Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatwendigo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Sum, Ergo Sum.
Alright, so I'm trying to jump on the Skype bandwagon because a friend of mine just can't seem to get his PC to talk to my machine through iChat. I know it's not iChat's fault because it'll see and connect to other people.

Today, I went out and bought the Logitech USB Headset 300, figuring that it'll let me keep my audio ports free and probably sound better, since it's supposedly digital instead of analog. I get home, plug it in, and I can get sound out of the machine, but the mic seems to be dead. The manual that came with it says to make sure the keyboard is plugged into USB slot 1, and I've tried moving all the plugs around to be sure this is the case. Aside from that, they don't have any useful suggestions.

I checked Logitech to see if they had an update or a driver downlaod, but there's no love. Their support pages weren't much help, either, and it seems the firmware in the device itself was written for OS X 10.1 or higher.

Does anyone out there have any idea what might be wrong? I'm running a current version of OS X 10.3.5 with all security updates on an eMac 700 with 1GB of RAM.

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
Well, you approached the situation right and did the right things...But I don't seem this as a complex thing. It should just work, you know? Also, I can't possibly see how the USB port things would work in this situation..Perhaps you got a bad product? Only one way to find out..Time to make a trip back to the store. It will put you to the next step after you find out if it's the product or your computer. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.