PDA

View Full Version : WTF APPLE NAZIS!!!!! Can't delete photos!!!

djrobsd
Apr 24, 2010, 02:42 AM
I was growing to love my ipad.. I have been singing the praises to my friends... But this is absolutely 100% unacceptable to me...

First, I can't copy SELECTED photos to the ipad. I have to sync an entire folder, album, library, or person to ipad... So I thought, ok, no worries I'll just delete the pictures I don't want after I copy them.

SORRY! APPLE SAYS I CANT!

The delete button is not there! You CAN NOT delete photos you copied from itunes to your ipad. You can only delete the photos you saved to the ipad from web sites, but you can not delete photos without using itunes.

This is just absolute and total kaka. Apple needs to fix this ASAP..

And for all the fanboys out there who are going to bash me for this thread, I'm just going to laugh at you.

jodorowsky00
Apr 24, 2010, 02:46 AM
I was growing to love my ipad.. I have been singing the praises to my friends... But this is absolutely 100% unacceptable to me...

First, I can't copy SELECTED photos to the ipad. I have to sync an entire folder, album, library, or person to ipad... So I thought, ok, no worries I'll just delete the pictures I don't want after I copy them.

The delete button is not there! You CAN NOT delete photos you copied from itunes to your ipad. You can only delete the photos you saved to the ipad from web sites, but you can not delete photos without using itunes.

And for all the fanboys out there who are going to bash me for this thread, I'm just going to laugh at you.

pansy !

Bigrahizzle
Apr 24, 2010, 02:47 AM
it can be fixed with a firmware update, relax!!!!

PBF
Apr 24, 2010, 02:48 AM

Are you nuts?

ethical
Apr 24, 2010, 02:50 AM
Why don't you just create a new pictures folder called "My stupid pictures that I want on my stupid iPad" ... or I guess you could just calll it "iPad". Then sync that with it.

Also....change the name of this thread.

boogei
Apr 24, 2010, 02:50 AM
Nazi's eh.....

forgot your pills today did ya?:p

GamecockMac
Apr 24, 2010, 02:58 AM

Too late, we're already laughing at you for comparing a computer company to the architects of the Holocaust simply because you can't delete a couple of snapshots from your iPad. :rolleyes:

Jinkst
Apr 24, 2010, 03:02 AM
Even if you could delete them it would add them again next time the iPad was synced.

Really don't see the big deal here. As has been said, just make a folder with those pics you want. It's not hard. Infact, it probably would have taken less time and energy than making this thread whingeing about something that Apple won't fix as it's been a part of iPhone OS all along.

gibbz
Apr 24, 2010, 03:05 AM
Also, shouldn't it be "WTF APPLE NAZIS?????" ? You are asking a question based on the WTF part of the title, right?

Also, I would recommend going to Apple's iPad feedback page (http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html) to voice your concerns in lieu of going on a web forum and using absurd thread titles. Just my $0.02

PBF
Apr 24, 2010, 03:12 AM
Also, shouldn't it be "WTF APPLE NAZIS?????" ? You are asking a question based on the WTF part of the title, right?

Also, I would recommend going to Apple's iPad feedback page (http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html) to voice your concerns in lieu of going on a web forum and using absurd thread titles. Just my $0.02
ditto ditto more and more dittos!!!!!

I love english correct grammer very much!!!!!!!!!

Peter Harrison
Apr 24, 2010, 03:55 AM
This hotel I'm in doesn't have hot chocolate... Just tea and coffee.

NAZI HOTEL.

Oh, and calm down. Seriously. Think about what made you so upset. Then google "Nazi". Wikipedia would be good enough.

ChrisBrightwell
Apr 24, 2010, 03:59 AM

... or create an album with only the pictures you want on the iPad.

Novel concept, eh?

Bigrahizzle
Apr 24, 2010, 04:02 AM
who wouldnt want pics on the ipad. I have 17 Gigs worth of pics and i want em all on there, sync it and forget about!

Thats if ur playing with a 64GB hahahahaha

master-ceo
Apr 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
You CAN NOT delete photos you copied from itunes to your ipad. You can only delete the photos you saved to the ipad from web sites

I concur. KAKA!

BobHail
Apr 24, 2010, 04:09 AM
I agree with the OP (except the nazi part).

And I also laugh to anyone´s face, who´s trying to apologise for Apple about this.

kultschar
Apr 24, 2010, 04:10 AM
Yeah I never understood this, I mean you can delete movies still I presume (like on the iPhone) but not music or pictures? Wierd why they choose movies but nothing else!

ethical
Apr 24, 2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah I never understood this, I mean you can delete movies still I presume (like on the iPhone) but not music or pictures? Wierd why they choose movies but nothing else!

Probably because most people would only watch a movie on their iPhone/iPad once, and then delete it to free up some space (they are often very big files remember), without having to sync. Whereas pictures that you specifically wanted to sync to your phone/pad aren't usually deleted after being looked at once. Just a guess tho.

kultschar
Apr 24, 2010, 04:54 AM
Probably because most people would only watch a movie on their iPhone/iPad once, and then delete it to free up some space (they are often very big files remember), without having to sync. Whereas pictures that you specifically wanted to sync to your phone/pad aren't usually deleted after being looked at once. Just a guess tho.

Thats a reasonable point, however seems daft they don't just add this option to all media anyhow since they have programmed it for movies already.

ethical
Apr 24, 2010, 05:09 AM
Thats a reasonable point, however seems daft they don't just add this option to all media anyhow since they have programmed it for movies already.

Yeah I agree with you. Doesn't seem to make too much sense really.

HXGuy
Apr 24, 2010, 05:37 AM

Novel concept, eh?

People that blindly defend the iPad are amazing.

Seriously...you find it ok to not be able to delete photos? You really think the best way is to resync or to just do it rightnthe first time?

HXGuy
Apr 24, 2010, 05:39 AM
By the way, the iPhone has the same stupid limitation but kind of like multitasking, it was never a problem on the iPhone as most probably didn't use the iPhone to show off pictures to family and friends. Apple even advertises the iPad as a picture album so they should give you more flexibility than the iPhone.

icanhazipad?
Apr 24, 2010, 05:41 AM

Novel concept, eh?

what this guy said, win.

It's silly that common sense never prevails... when you put music on your iPad, do you sync the entire library or just playlists (for the most part, don't get stupid...)?

I have never put my entire library on my iDevices... I have cd's that I like maybe half the songs, and thats the beauty of iTunes. So stop crying about little things and find the fix yourself....

now continue with the OHSOCREATIVETITLES.... they make me happy

edit: as HXGuy stated, things on the iPhone that annoy you may possibly annoy you on the iPad. Why you say, uh, because they have the same damn OS (a few minor tweaks, it is really the 3.1.3, renamed 3.2 for the iPad launch)

ethical
Apr 24, 2010, 05:42 AM

Seriously...you find it ok to not be able to delete photos? You really think the best way is to resync or to just do it rightnthe first time?

Nobody said it was the best way. I'm sure everyone agrees it's bit of a pain. But the OP worded his post and title so badly that it was hardly going to prompt a positive response from people. All we can do is suggest the best way to get around the problem.

HXGuy
Apr 24, 2010, 05:44 AM
Ok..so say I sync an album then leave the house to show the photos to my parents, I get there and realize I don't want them to see one of the pictures and by mistake didn't remove it when I synced. What do you propose...turn around and go back home to sync? Let me guess..should have done it right in the first place? Come on, it's ridiculous.

icanhazipad?
Apr 24, 2010, 05:46 AM
Ok..so say I sync an album then leave the house to show the photos to my parents, I get there and realize I don't want them to see one of the pictures and by mistake didn't remove it when I synced. What do you propose...turn around and go back home to sync? Let me guess..should have done it right in the first place? Come on, it's ridiculous.

You are syncing photos to your iPad that you don't want your parents to see yet you are intending to go see them anyways?

logic fail... your defenses are crumbling like your original stance...

wolfpackfan
Apr 24, 2010, 05:47 AM
This isn't a big issue for me. I just have a special folder called Photos for iPad and copy the subfolders into that folder that I want to appear on my iPad. I then go in and delete the photos in the copy that I don't want to appear on my iPad before I sync. No big deal to me. It's amazing the things that get folks into an uproar. But then again I guess there are a couple of things I don't like that doesn't bother others (like being able to have a completely blank homescreen).

ethical
Apr 24, 2010, 05:47 AM
Let me guess..should have done it right in the first place?
Got it in one ;)

There's no point bitching to us about it though. None of use write the programs that go on the iPad. Take it up with Apple if you want it changed.

HXGuy
Apr 24, 2010, 05:49 AM
Actually it's a true instance that happened..why is it so hard to fathom?

Yes, we had a party and there were about 200 pictures...I synced them all but there were a few I would have liked to erase.

stevensr123
Apr 24, 2010, 05:50 AM
what this guy said, win.

It's silly that common sense never prevails... when you put music on your iPad, do you sync the entire library or just playlists (for the most part, don't get stupid...)?

I have never put my entire library on my iDevices... I have cd's that I like maybe half the songs, and thats the beauty of iTunes. So stop crying about little things and find the fix yourself....

now continue with the OHSOCREATIVETITLES.... they make me happy

edit: as HXGuy stated, things on the iPhone that annoy you may possibly annoy you on the iPad. Why you say, uh, because they have the same damn OS (a few minor tweaks, it is really the 3.1.3, renamed 3.2 for the iPad launch)
lol laugh at you talking about common sense when trying to defend the fact that apple hasnt even included the ability to delete photos. Common sense would be giving the user this ability just for the sake of it. I mean ffs they have included the ability to use it as a digital photo frame, surly they should have given the user more control over photos.

I haven't used an ipad yet so i also need to ask this question, can you move a photo that is in one album, into another album?

icanhazipad?
Apr 24, 2010, 05:53 AM
I wish there was an emoticon of me beating the hell out of you with an iPad... if you don't want a picture there, then don't put it into your sync folder. Yes, it would be convenient to delete individual pictures, but Apple is assuming (how stupid of them) that anyone purchasing an Apple device is not a mentally retarded dumbass who does not understand something as simple as "you don't want it there, don't put it there."

it's like I said, if you don't want a song on your iDevice, don't put it in the sync playlist... is it THAT hard to comprehend.

again, sorry for the short temper, I've been awake for 18 hours and I am agitated...

edit: you know apple, not putting rudimentary tasks like moving and deleting photos. How many digital picture frames give you the ability to delete and move photos around? the pos my mother-in-law gave me doesn't even SYNC half the time, let alone let me move things around or delete them.... I am quite happy with the functionality of the iPad... again, sorry for the short-temperedness.

HXGuy
Apr 24, 2010, 05:54 AM
No, you cannot move a photo. You can't create a new album either. It all has to be done on your desktop first which is stupid as hell. Apple insists that we stay tethered to iTunes almost at all times.

What I really don't get is that they allow you to delete saved pictures but not synced ones...so it's not like it was an oversight or something, they just didn't want to include it.

sassenach74
Apr 24, 2010, 05:58 AM
I'd say this thread should be deleted and the user banned simply for the title, it's well out of order and belittles everything the jews had to suffer in the hands of the Nazi's.

HXGuy
I wish there was an emoticon of me beating the hell out of you with an iPad... if you don't want a picture there, then don't put it into your sync folder. Yes, it would be convenient to delete individual pictures, but Apple is assuming (how stupid of them) that anyone purchasing an Apple device is not a mentally retarded dumbass who does not understand something as simple as "you don't want it there, don't put it there."

it's like I said, if you don't want a song on your iDevice, don't put it in the sync playlist... is it THAT hard to comprehend.

again, sorry for the short temper, I've been awake for 18 hours and I am agitated...

I don't know you you use you computer but I don't usually make specific sync folders...iPhoto groups photos together automatically when you upload that batch and I usually just sync by the folder, I don't go in and review everything and then select what I want and don't want and then sync. I'd like to sync a whole folder, and then maybe sit comfortably on the couch and sort them out or maybe in the car on the way somewhere. Is that too much to ask for?

Cheffy Dave

What are you 12?

icanhazipad?
Apr 24, 2010, 06:00 AM
What are you 12?

benefit of the doubt, 15...

Cheffy Dave
Apr 24, 2010, 06:03 AM
benefit of the doubt, 15...

seriously, and out of Thorazine!:rolleyes:

r0k
Apr 24, 2010, 06:04 AM
Steve Jobs must take great pleasure in reading forums like this where people call each other names rather than admit something might be wrong with an iThing. Apple screwed the pooch in several areas with the design of the iPad. It's still a great device but we are talking about human beings here not God.

A mere 256 Meg of ram on the iPad seems like a mistake to me. The inability to manage files without docking with the iTunes mothership is an even bigger mistake. Are there workarounds? Yes. Should we need them? No. Will apple fix this? Maybe not when they have fanboys willing to fall on their swords over every stupid mistake apple makes.

Any way to edit the title? I don't see how the term nazi adds anything to our discussion.

MacRumorUser
Apr 24, 2010, 06:05 AM
http://dialoguewithdaila.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/n68drama-queen-posters_jpg.jpg

Talk about Drama Queen

As for those complaining about 256mb of ram? Have you used an iPad? What were you doing where you met any hindrance due to the ipads specs? Theoretical specification "limitations" are not always indicative of 'real' world usage.

r0k
Apr 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
http://dialoguewithdaila.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/n68drama-queen-posters_jpg.jpgTalk about Drama Queen

Is is okay if I print out your sign for my daughter's door? :D

stevensr123
Apr 24, 2010, 06:09 AM
btw can the mods change the thread title? would be nice having a proper discussion about the problem instead of having the thread populated by people calling the op a child :rolleyes:

HXGuy
Apr 24, 2010, 06:13 AM
As for those complaining about 256mb of ram? Have you used an iPad? What were you doing where you met any hindrance due to the ipads specs? Theoretical specification "limitations" are not always indicative of 'real' world usage.

I agree on this, I don't think it's a problem however I have seen posts where people have received out of memory popups and had to quit the app. People also blame the low RAM for Safari refreshing the tabs however I think it's Safari itself to blame as Atomic Browser works just fine with tabs and they dont refresh.

stevensr123
Apr 24, 2010, 06:19 AM
can you delete movies on the ipad? and create folders in the movies app? so say i wanted to put on an entire series of southpark on the ipad, could I create a folder called southpark to put them all in one folder?.

icanhazipad?
Apr 24, 2010, 06:20 AM
I don't know you you use you computer but I don't usually make specific sync folders...iPhoto groups photos together automatically when you upload that batch and I usually just sync by the folder, I don't go in and review everything and then select what I want and don't want and then sync. I'd like to sync a whole folder, and then maybe sit comfortably on the couch and sort them out or maybe in the car on the way somewhere. Is that too much to ask for?

it's as I've stated many many time before, most people don't sync their entire libraries to their iDevices. I don't, I can't. I have over 350gb's of music on my HDD. It ranges from classical to Motown to todays hits (the wife doesn't understand good music, she still listens to that little Bieber kid...). Yes, it would be convenient to change, but since it's probably not going to anytime soon, do the right way. People are nitpicking trying to find out whats wrong with the device. As MacRumor said, anyone who has used an iPad can tell you that those 256mb of ram are more than enough. Apple designed this to work, just like they have with all their products. Macs are substantially better than pc's because Apple made the mobo. I trust apple to pump out quality and user friendly wonders, as I have since 2001.

can you delete movies on the ipad? and create folders in the movies app? so say i wanted to put on an entire series of southpark on the ipad, could I create a folder called southpark to put them all in one folder?.

you can sync a folder of movies, but it won't show up as a folder, just all the episodes.

stevensr123
Apr 24, 2010, 06:25 AM
you can sync a folder of movies, but it won't show up as a folder, just all the episodes.

ok thanks, bit disappointed :(. it would have been nice to be able to create a folder for each type of video that is on my ipad (comedy, romance etc) or create a folder for a specific series so it isn't all scattered.

but oh well, I'm sure this will/can be corrected one day.

MacRumorUser
Apr 24, 2010, 06:32 AM
I agree on this, I don't think it's a problem however I have seen posts where people have received out of memory popups and had to quit the app. People also blame the low RAM for Safari refreshing the tabs however I think it's Safari itself to blame as Atomic Browser works just fine with tabs and they dont refresh.

I have a feeling that some of those out of memory errors were app 'bugs' rather than actual iPad memory errors.

Yep Atomic Browser works fine for me with tabs and cache, therefore I suspect that it's a safari anomaly on the iPad that will be repaired with an update.

I've done some rally heavy work on the ipad with brushes, sketchbook pro and had no problems doing so whilst listening to music and emails being pushed into mail in the background.

As for people wanting more ways to organise your stuff, I'm hoping like folders for Apps in OS4' we will be able to do this with photos, videos also.

ethical
Apr 24, 2010, 06:40 AM
Steve Jobs must take great pleasure in reading forums like this where people call each other names rather than admit something might be wrong with an iThing. Apple screwed the pooch in several areas with the design of the iPad. It's still a great device but we are talking about human beings here not God.

A mere 256 Meg of ram on the iPad seems like a mistake to me. The inability to manage files without docking with the iTunes mothership is an even bigger mistake. Are there workarounds? Yes. Should we need them? No. Will apple fix this? Maybe not when they have fanboys willing to fall on their swords over every stupid mistake apple makes.

Any way to edit the title? I don't see how the term nazi adds anything to our discussion.

Nobodies being a fanboy. Take a vote and it'll be unanimously agreed that this feature should be included....but what did the OP expect? A chorus of "yeah i agree"? Instead, he got a solution (albeit not perfect, but a solution nonetheless). It's also the way he worded his initial post that provoked such a response from other people...what the hell are we supposed to do about it?!?

icanhazipad?
Apr 24, 2010, 06:40 AM
As for people wanting more ways to organise your stuff, I'm hoping like folders for Apps in OS4' we will be able to do this with photos, videos also.

I can only hope so, because the iTards (people who buy :apple: products but then complain endlessly about user error) will bitch and moan even more... and we'll have to wait until os 5 for relief... and who KNOWS when that will be...

note: I don't consider myself a fanboy, a hopeless romantic for the Jobs, etc. - It boils down to this: I know what works for me. I have never had an issue with any apple product and whenever someone asks about my hardware, I sing it's praises. When my buddies come to me and say, hey, my computer crashed again, I smile a bit. I know that I am avoiding all these problems by using a mac. In fact, 15 of the guys in my dorm bought macs with their stipends this semester. I liken it to your vehicle. If you bought a new Honda Accord, and you LOVED it, but it had a small error with the gas cap, wouldn't you fight for it? It runs well, it looks damn good and most of all, it makes you happy. Thats all were, at least I'm, doing.

Hmac
Apr 24, 2010, 06:45 AM

The guy in this video doesn't seem to have any trouble importing only selected photos from an SD card. What does he know that you don't?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuW7Exs53bc&feature=player_embedded

PlayHard
Apr 24, 2010, 06:46 AM
So wait. With the camera connector kit if I pull in photos while on vacation and on the big screen (from my camera) I see it's not that good, then I can't delete it? I'd have to wait and sync it to my computer? That can't be right. I was hoping to take this on vacations and use it to store pics but that would mean I'd waste space on ones I don't want.

master-ceo
Apr 24, 2010, 06:54 AM
So wait. With the camera connector kit if I pull in photos while on vacation and on the big screen (from my camera) I see it's not that good, then I can't delete it? I'd have to wait and sync it to my computer? That can't be right. I was hoping to take this on vacations and use it to store pics but that would mean I'd waste space on ones I don't want.

Yes you can Delete photos uploaded to iPad with the Cam Kit.

ethical
Apr 24, 2010, 06:54 AM

Why can't you delete the photo on your camera?

Peter Harrison
Apr 24, 2010, 07:10 AM
Photos is just syncing and creating a mirror of what is on the computer. Is it that big a deal? Can you delete songs from your iPad? Or do you have to manage the songs on your computer?

PlayHard
Apr 24, 2010, 07:31 AM
Why can't you delete the photo on your camera?

That's not what I meant. I can delete them from the camera but I was saying after I imported into iPad, I would want to delete from the iPad if the pic looked bad. On the camera screen it may look good but on the larger ipad screen look like crap. Anyway I just checked the Apple site and someone there said photos you import from the camera can be deleted so it's all good:)

gtsipad
Apr 24, 2010, 08:02 AM
No, you cannot move a photo. You can't create a new album either. It all has to be done on your desktop first which is stupid as hell. Apple insists that we stay tethered to iTunes almost at all the time

If you don't like Steve's sandbox, don't play in it. It's really that simple. No one forced you to buy an iPad...

NewAppleIpadFan
Apr 24, 2010, 08:27 AM
okay guys, while all the back and forth can be fun, I just went into photos and if you click on the photo you want to delete to blow it up to full screen, I seem to get a garbage can icon in the upper right that allows me to delete the photo? Am I the only one lucky enough to get the "delete" feature?:)

steel magnolia
Apr 24, 2010, 08:36 AM
I have always been able to delete with the trash can in upper right corner after tapping to enlarge pic. Guess some didn't realize you could do that.

MajorTCS
Apr 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
I agree. Totally unacceptable!

mstout
Apr 24, 2010, 08:48 AM
DJ, you suck. You use Nazi like it's a joke. I hope your iPad destroys all your pictures and you have no back-ups. You're a sad sad wanker. Go visit a WWII museum and get a freakin' clue you ignorant spoiled yuppie monster.

gigapocket1
Apr 24, 2010, 08:59 AM
Are u sure u can't delete them.. I can't check because I'm waiting on the 3G iPad.. But when i was at best buy playing on a demo.. A guy came up and asked the employee if it is possible.. And the employee click the button at the top right. And it said delete selected or sum like that.. And deleted pics off the iPad...

jsbaugh
Apr 24, 2010, 09:01 AM
Don't listen to the OP, you can delete photos from the iPad without iTunes.

I take that back. It shows the delete button but it doesn't work.

steel magnolia
Apr 24, 2010, 09:25 AM
You CAN delete photos from the iPad, I have done this, tap to enlarge photo then tap upper right corner trash can, delete photo comes up, then tap delete photo, poof it goes away.

diabolic
Apr 24, 2010, 09:43 AM
You CAN delete photos from the iPad, I have done this, tap to enlarge photo then tap upper right corner trash can, delete photo comes up, then tap delete photo, poof it goes away.

If the pictures are in an album that you synced with iTunes, there is no trash can icon to delete them. If you saved the pictures using the iPad, you can delete them.

Even so, the OP is ridiculously overreacting about a tiny issue.

Zazoh
Apr 24, 2010, 09:51 AM
If the pictures are in an album that you synced with iTunes, there is no trash can icon to delete them. If you saved the pictures using the iPad, you can delete them.

Even so, the OP is ridiculously overreacting about a tiny issue.

Yup. Perhaps it is a trade off. In other words, you know how the images are 'optimized' before being transferred. Are they managed in a db, as one, and that management is for the purpose of speed and visual appeal?

Have we not learned anything with the power to tweak an OS. That when that power is given bugs, patches, slowness etc, is introduced to the OS. I'm not saying this is even true with the regards to delete an image, however, the iPad is a consumption device, mainly, and it is good at that. If the ability to add various features come in, I just want to make sure it doesn't impede my ability to be a blazingly fast consumption device.

steel magnolia
Apr 24, 2010, 09:53 AM
Thank you, I haven't tried deleting from a sync. I was deleting from web photos. :rolleyes:

themagicman00
Apr 24, 2010, 10:03 AM
This relates to the iphone, where you can take your pictures from itunes and download them to the phone, but can not erase any of them, conversely if you save some pictures from an email for example or take a pic with your camara, then you have the option there to eliminate or do whatever you want

dougb256
Apr 24, 2010, 10:19 AM

Right now the best way is to create a folder and put the pics you want in there. Maybe later there will be an update that will add the delete function.

People that have to blindly bitch and whine are amazing.

PCClone
Apr 24, 2010, 10:33 AM

HAHAHAHA!!!! we don't care!! Long live Apple fanboys, we will soon rule the world under the leadership of our Master Steve.

flynz4
Apr 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
This relates to the iphone, where you can take your pictures from itunes and download them to the phone, but can not erase any of them, conversely if you save some pictures from an email for example or take a pic with your camara, then you have the option there to eliminate or do whatever you want

This is correct.

I have seen a tremendous amount of people get confused over the way an iPod (and now an iPad) is supposed to work. They tend to think of the device as a place for "storage" of their data (pictures, music etc) instead of a "copy" of their data. Evidence of this is the fact that we see countless threads of people saying that they "moved stuff" to the iPod, then deleted it from their computer, and now need to get it back. This behavior indicates a complete misunderstanding of the architecture of these devices.

Anything you "sync" from your computer only makes a copy on the device. The original still lives on the computer. So for example... if you create an album on your computer, and sync it... it is the "album" that is synced... not the "individual pictures". Similarly... playlists and music collections work the same way. The quicker that people get their head around this... the quicker they get unconfused about the purpose of the device. Clearly the OP is quite confused.

It works differently (obviously) for anything that is authored on your device. So for example, with an iPhone, if you take a picture, or save a picture from an email... it goes into a folder that you can in fact edit. In this case, the "objects" are the individual pictures... not the "photo album".

To say another way... the OP is confused on the basic structure of his data. If you get a book from the library, don't be upset because you wanted everything except for page 37. You did not obtain a bunch of pages... you obtained "a book". If you want a selection of pages... then copy just those pages and then you can remove or edit them to your heart's content.

In the iPad, if you save a picture (ex: from an email)... it goes into a collection called "Saved Pictures". Those pictures can be individually removed.

/Jim

imapfsr
Apr 24, 2010, 11:06 AM
A

bjobes
Apr 24, 2010, 11:09 AM
No soup for you

karlwig
Apr 24, 2010, 11:14 AM
DJ, you suck. You use Nazi like it's a joke. I hope your iPad destroys all your pictures and you have no back-ups. You're a sad sad wanker. Go visit a WWII museum and get a freakin' clue you ignorant spoiled yuppie monster.

lol, is this forum filled with grumpy old people or what.

"remember the war" blablabla.

Sorry, I dont mean to defend anyone, but WTF. This is teh internets, people use nazi cards all the time. I dont see the problem, I just see some over-sensitive, pretentious crap.

For what its worth, I agree with OPs complains. Whether he then goes on calling Apple nazis or not for it, I couldnt care less. I think Apple can defend themselves.

mikethebigo
Apr 24, 2010, 11:18 AM
this forum is acting like a bunch of grumpy old people.

"remember the war" blablabla.

Try taking your iPad back to 1944, handing it to someone in the Allied Forces, and saying that you just CAN'T STAND that this touch-screen computer won't manually manage photos. See what sympathy you get ;)

otis123
Apr 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
So tell me, how many lawns does a 14yr old need to mow these days to afford an iPad?

karlwig
Apr 24, 2010, 11:28 AM
Try taking your iPad back to 1944, handing it to someone in the Allied Forces, and saying that you just CAN'T STAND that this touch-screen computer won't manually manage photos. See what sympathy you get ;)

Fair point.

benfilan
Apr 24, 2010, 11:45 AM
The only thing comparable to Nazis are Nazis.

kurt711
Apr 24, 2010, 11:50 AM
It is ironic that same people who are defending veracity of word Nazi would have used the same against MS in IE takeover days, laughed it up watching soup nazi on Seinfeld or even call POTUS a nazi if they watch Fox News.
Though I agree Apple has lately pushed their way or no way alot more, it would be nice if name calling stopped and sites like these would start petitions for change rather than defend archaic practices. If there were 1000 users signing online petition for this change and delivering to sjobs@apple.com, I'm sure Steve would at least read if not respond.
I have not used photos on iPad so mentioned issue has not bugged me but thing that does bug me is that I can download a podcast directly to iPad but cannot delete it. There can't be an explanation for that but i'm sure someone here would try to justify it.
Anyways, I would be just happy with wi-fi syncing if nothing else.

peestandingup
Apr 24, 2010, 11:57 AM
Could you ever delete music (or anything else) on any iPods from the device itself ever, in the history of iPods? No, you couldnt. So what made you think that you could do it now?? Apple wants you to sync to delete/add stuff because its easier & less cumbersome. No one wants to manually select individual media files to add or delete.

Someone didnt use their noggin'.