PDA

View Full Version : Probably Returning the BT Keyboard....

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah after further use. Its really about money. Is 70 dollars for a keyboard worth it for me? It's nice to have around but I noticed that unless you have a flat table that you will be working on with your ipad.

I noticed like using my Ipad on my TV couch or in my bed; relaxing. Where in that equation does a wireless keyboard fit. Right now, I am using it at work. I have my ipad on the corner connected to the BT keyboard and I only use Ipad to browse through Macrumors Forums. This makes it easy for me to type. I'm also using my BT keyboard right now to type.

It's like carrying a sword you really don't need. Even through I can't type as fast on the Ipad as on the Keyboard. I sat on the couch and just used the on screen keyboard and there is a type of connection to the device that isn't really there with a BT keyboard. With the keyboard, I feel distant; less of a connection with the device I considered to change my mobile platform thinking.

Also, you have to now cater notebook bags to carry both the Ipad and the keyboard. Because I paid 70 bucks, i have this obligation to carry it everywhere. I have a bluetooth logitech keyboard hooked up to my macbook. So I ended up spending another 35 bucks on the targus notebook bag. It causes a snowball effect of having something so thin, but putting it in a large bag.

That's not how the Ipad was intended.

So still have about a week before i have to return the keyboard, but it might look like its heading back....back to the onscreen keyboard.

GoCubsGo
Apr 23, 2010, 04:26 PM
Boy do you need a blog. I'll be happy to host it for you.

anthonymoody
Apr 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah after further use. Its really about money. Is 70 dollars for a keyboard worth it for me? It's nice to have around but I noticed that unless you have a flat table that you will be working on with your ipad.

I noticed like using my Ipad on my TV couch or in my bed; relaxing. Where in that equation does a wireless keyboard fit. Right now, I am using it at work. I have my ipad on the corner connected to the BT keyboard and I only use Ipad to browse through Macrumors Forums. This makes it easy for me to type. I'm also using my BT keyboard right now to type.

It's like carrying a sword you really don't need. Even through I can't type as fast on the Ipad as on the Keyboard. I sat on the couch and just used the on screen keyboard and there is a type of connection to the device that isn't really there with a BT keyboard. With the keyboard, I feel distant; less of a connection with the device I considered to change my mobile platform thinking.

Also, you have to now cater notebook bags to carry both the Ipad and the keyboard. Because I paid 70 bucks, i have this obligation to carry it everywhere. I have a bluetooth logitech keyboard hooked up to my macbook. So I ended up spending another 35 bucks on the targus notebook bag. It causes a snowball effect of having something so thin, but putting it in a large bag.

That's not how the Ipad was intended.

So still have about a week before i have to return the keyboard, but it might look like its heading back....back to the onscreen keyboard.

Hmm not sure I agree about the carrying around. My intent is sort of the opposite: dock and BT keyboard at desk at all times, carry the iPad solo otherwise.

kultschar
Apr 23, 2010, 05:28 PM
I have a BT keyboard for my iMac - love it. However when I try using it with my iPad the search goes on forever and I cant find it?? Any ideas??

I also think the iPad should be as it is however for WORK purposes only I like the idea of having the BT keyboard on my desk at work, I simply carry the iPad and shove it in front of my BT keyboard.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 05:30 PM
Boy do you need a blog. I'll be happy to host it for you.

haha I think you're right about me needing a blog. I started a blog through tumblr. Called Techno Foodology. It's where technology meets Food and vice versa.

But I haven't started typing on it. I guess i'm still up in the air on how I want to manage the blog. I heard that you can export HTML from iweb and can up load it to tumblr.

But thanks for the offer.

I have a BT keyboard for my iMac - love it. However when I try using it with my iPad the search goes on forever and I cant find it?? Any ideas??

I also think the iPad should be as it is however for WORK purposes only I like the idea of having the BT keyboard on my desk at work, I simply carry the iPad and shove it in front of my BT keyboard.

I agree with you. I wanted to use the keyboard for work related purposes, but I'm not a writer...I'm an engineer so I spend most of my time in front of a computer; working on remote servers where the data is located. I was planning on using the ipad as way to not carry a notebook. I usually use a notebook to keep test logs and data information. Having it on my desk is great so i can type a lot.

But as I get faster and faster with the onscreen keyboard. Am I'm being redundant carry this keyboard around.

Thanks for all the inputs.

HLdan
Apr 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
I honestly don't mean to slam the OP per say, but for heaven sake, what's with all these "I'm returning my iPad/accessories threads? Okay, it didn't work out, return it? Nobody here is gonna be offended, I hope not. Do you need a thread created to return something or are people looking for someone to talk them out of it? Sheesh. And before some troll says, "If you don't like the thread, don't read it, I'm just voicing my opinion about this.

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 05:49 PM
I honestly don't mean to slam the OP per say, but for heaven sake, what's with all these "I'm returning my iPad/accessories threads? Okay, it didn't work out, return it? Nobody here is gonna be offended, I hope not. Do you need a thread created to return something or are people looking for someone to talk them out of it? Sheesh. And before some troll says, "If you don't like the thread, don't read it, I'm just voicing my opinion about this.

No but i'm the only person that I know that has an Ipad. and Frankily, you will be getting this because some people are just torn. Yeah I didn't need to come and post something on here and probably would of made the same decision. But I would like to hear what other people think. Their personal experience. This all helps me become a better purchaser and make smart decisions.

This was more about how you use external accessories on your purchased ipad to help your lives and if it really does help. Getting another view on the same item can be a blessing.

I think more that anything, why are you posting on this thread? Are you bored? Because you are just adding fuel the fire. Some threads will naturally die while others just keep this topic back in the spotlight. You aren't doing a service by voicing your opinion on this thread. If anything, ignore it like many people probably have or express something to the entire boards about the 100's of redudant return threads there are.

do whatever. i'm drinking my chai latte now while typing on this ipad. OOH OOH OOH maybe i should make a thread about THAT!!! "chai latte + Ipad = dream"

wombat888
Apr 23, 2010, 05:51 PM
I don't really understand the mentality of the OP, to be honest.

If you like it - if it's useful in some situations - then I'd keep it ... unless you need the $70, in which case, sure, return it.

As someone else said, there's no need I can see to carry it around everywhere. Just keep it wherever you want to use a keyboard, eg at home or at your desk at work.

kallyq
Apr 23, 2010, 06:39 PM
To the person having trouble with it connecting to the ipad. I think you have to disconnect it from the iMac first. I got mine to work on my iPad yesterday by turning off my iMac. I'm sure there is a way to just disconnect it temporarily though :)

kultschar
Apr 24, 2010, 04:33 AM
To the person having trouble with it connecting to the ipad. I think you have to disconnect it from the iMac first. I got mine to work on my iPad yesterday by turning off my iMac. I'm sure there is a way to just disconnect it temporarily though :)

That was me :)

Cheers for the tip - will have a play with my iMac off!!!