PDA

View Full Version : Radtech ClearCal Anti-Glare - Any one using these?

jedolley
Apr 24, 2010, 12:49 AM
I've been looking around for some other AF/AG film for the iPad. Powersupport gets a lot of support around here, and I guess they deserve it. I looked at the Powersupport option, but just didn't like the price and shipping costs.

I know Incipio has as screen coming, and as does speck. However, Screenguardz and SGP are already out and users are saying good things. During this search I found a group at Radtech.us that sells some accessories for the iPad. one of which is the ClearCal screen film. They get pretty decent reviews on youtube and there is atleast one comparision video showing ClearCal chosen over powersupport.

http://www.radtech.us/Products/clearcal-ipad-display-film.aspx
Radtech ClearCal is $19.95 and you get 2 screen protectors, along with their Optex polishing cloth. Also, if you use Bing Cashback then you will get 20% back from your purchase with radtech.

Any users out there have experience with this this product and would like to share?

andrewb21
Apr 25, 2010, 01:00 AM
Seems like a great deal, probably what I'll go with. Haven't heard many reviews yet but for the price and what you get it's one of the better deals.

jedolley
Apr 25, 2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah, I placed my order tonight so I expect it to ship out monday and I'll probably get it towards the middle or end of this coming week.

The radtech guys have a video on youtube showing how they apply their film to larger screens like MBP. They went start to finish and in the end, it looked flawless. Going to see if I can get the same result.

mcdj
Apr 25, 2010, 01:12 AM
Will keep an eye on this thread. I have owned other Radtech products and they're quite good. Their customer service is excellent. That said, I have tried some really crappy anti-glare films for the iPhone (have not tried a Radtech) and I hope they're sourcing the good stuff.

I'm keeping an eye out for Tru screen protectors for the iPad. Haven't seen it available yet and don't know if it ever will be, but their film for the iPhone is excellent and cheap; as good as Power Support if not a tad better, and much cheaper.

8CoreWhore
Apr 25, 2010, 01:38 AM
I'd like to have an anti-glare film that I can put on when needed and take off when not without problems. Can this film be removed and reinstalled over and over again? Really, "protection" isn't needed it it? It's not like the screen is in your pocket with your keys.

mcdj
Apr 25, 2010, 09:31 AM
Really, "protection" isn't needed it it? It's not like the screen is in your pocket with your keys.

For a lot of people, anti glare protectors aren't about the protection, they're about the anti-glare. A good one will eliminate glare with a minimum of distortion/haziness and completely eliminate fingerprints.

fishmd
Apr 25, 2010, 11:46 AM
I have the SGP one (steinheil AF). Although they are out of stock on their own website, www.handhelditems.com has them in stock. I can say that the quality is really good for this. Yes, it does cut down on clarity, but it is very very minimal. Fingerprints are not visible, which is key with me. Also, I can see the screen much better outside in bright sunlight. What is more, I just like the feel much better. I know, I am probably one of the few, but I do. :)

Radtech makes good stuff though, and if you get two protectors, that is really good. I would just be interested in the visual quality. I know there is a youtube reviewer itsmemorphious who got some of these, but I don't think he has reviewed them yet.

digimidi
Apr 25, 2010, 11:51 AM
I have this protector. They work well for the price. I would say the Power Support are slightly better (use them on iPhone 3GS). It is nice to get 2 for the price.

Gil

andrewb21
Apr 25, 2010, 07:21 PM
Looking forward to an in depth review on this from someone.

Alchematron
Apr 25, 2010, 08:32 PM
If I apply the anti-glare film to the glass

And decide weeks later that I want to remove it

Is it easy to remove?

Thanx

unagimiyagi
Apr 26, 2010, 03:15 AM
Which one of these preserves clarity the best but is still antiglare? Is there a consensus or a buy and try policy? For what they are charging they had better be as clear as they claim to be.

For reference, the best skins ever is perfectly clear to me. Is it like still that clear with sgp, tru, powersupport, moshi, speck, griffin, radtech films?

jedolley
Apr 28, 2010, 12:22 PM
Mine should be here today. If I have the time I will apply it and report back (possibly with some pics).

jedolley
May 3, 2010, 04:25 PM
I got mine last week, but wanted to wait to report back. My initial screen protectors were bent on the corners. It was so slight I didn't notice it until I applied them and then you could see where the crease would no adhere.

I wrote Radtech and they sent me a new set and this time they packed it in an actual box as opposed to an envelope. I'm going to try to install it soon and give some feedback.

rogerh
May 13, 2010, 09:23 AM
So has anyone compared this to the Powersupport matte screen protector?

garethjs
May 13, 2010, 10:26 AM
Power Support was rated above SteinHeil's.

I wondering how this would rate against it.