review when you get your 3G please, I ordered the canvas version, so I'll tag my review after yours. :)

The designer of Temple Bags, Mr. Opperman, is a really friendly guy with great artistic sense in his design.

Arran
Apr 23, 2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks for posting - there seems to be a dire shortage of case options right now.

Not really my cup of tea however. A bit over "designed" and way too bulky. I've gone for a temporary $15 neoprene envelope from Best Buy for now (It's actually a dvd player case - and thanks to another MR poster for pointing it out.)

I intend to sit out the "case race" for a while and see how it develops. Should be interesting.

And btw, who's that peeping at us in the bottom photo?

windroll
Apr 23, 2010, 07:34 AM
And btw, who's that peeping at us in the bottom photo?

lol, I think that's Steve Opperman, designer of Temple Bags.

JohnH
Apr 23, 2010, 12:48 PM
Mine should be on its way here. Hey JohnH, post a review when you get your 3G please, I ordered the canvas version, so I'll tag my review after yours. :)

The designer of Temple Bags, Mr. Opperman, is a really friendly guy with great artistic sense in his design.

Will do

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
I believe you meant 3x the PRICE. "Value" can only be determined by the person making the purchase.

Just my $0.02.

Steve

I believe price is only an indicator of how much you are willing to spend for that item. For the the quality of work and design. I would personally pay 140 compared to buyng a targus bag that was 40 bucks + a neosleeve that was also 40 bucks.

rdowns
Apr 23, 2010, 03:41 PM
Nice murse.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 03:43 PM
that is definitely not a murse. In fact, its more utilitarian than anything.

calderone
Apr 23, 2010, 05:05 PM
Great more leather stuff.

Compile 'em all
Apr 23, 2010, 05:08 PM
What is a murse? /lazyquestion

btw, this is probably the only iPad bag I have seen that doesn't look like garbage. Kudos to whomever makes them. Do you know if he makes sleeves?

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
that is definitely not a murse. In fact, its more utilitarian than anything.

You have to be kidding. It seems to me like most of the money and time that went into those cases was the design and look. I don't necessarily see it as too utilitarian, since it really only serves one use (as a case) when a bag would let you carry multiple items.

ipoddin
Apr 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
What is a murse? /lazyquestion

Man purse. And it most certainly is.

Compile 'em all
Apr 23, 2010, 05:15 PM

hmmm...is that a bad thing?

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 05:16 PM

Man Purse. And it's most certainly is NOT. Has a indiana jones feel to the bag. Combined with state of the art tablet.

Makes:

Back to the Jones or Indiana FUTURE.

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 05:17 PM

Yes, I am very hesitant to pull the "murse" card on anyone, since i myself carry a rather mursey-bag. (http://www.replicaslv.com/images/LV%20M93040CF.JPG)

But this really does skirt the line a bit. What with the thin straps, shiny buckles/belt loops, and it's dainty form....

Man Purse. And it's most certainly is NOT. Has a indiana jones feel to the bag. Combined with state of the art tablet.

Makes:

Back to the Jones or Indiana FUTURE.

Indiana Jones never carried a dainty distressed-leather bag with shiny golden buckles.

He carried a canvas bag, cuz canvas is RUGGED!

3goldens
Apr 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
Wow is that ever hideous!

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
Indiana Jones never carried a dainty distressed-leather bag with shiny golden buckles.

The Bag that I'm showing is a waxed canvas bag with leather. Basically the same stuff. And I do believe Indiana jones's son would buy this bag as he holds up his fathers legacy chasing down artifacts.

Too bad he gets crappy coverage in the jungle with ATT

Bostonaholic
Apr 23, 2010, 05:47 PM

I believe what you're referring to is a satchel
http://6.media.tumblr.com/jZF5Jr7m3opy3456AgI4cLRno1_400.jpg

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 05:48 PM
The Bag that I'm showing is a waxed canvas bag with leather. Basically the same stuff. And I do believe Indiana jones's son would buy this bag as he holds up his fathers legacy chasing down artifacts.

Too bad he gets crappy coverage in the jungle with ATT

Mutt Jones would probably buy that, yes-but that's because he wears leather jackets and drives a motorcycle already.

Anyway...why are you so persistent about it not being labeled a murse? Are you insecure? XD

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 05:52 PM
Mutt Jones would probably buy that, yes-but that's because he wears leather jackets and drives a motorcycle already.

Anyway...why are you so persistent about it not being labeled a murse? Are you insecure? XD

LOLOLOL!!! I just don't like the word MURSE. or even MAN PURSE. Would you call a netbook bag a murse as well. I mean its got a strap and you can wear it across your body. It's got manly items like Ipad (LOL).

sachel is pretty funny......

rdowns
Apr 23, 2010, 05:59 PM
LOLOLOL!!! I just don't like the word MURSE. or even MAN PURSE. Would you call a netbook bag a murse as well. I mean its got a strap and you can wear it across your body. It's got manly items like Ipad (LOL).

Look. I have no dog in this hunt but let's be honest, it's a murse. Secondly, Indiana Jones wouldn't be caught dead with one. :D

A netbook bag can be a murse. Not all netbook bags are murses. :D

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 06:18 PM

It's not the fact that it's a small big you can wear across your body. Its not like messenger bags or laptop bags are considered murses. It's just...the case looks very "fine crafted". Delicate. Effeminate. Murse.

windroll
Apr 23, 2010, 07:02 PM
lol, this thread is becoming sort of on topic but yet so off some how. Some people will like it and some will not, let's not force our own ideal upon others that don't.

I find it strange that with thin and elegant design of iPad, anyone would categorize the device a "manly device". I'm a guy myself, but I see nothing wrong with iPad being used by ladies. Which bringing this so called "murse" to the table, I don't see anything wrong with women carrying leather case shoulder strap bag for iPad either. Come to think of it, it's actually pretty cool. :)

When you guys called it a man purse, I actually thought of how Joey from sitcom FRIENDS reacted when he carried one, lol. I personally love the temple bag design for iPad, but I do understand people that don't like the bag, brought up some valid points. Just shows the bag is not for you that's all.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 07:09 PM
It's not the fact that it's a small big you can wear across your body. Its not like messenger bags or laptop bags are considered murses. It's just...the case looks very "fine crafted". Delicate. Effeminate. Murse.

Dammit!!!! i can't disagree with it.

Alright.........It's a murse!

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 07:11 PM
lol, this thread is becoming sort of on topic but yet so off some how. Some people will like it and some will not, let's not force our own ideal upon others that don't.

I find it strange that with thin and elegant design of iPad, anyone would categorize the device a "manly device". I'm a guy myself, but I see nothing wrong with iPad being used by ladies. Which bringing this so called "murse" to the table, I don't see anything wrong with women carrying leather case shoulder strap bag for iPad either. Come to think of it, it's actually pretty cool. :)

When you guys called it a man purse, I actually thought of how Joey from sitcom FRIENDS reacted when he carried one, lol. I personally love the temple bag design for iPad, but I do understand people that don't like the bag, brought up some valid points. Just shows the bag is not for you that's all.

I never called the iPad manly, nor do I know of anyone who has. The iPad isn't really sex-specific. It has a pretty neutral design. I don't have a problem with ladies using small strap bags. And I don't have a problem with men carrying them-but let's call things what they are. it's kinda pursey looking.

MacToddB
Apr 23, 2010, 07:23 PM
Looks like every other murse on the market...

Here's one that doesn't...

http://www.iphonelife.com/sites/iphonelife.com/files/images/photo%205.jpg
http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/2458/manhandle-he-mans-alternative-man-purse-your-ipad (http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/2458/manhandle-he-mans-alternative-man-purse-your-ipad)

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 07:44 PM
Dammit!!!! i can't disagree with it.

Alright.........It's a murse!

There ya go! =D
See, was that so hard? Now you can go and buy it and wear it or whatever you want- we don't care. just as long as you know that it is a murse, and not some sort of "rugged action pack" or whatever =P

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 07:44 PM

[IMG]
http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/2458/manhandle-he-mans-alternative-man-purse-your-ipad (http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/2458/manhandle-he-mans-alternative-man-purse-your-ipad)

I feel like this ipad is going to be launched into orbit

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 07:45 PM

[IMG]

Ugh. That guy did a HORRENDOUS job applying that screen protector. Jesus Christ, if you don't have steady hands, then let someone else do the job!

Bostonaholic
Apr 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
I feel like this ipad is going to be launched into orbit

[scottish accent]sputnik![/scottish accent]

/shameless 'So I Married An Axe Murderer' promotion

custom875
Apr 23, 2010, 08:46 PM
Just got my shipping notification for mine. Ill post pics when it gets here.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 08:48 PM
Just got my shipping notification for mine. Ill post pics when it gets here.

Hey when did you purchase one? I would like to buy one and have it by next thursday so I can try it for travel.

aerodoc
Apr 23, 2010, 09:20 PM
Indiana Jones Style - Rugged, not designed for looks, used for carrying ancient or survival type objects, used by a rugged man in tough terrain

iPad Murse - Fine crafted, aesthetic design is focus, used for carrying fancy electronic equipment, used by those who want to have that "indiana jones" feel when they go the coffee shop.

I would not be caught dead in one of these, but all kidding aside if this is your cup of tea, then it does appear to be a nice product. I don't object to paying a premium for high quality products.

windroll
Apr 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
I never called the iPad manly, nor do I know of anyone who has. The iPad isn't really sex-specific. It has a pretty neutral design. I don't have a problem with ladies using small strap bags. And I don't have a problem with men carrying them-but let's call things what they are. it's kinda pursey looking.

My post was not directed at you personally, I apologize if you feel that way, it was a poke at the joke remark by Dammit Cubs, and I don't think Cubs was offended by it because I certainly wasn't trying to. :p

Back to topic, did anyone ordered black on black? So far I've only seen people bought either all leather and canvas.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 24, 2010, 12:08 AM
My post was not directed at you personally, I apologize if you feel that way, it was a poke at the joke remark by Dammit Cubs, and I don't think Cubs was offended by it because I certainly wasn't trying to. :p

Back to topic, did anyone ordered black on black? So far I've only seen people bought either all leather and canvas.

I root for the Chicago CUBS....A small baby bear is my team logo. I can take alot of hits. LOL.

Back to topic, What I do like about this case is that the STRAPS come off. And is just becomes a case.

If the straps come off, does it still make it a MURSE.

So far I know that only 2 people have bout the item. I am a bit torn between the canvas bag versus all leather. Apparently this the description of the leather bag from the designer:

The all leather is our best sell, both cases are exactly the same in terms of quality and function. So I guess the question you need to ask your self is which color you like more? The all leather may look like something your grandfather owned for 30 years in a few months of use. Hope that helps.

The leather ages so well, it gets super dark and rich onces the oils from your hands touch it for a few weeks

Soulcrux
Apr 24, 2010, 12:11 AM
I root for the Chicago CUBS....A small baby bear is my team logo. I can take alot of hits. LOL.

Back to topic, What I do like about this case is that the STRAPS come off. And is just becomes a case.

If the straps come off, does it still make it a MURSE.

Not unless you tuck it under your arm and skip.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 24, 2010, 12:21 AM
So it's a transformer......

Murse by day......case by night.

FeelingGood
Apr 24, 2010, 01:57 AM
Man purse. And it most certainly is. Only to a complete homophobic with no taste... This is a very classy shoulder case, straight out of an Indiana Jones movie! I am seriously considering it.

Soulcrux
Apr 24, 2010, 01:59 AM
Only to a complete homophobic with no taste... This is a very classy shoulder case, straight out of an Indiana Jones movie! I am seriously considering it.

Homophobia has nothing to do with the fact that it's a "man purse". We're not ridiculing him for wanting one, we're just saying it's not "indiana jones" by a long shot. It's dainty and classy and fine. It's a purse...for a man.
Don't be so quick the pull the "FAG HATER!" card.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 24, 2010, 02:08 AM
I disagree that Indiana jones's bag wouldn't be called a murse in these times. And leads me to believe, if he owned an iPad, he would buy this murse.

Soulcrux
Apr 24, 2010, 02:17 AM
I disagree that Indiana jones's bag wouldn't be called a murse in these times. And leads me to believe, if he owned an iPad, he would buy this murse.

That's because Indy's bag wasn't a murse! it was a "bag to carry my treasures in while i get all muddy and dirty and save the world" bag.

I thought we went ver this!

Dammit Cubs
Apr 24, 2010, 02:28 AM
That's because Indy's bag wasn't a murse! it was a "bag to carry my treasures in while i get all muddy and dirty and save the world" bag.

I thought we went ver this!

Okay. He can still carry treasures in a leather murse. The bag like the one in the Indiana jones picture in these times can be worth easily $200. the temple Ipad case is $140. People can save the world in style too!!

Edit: I read this when I googled "Indiana jones, murse"

Pretty informative and funny:
http://brianhewitt.wordpress.com/2007/05/13/in-defense-of-the-murse-or-manliness-and-the-messenger-bag/

Before you start to feel sorry for me, you should know that I beat them both to death with my messenger bag while laughing in a deep, manly fashion. OK, not quite. I gave them cigars, and my masculinity was fully reinstated. It also helped that I pointed out to them that Indiana Jones, the single greatest man in myth or reality, carried one on all of his adventures. In fact, it saved his life several times, generally by snagging something and keeping him from falling to an almost certain, crocodile-chewed death. The Indiana Jones argument was a silver bullet. The subject was forgotten.

So the next time you see a guy carrying a bag, here’s your guide to determine whether he’s metrosexual or a bull-whip slinging treasure hunter:

Is the bag ugly, weathered or worn?
Is the guy unshaven or kinda grizzled?
Is he smoking or chewing on a cigar?
Is he running from dogs or a group of angry indigenous people?
Did he just shoot a guy showing off with a pair of scimitars?
If the answer 2 or more of these questions is yes, you’ve got a man’s man sporting a messenger bag. It could be me. If you answered yes to all of these, you’re watching an Indiana Jones movie.

kultschar
Apr 24, 2010, 04:17 AM
Different but yeah - pricey!

JohnH
Apr 24, 2010, 01:44 PM
Wow... and I thought that I was just buying an iPad case with a worn leather look and an attention to detail...

aswitcher
Apr 24, 2010, 05:09 PM
I want to know how well this bag works for landscape mode. I want to stand it on a desk but most of all work on it during train journeys. Does anyone have and shots or video of it in landscape from front, back and sides?

nuckinfutz
Apr 24, 2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the link OP I think the bags look good and I wouldn't have a problem walking around with one.

I love the black on black. I've save Temple's website so I'll be watching them.

Besides I love that it's not made in China. Facts are anything made in the US is going to be a bit more spendy than abroad.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 24, 2010, 08:25 PM
I want to know how well this bag works for landscape mode. I want to stand it on a desk but most of all work on it during train journeys. Does anyone have and shots or video of it in landscape from front, back and sides?

Go to one of the links I have posted. You can fold the flap over and. Use that to hold the iPad in landscape mode.