PDA

View Full Version : Closing the lid to sleep makes Air panic and shut down

juro
Apr 24, 2010, 01:39 AM
Hello guys, need some tips or advise here.

I have a first gen MBA 1.6, and recently (like two days ago) every time I close the lid it shuts down. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen more times than it doesn't. Booting it up after, a window tells me a kernel problem has occurred.

Sorry, no real knowledge of the underpinnings of how software works - so if any of you have ever experienced this, or have some tips or diagnoses, I will certainly be thankful for it.

Thanks.

LinMac
Apr 24, 2010, 02:33 AM
Try the normal debug steps such as reset SMC/NVRAM, repair permissions, clearing caches with Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner or Onyx, or reinstall the OS.

DiamondGCoupe
Apr 25, 2010, 12:15 PM
It's supposed to sleep when the lid is closed.

halledise
Apr 25, 2010, 03:39 PM
you could also run TechTool Deluxe and see what that reveals to you, but I'd say LinMac's suggestions are the way to go.

That way you'll have a sleek and speedy Air once more and installing SL on a clean skin HDD will show a marked improvement over what you now have ;)

u49aa2
Apr 25, 2010, 03:50 PM
I had the same issue with my Air, resetting the SMC solved the issue

juro
Apr 26, 2010, 05:43 AM
Try the normal debug steps such as reset SMC/NVRAM, repair permissions, clearing caches with Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner or Onyx, or reinstall the OS.

Thanks a lot LinMac.

Did all the Onyx cleaning and permissions processes and an SMC reset and that did the thing.