Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ang8385

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Currently i was thinking of buying both of them in near future. Is the iSight really worth the money? It is pretty expensive. Can i (Powerbook Rev c) do only one way video chat with my gf (iMac without iSight)? What else iSight can do for me? Say recording mpeg and so on

For AirportExpress, can i stream other audio other than iTunes? it would be awesome if it can stream any audio.

Thankx in advance guys..... :)

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
As far as I know (and I just set up my Airport Express today) you can only stream directly from iTunes. However, I have heard speculation that CoreAudio in Tiger may expand this.

Can't comment on iSight, but I am pretty happy with the Airport Express (use it to stream music to my home stereo).

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
Simple...

You can record video, take pictures, and video chat with an iSight.
You can stream music from iTunes, print wirelessly, and have wireless internet with Airport Express.

It's made by Apple. It all works great. Buy it if you need it. Drool over it, if you don't.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Do an online search...

These products have been out for some time now. Do a google search to find tons of reviews (and spec requirements).

ang8385

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Thankz for the review guys, but is there a new version of iSight coming out soon?

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
ang8385 said:
Thankz for the review guys, but is there a new version of iSight coming out soon?

If we were to know, don't you think we would have told you to wait for the new version that we KNEW was coming out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.