PDA

View Full Version : what features do you want on your iPad case

ZooGue
Apr 23, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hello, everyone please tell me what features you would like your iPad case to have.

What kind of material?

What color?

Functionality?

Thank You,
Tim Angel

Dammit Cubs
Apr 23, 2010, 05:56 PM
Hello, everyone please tell me what features you would like your iPad case to have.

What kind of material?

What color?

Functionality?

Thank You,
Tim Angel

Its got to look great. I personally like a vintage look where I can see the case lasting for a while and even getting better with age.

depending on how people want to use the case. Some people like to make so you can hold it in a stand. Some people don't like the bulk. Some people want more protection.

I personally like a bag thats got a bit of style since a lot of stuff i buy tends to look good. I don't want it too big, then i wouldn't have bought the bag. I would already use the bags i have.

Soulcrux
Apr 23, 2010, 06:16 PM
What kind of material?

What color?

Functionality?

Material? I'd say synthetic leather. Real leather if it's not too expensive.

Color? Most definitely black. Maybe some accents. You could always have it be black with options of different colored accents.

Fuctionality? It should protect my iPad first and foremost. Not necessarily from falls (I don't want it to be too bulky) but at least from scratches. This means it should provide ample coverage to sides (alot of cases leave the sides open).

It should also let me stand it up: In Landscape mode (90~ degree angle, to watch videos) and in typing mode (45 degree angle). Also, It'd be cool to have some sort of way for the cover to stay securely on the front. From what i hear the official apple case is very good at being a stand, but the front cover seems to not lie flat after using it as a stand for a while. So some sort of magnet (like on purses)
Maybe the option of having a small pocket for papers, business cards, (itunes cards? lol) or the like. Not too big of a pocket though-

Final word: It should be as slim as possible.

Fireproof!
Apr 23, 2010, 06:54 PM
I like gigantic logos taking up the entire front and back. If you can squeeze one in on the spine - even better!

:D

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Merlosso
Apr 23, 2010, 07:27 PM
I like the folio style cases, like the Apple case (which I'm using now). I just don't like the seam that goes around the outside or the obstructed speaker.

For color I like black.

For material I like whatever the Apple case is made of and microfiber. I also like neoprene.

For functionality I like to cover the screen, to prop it up in landscape for typing, and to stand in portrait. I'm not concerned about protection from drops, just to keep it from getting scratched.

David R
Apr 23, 2010, 07:36 PM
Something that looks very good and lets you hold the iPad at a slight incline for typing.

I love the look of the Vaja cases for example, and I would have no problem paying for one of them, but you can only fold them flat, so that rules them out.

ZooGue
Apr 23, 2010, 10:29 PM
I like gigantic logos taking up the entire front and back. If you can squeeze one in on the spine - even better!

:D
Sorry - couldn't resist.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhaah O man you made my day hahahaah.
lmao

I would have to agree hahaha, Thank You for the suggestion I will try my best to make the biggest logo humanly possible for the front of the case

Thanks Fireproof,
Tim Angel
ZooGue
http://www.ZooGue.com

supermanx
Apr 23, 2010, 10:38 PM
I ordered the macally bookshelf but would have preferred if it was black suede.

ZooGue
Apr 25, 2010, 04:09 AM
What kind of material?

What color?

Functionality?

Material? I'd say synthetic leather. Real leather if it's not too expensive.

Color? Most definitely black. Maybe some accents. You could always have it be black with options of different colored accents.

Fuctionality? It should protect my iPad first and foremost. Not necessarily from falls (I don't want it to be too bulky) but at least from scratches. This means it should provide ample coverage to sides (alot of cases leave the sides open).

Thank You for the suggestions
I think you have many good points here

Tim Angel

It should also let me stand it up: In Landscape mode (90~ degree angle, to watch videos) and in typing mode (45 degree angle). Also, It'd be cool to have some sort of way for the cover to stay securely on the front. From what i hear the official apple case is very good at being a stand, but the front cover seems to not lie flat after using it as a stand for a while. So some sort of magnet (like on purses)
Maybe the option of having a small pocket for papers, business cards, (itunes cards? lol) or the like. Not too big of a pocket though-

Final word: It should be as slim as possible.

I like magnets also because they can be hidden and they get the job done, but I would say I might not feel safe with a magnet on my iPad case. I wonder if small magnets can harm the iPad at all. Does anyone know?

Its got to look great. I personally like a vintage look where I can see the case lasting for a while and even getting better with age.

depending on how people want to use the case. Some people like to make so you can hold it in a stand. Some people don't like the bulk. Some people want more protection.

I personally like a bag thats got a bit of style since a lot of stuff i buy tends to look good. I don't want it too big, then i wouldn't have bought the bag. I would already use the bags i have.

Yes It's not easy to make a functional case that is thin. But I have to say that this case I am working on is pretty thin and is fully funtional.

Tim Angel

I like the folio style cases, like the Apple case (which I'm using now). I just don't like the seam that goes around the outside or the obstructed speaker.

For color I like black.

For material I like whatever the Apple case is made of and microfiber. I also like neoprene.

For functionality I like to cover the screen, to prop it up in landscape for typing, and to stand in portrait. I'm not concerned about protection from drops, just to keep it from getting scratched.

Yes I dont know what the official iPad case is made out of either I hear that it is made out of microfiber material or something.

I had my sister buy one for me and ship it over to me hear in China so I could take a look at it because it looks really nice in the pictures.

Tim Angel

Something that looks very good and lets you hold the iPad at a slight incline for typing.

I love the look of the Vaja cases for example, and I would have no problem paying for one of them, but you can only fold them flat, so that rules them out.

Yes I have seen those cases they look pretty nice. Do you know what the price is on those cases?

Tim Angel

I ordered the macally bookshelf but would have preferred if it was black suede.

Yes I think black would be the most common color for people.

Tim Angel

Merlosso
Apr 25, 2010, 07:23 AM
I like magnets also because they can be hidden and they get the job done, but I would say I might not feel safe with a magnet on my iPad case. I wonder if small magnets can harm the iPad at all...

No, small, low power magnets to hold a case open or closed won't damage the iPad, and you would only need very small magnets. Sounds like a good idea!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/116572/busting_the_biggest_pc_myths.html

ZooGue
Apr 25, 2010, 09:49 AM
No, small, low power magnets to hold a case open or closed won't damage the iPad, and you would only need very small magnets. Sounds like a good idea!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/116572/busting_the_biggest_pc_myths.html

That is good to know I will keep that in mind for our future cases.

Thank You
Tim Angel

chrisesposito
Apr 25, 2010, 10:52 AM
Also available in colors other than black or brown

protect from falls and scratches - i.e., protects the edges as well.

support use as a stand in both landscape and portrait

pocket for accessories (charger, stylus, headset)

one of the things I like about my iskin revo2 case for my iphone is that it has plugs that fill the ports / connectors when not in use but are removable (and remain attached to the case) when I need to use the dock or headset connector ports.

Chris Rogers
Apr 25, 2010, 12:03 PM
Would be awesome if you could have a standard product (or 2 or 3) but then have the option to change the material/color/engraving(?)/etc like NIKE I.D.

Ideally I'd like colors other than Black/Brown/White with the functionality of a trapper keeper :D

JohnH
Apr 25, 2010, 02:58 PM
Here are the case features I want
1) iPad is usable in the case with access to all controls/ports
2) slim and has over the shoulder strap that can be disconnected
3) easy to get iPad in/out and will not stretch out of shape with use
4) padded enough to provide protection for iPad
4) nice looking leather

andrew upstairs
Apr 25, 2010, 03:20 PM
The Apple case, but with better material.

ZooGue
Apr 25, 2010, 03:29 PM
Also available in colors other than black or brown

protect from falls and scratches - i.e., protects the edges as well.

support use as a stand in both landscape and portrait

pocket for accessories (charger, stylus, headset)

one of the things I like about my iskin revo2 case for my iphone is that it has plugs that fill the ports / connectors when not in use but are removable (and remain attached to the case) when I need to use the dock or headset connector ports.

I agree with you on these points. Im thinking about maybe a different versions one very clean and thin and another that could also have pockets for all the accessories.

Thank You for your input,
Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Would be awesome if you could have a standard product (or 2 or 3) but then have the option to change the material/color/engraving(?)/etc like NIKE I.D.

Ideally I'd like colors other than Black/Brown/White with the functionality of a trapper keeper :D

I just checked that out and wow it is very amazing, how you can customize Your shoe. That is a great idea.

Thank You Very much that is a great idea,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Here are the case features I want
1) iPad is usable in the case with access to all controls/ports
2) slim and has over the shoulder strap that can be disconnected
3) easy to get iPad in/out and will not stretch out of shape with use
4) padded enough to provide protection for iPad
4) nice looking leather

I agree with you. I wonder how many people would prefer a shoulder strap.
QUESTION TO EVERYONE......... what do you guys think about the shoulder strap that John suggested? Would you prefer with or without.

Thank You very much for your input John.

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

ZooGue
Apr 25, 2010, 03:34 PM
The Apple case, but with better material.

I actually am still waiting for my official ipad case. But that is becuase I am here in China so it is taking awhile.

Yes I would like very much to see the material in person. I have to say I think it is one of the best cases so far.

Simple, Convenient, and decent price.

Thank You Andrew,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Merlosso
Apr 25, 2010, 04:40 PM
QUESTION TO EVERYONE......... what do you guys think about the shoulder strap that John suggested? Would you prefer with or without.

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

A case with a shoulder strap is not for me. I prefer a bag to put the iPad in if I need to carry it.

Sumitagarwal
Apr 25, 2010, 05:05 PM
Soft minimally-processed leather like the better Vaja stuff.

batman75
Apr 25, 2010, 05:14 PM
leather, very thin and form-fitting like the Apple case, able to support in typing and movie positions on a fold out table when travelling in an airplane. Basically similar specs to the Apple case is ideal, except made out of leather.

However I would prefer if the part that touches the table doesn't touch the screen. SO from that perspective, the in-case book case may be better but only if that style can be made as thin as possible.

I prefer no vendor logo unless it is the Apple logo. I like idea of personalization with my initials, ideally embossed in silver.

Soura2112
Apr 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
Like most of you I want a thing but very strong case, one where if it walls say 3 feet the pad will be okay. I say 3 feel cause I am about 6'3 so that would be the drop. I don't need it to hold anything, like pens and paper, just the pad. I would like it to also protect the screen and very easy to get the pad out and in when I dont want it to be in a case. Also simple for synch.
I need a case for:
-At my friends house who have 4 kids
-The dog park
-Falling out of the car, my iPhone has done that before.
- Road trips and plane trips

The reason I want it to be able to get in and out of the case is at home when I want it to be nice and thin, like it should be.

The current case I am using for my iPhone is great except it's a little bulky, when I take the phone out I forget how thin it is. Great phone case, protects the screen too. Though it did take some getting used to. I had to get my current case when my phone was not in my DLO belt holster and took a spill down my driveway, I was very lucky, so I went out and got a case to make sure I dont press my luck!

Chris Rogers
Apr 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
I agree with you on these points. Im thinking about maybe a different versions one very clean and thin and another that could also have pockets for all the accessories.

Thank You for your input,
Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

I just checked that out and wow it is very amazing, how you can customize Your shoe. That is a great idea.

Thank You Very much that is a great idea,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

I trust that my check is in the mail? ;)

chrisesposito
Apr 25, 2010, 09:44 PM

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Maybe a removable one, if any; If I had to pick yes or no for a non-removable one, I'd opt for no strap.

Sparced
Apr 26, 2010, 01:18 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3648/thehomercar.jpg

;)

danpass
Apr 26, 2010, 06:49 PM

What kind of material?

What color?

Functionality?

Thank You,
Tim Angel

Leather

Dark brown (black is played out so to speak lol)

Same angles as the Apple one.

Are you familiar with the boxes that a 25pack of photo paper comes in?
One that folds open and closed would be great.

aaroneato
Apr 27, 2010, 11:24 PM
I spent over an hour the other day surfing the web looking for a case which would suit my needs and I could not find one.

So, I decided I would make my own.

I am an engineering student and am accustom to carrying with me a portfolio with a pocket for paper and my square and protractor on one side and a pad of 8.5x11 engineering paper on the other.

I was looking for a case that would allow a spot for the ipad to lay flat when the case is open and also have room for a pad of paper, at the minimum. A pocket for a few papers would be nice, just to keep everything tidy until I get back to my room to unload for the day.

What I have come up with (a WIP, awaiting summer break to gain access to a sewing machine, have all my materials acquired and cut up, ready to go) is basically a modified version of portfolio I am used to carrying, but adding a center flap which on the front side will provide a dedicated pocket for my frequently used drafting tools and on the back side a slip in pocket for the ipad. The pocket is open on the top, slim sides and a bottom which comes to the bottom of the screen with a notch out for the home button. With this configuration I am free to browse through my notes I compile as PDF and search through for various formulas, etc. while working a on a problem by hand on my paper pad. All of the work I turn in must be done on engineering paper accompanied by Mathcad and AutoCAD documents, so the pad is critical have with me. As for using the ipad to take my notes, I find for all the obscure diagrams I commonly draw the paper route is easier, unless I come across a kick ass app and stylus combo. I can just as easily take notes on paper then come back to the room and feed them through the scanner as PDF's.

All in all, considering I am waiting for the 3G ipad this summer once I get my first pay check, (T-Minus 3 weeks!) I think that this case should serve my needs well. I am hoping that the databasing possibilities of archiving my notes will allow me to be more efficient and organized in my coursework.

Zepaw
Apr 28, 2010, 12:30 AM
For color probably a few options so you have some choice. I like colorful stuff.

For materials never anything that attracts gunk.

Very important is it should not take away the ascetics of the iPad. I don't want an awkward clunky case with no character.

Functionality is tricky. I want everything! but of course trying to make a case do to much is a recipe for the worst possible case because it will either not work like hoped or be super bulky and unappealing. I like the idea behind the Macally bookcase, extremely simple but very functional.

dino26
Apr 30, 2010, 03:47 PM
Is this you making changes Tim , or you comparing the features you have on your case to those that are mentioned in the thread.

DWIM
Apr 30, 2010, 05:27 PM
I could not agree with aaroneato more. While no longer a student, a place for an 8.5x11 pad insert, flap to hold loose papers (a few) on the left inside. Faux leather is fine. On the right side, something like plastic corner slots to place the iPad into. A few small magnets to hold it closed. To keep it capable of being propped up in portrait or landscape. a small metal or plastic button on the left inside edge (middle), plus an affixed nylon loop on the right inside edge such that I could push the loop onto the button. More info if anyone cares (which I doubt - just being minimalistic and sufficiently functional to make it work but be very unobtrusive). I've had the Kindles and like their stock faux black 'leather' DX case, but would need the extra paper holders + some way of propping the iPad open as a display when needed.

ZooGue
May 2, 2010, 07:36 AM
A case with a shoulder strap is not for me. I prefer a bag to put the iPad in if I need to carry it.

Yes I agree. I think it would be nice to have the shoulder strap once in awhile but overall I think it would get in the way.

Thankyou Merlosso,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Soft minimally-processed leather like the better Vaja stuff.

I havent seen those I don't think but I will check them out

Thank You,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

leather, very thin and form-fitting like the Apple case, able to support in typing and movie positions on a fold out table when travelling in an airplane. Basically similar specs to the Apple case is ideal, except made out of leather.

However I would prefer if the part that touches the table doesn't touch the screen. SO from that perspective, the in-case book case may be better but only if that style can be made as thin as possible.

I prefer no vendor logo unless it is the Apple logo. I like idea of personalization with my initials, ideally embossed in silver.

You have some good advice.

Thank You

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Like most of you I want a thing but very strong case, one where if it walls say 3 feet the pad will be okay. I say 3 feel cause I am about 6'3 so that would be the drop. I don't need it to hold anything, like pens and paper, just the pad. I would like it to also protect the screen and very easy to get the pad out and in when I dont want it to be in a case. Also simple for synch.
I need a case for:
-At my friends house who have 4 kids
-The dog park
-Falling out of the car, my iPhone has done that before.
- Road trips and plane trips

The reason I want it to be able to get in and out of the case is at home when I want it to be nice and thin, like it should be.

The current case I am using for my iPhone is great except it's a little bulky, when I take the phone out I forget how thin it is. Great phone case, protects the screen too. Though it did take some getting used to. I had to get my current case when my phone was not in my DLO belt holster and took a spill down my driveway, I was very lucky, so I went out and got a case to make sure I dont press my luck!

Yes I think any pockets for pens would make it too bulky. I the majority just want a nice clean funtional case.

With a little padding because im just like you I drop my iphone all the time. I am currently on my 5th one since it was released. haha

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

I trust that my check is in the mail? ;)

no actually it's not I don't have your address. haha
Thank You my friend

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Maybe a removable one, if any; If I had to pick yes or no for a non-removable one, I'd opt for no strap.

Thank You

Yes I would have to agree.

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Leather

Dark brown (black is played out so to speak lol)

Same angles as the Apple one.

Are you familiar with the boxes that a 25pack of photo paper comes in?
One that folds open and closed would be great.

I have to agree black is played out but it is the most accepted color among consumers I believe.

25 pack of photo paper........ not exactly sure, im trying to think but I can not picture it.

Thank You,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

I spent over an hour the other day surfing the web looking for a case which would suit my needs and I could not find one.

So, I decided I would make my own.

I am an engineering student and am accustom to carrying with me a portfolio with a pocket for paper and my square and protractor on one side and a pad of 8.5x11 engineering paper on the other.

I was looking for a case that would allow a spot for the ipad to lay flat when the case is open and also have room for a pad of paper, at the minimum. A pocket for a few papers would be nice, just to keep everything tidy until I get back to my room to unload for the day.

What I have come up with (a WIP, awaiting summer break to gain access to a sewing machine, have all my materials acquired and cut up, ready to go) is basically a modified version of portfolio I am used to carrying, but adding a center flap which on the front side will provide a dedicated pocket for my frequently used drafting tools and on the back side a slip in pocket for the ipad. The pocket is open on the top, slim sides and a bottom which comes to the bottom of the screen with a notch out for the home button. With this configuration I am free to browse through my notes I compile as PDF and search through for various formulas, etc. while working a on a problem by hand on my paper pad. All of the work I turn in must be done on engineering paper accompanied by Mathcad and AutoCAD documents, so the pad is critical have with me. As for using the ipad to take my notes, I find for all the obscure diagrams I commonly draw the paper route is easier, unless I come across a kick ass app and stylus combo. I can just as easily take notes on paper then come back to the room and feed them through the scanner as PDF's.

All in all, considering I am waiting for the 3G ipad this summer once I get my first pay check, (T-Minus 3 weeks!) I think that this case should serve my needs well. I am hoping that the databasing possibilities of archiving my notes will allow me to be more efficient and organized in my coursework.

That is great you are able to custom make your own case.

Thank You,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

For color probably a few options so you have some choice. I like colorful stuff.

For materials never anything that attracts gunk.

Very important is it should not take away the ascetics of the iPad. I don't want an awkward clunky case with no character.

Functionality is tricky. I want everything! but of course trying to make a case do to much is a recipe for the worst possible case because it will either not work like hoped or be super bulky and unappealing. I like the idea behind the Macally bookcase, extremely simple but very functional.

I agree

Thank You,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Is this you making changes Tim , or you comparing the features you have on your case to those that are mentioned in the thread.

ahahah Hey Dino no I just want to here from the people what features they would want on thier case. I will not be making any changes to the current version but there is always room for improvements with new versions.

Thanks Dino

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

I could not agree with aaroneato more. While no longer a student, a place for an 8.5x11 pad insert, flap to hold loose papers (a few) on the left inside. Faux leather is fine. On the right side, something like plastic corner slots to place the iPad into. A few small magnets to hold it closed. To keep it capable of being propped up in portrait or landscape. a small metal or plastic button on the left inside edge (middle), plus an affixed nylon loop on the right inside edge such that I could push the loop onto the button. More info if anyone cares (which I doubt - just being minimalistic and sufficiently functional to make it work but be very unobtrusive). I've had the Kindles and like their stock faux black 'leather' DX case, but would need the extra paper holders + some way of propping the iPad open as a display when needed.

Thank You for the comments and advice, much appreciated.

Thank You,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

zub3qin
May 2, 2010, 07:55 AM
I want Apple to modify their iPad case so it is more protective. I'd like them to make the covers of the same material, but with a metal skeleton (perhaps aluminum) rather than plastic or whatever is inside right now. Also, with a way to get the case out easier.

And the cover stays shut with embedded magnets.

thatisme
May 2, 2010, 09:40 AM
I prefer either rough saddlebag leather or a light tan leather.

I would like a case that provides "some" protection, but more to the point, one that prevents scratches and dings while being transported either in a bag or by hand.

I want a secure fitment to the iPad. Something I don't have to worry about the iPad falling out, popping out or sliding around.

I pad should be on the LEFT side of the case, to allow for a note pad on the right side (to allow the iPad to not interfere with writing on the notepad). Should also have a pen / pencil / stylus holder. I am one that will still be taking handwritten notes, while using the iPad for appointments, presentations, PDF, etc....

I want the case to be able to replace the need for carrying a wallet. Checkbook, Credit Cards / frequent flyer cards. It should also have a pocket the proper size for a boarding pass and possibly a passport. A pocket for paper bills (US) would be a plus.

It should be thin and light.

Not asking too much, right?

LouieSamman
May 2, 2010, 09:52 AM
The belkin grip vue is perfect for the type of case I want.

I choose the clear model.

ZooGue
May 2, 2010, 04:00 PM
I want Apple to modify their iPad case so it is more protective. I'd like them to make the covers of the same material, but with a metal skeleton (perhaps aluminum) rather than plastic or whatever is inside right now. Also, with a way to get the case out easier.

And the cover stays shut with embedded magnets.

Yes it is not very easy to remove the iPad from the apple case.

The magnets are very nice, someone was telling me that the ipad does not have any problems with small magnets. But im not sure I would take that risk. I wouldn't want to harm anyones iPad.

Thanks,

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Mac In School
May 3, 2010, 12:37 AM
I don't even know if it's possible to create, but if I could dream up a perfect case, I'd start with the InCase Book (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/convertible-book-jacket-cl57512/6) Jacket as a baseline.

The things I'd fix with this case:

1. The foldover cover would be stiffer, so it didn't bend. After only a week of use, my cover appears warped.

2. All 3 viewing angles would work. The grooves cut into the top 2 work great, but the foldover cover doesn't "stick" in the bottom one.

3. Slightly higher angle for the "typing" position. The angle on the Apple case is perfect.

4. Make the whole thing a little thinner, like the Apple case.

5. Add a Pogo stylus holder.

eTip
May 3, 2010, 12:48 AM
Must protect edges and have EXTRA protection on the corners. Other than that, minimalist design - I don't want a stand as part of my case since it will add bulk and almost inevitably break, IMHO. I have stands that do the job and some are plenty portable if I should feel the need to drag it along. Black or clear. For my current daily use which is primarily personal - not business - I hate the folio concept. If I end up using it more at work - meetings etc., I could see having a folio. I never found the perfect case for my iPhone - and switch between cases. Good luck trying to please everyone though, we all use these devices different and we are still finding new and different ways to use them....

lachyg
May 3, 2010, 06:14 AM
Basic, leather, same functionality as Apples. I would want it so it hardly impacted on my holding of the device.

dino26
May 3, 2010, 06:27 AM
A nice neoprene style case with a hard plastic insert , and maybe a few slits in the case so it can hold cards , and maybe a small zip or something to hold like a miwi device.

Also a flap that covers the screen and stays in place by maybe a button or velcro. So that once stored no part of the ipad is exposed. Also i want the case to maybe have a nice gel sort of feeling. so you know if it drops that the case will be well protected.

I can understand what some people are saying is that they just want a case but would you really knock back a case that had more extra features , i dont think so.

theman510
May 3, 2010, 12:52 PM
A nice neoprene style case with a hard plastic insert , and maybe a few slits in the case so it can hold cards , and maybe a small zip or something to hold like a miwi device.

Also a flap that covers the screen and stays in place by maybe a button or velcro. So that once stored no part of the ipad is exposed. Also i want the case to maybe have a nice gel sort of feeling. so you know if it drops that the case will be well protected.

I can understand what some people are saying is that they just want a case but would you really knock back a case that had more extra features , i dont think so.

I would knock a case that had extra features if those extra features added bulkiness/size and i didn't want any of the features.

ZooGue
May 4, 2010, 01:51 PM
I don't even know if it's possible to create, but if I could dream up a perfect case, I'd start with the InCase Book (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/convertible-book-jacket-cl57512/6) Jacket as a baseline.

The things I'd fix with this case:

1. The foldover cover would be stiffer, so it didn't bend. After only a week of use, my cover appears warped.

2. All 3 viewing angles would work. The grooves cut into the top 2 work great, but the foldover cover doesn't "stick" in the bottom one.

3. Slightly higher angle for the "typing" position. The angle on the Apple case is perfect.

4. Make the whole thing a little thinner, like the Apple case.

5. Add a Pogo stylus holder.

To be honest I am dissapointed in all the case companies because there is still not a case that is fully adjustable and stable at the same time.

It is a good thing for me because that means that I have a very big edge against my competition Case companies.

I think the convertible jacket is a good idea but it just does not look very stable.

And believe me it is possible, I created it myself. except for the pogo stylus.

What is a pogo stylus?

Thank You for your suggestions

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Must protect edges and have EXTRA protection on the corners. Other than that, minimalist design - I don't want a stand as part of my case since it will add bulk and almost inevitably break, IMHO. I have stands that do the job and some are plenty portable if I should feel the need to drag it along. Black or clear. For my current daily use which is primarily personal - not business - I hate the folio concept. If I end up using it more at work - meetings etc., I could see having a folio. I never found the perfect case for my iPhone - and switch between cases. Good luck trying to please everyone though, we all use these devices different and we are still finding new and different ways to use them....

Yes I know I will not be able to please everyone. However I know I will be able to please the majority of people no matter where they use their iPad.

Would you consider a case/ stand to take with you everywhere that was thinner than 1 in.

Thank You for the suggestions my friend

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

Basic, leather, same functionality as Apples. I would want it so it hardly impacted on my holding of the device.

Thank You for your comments

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

I have hear a couple people suggest a pocket for miwi device, I am seriously considering it.

Also I like your suggestion of a gel material very much I like that idea.

Thank You
Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

I would knock a case that had extra features if those extra features added bulkiness/size and i didn't want any of the features.

I agree my friend

Tim Angel
Owner
ZooGue

mkrishnan
May 15, 2010, 09:21 PM
Sorry, we do not permit the creation of threads for commercial purposes, outside of those situations specifically discussed in our forum rules.