Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hikkadwa

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2005
wild west wales uk
Here's the problem. I have a web site with lots of my best photos and videos. It was made using iWeb 09. Unfortunately after a few beers last night I opened the iWeb application and deleted a load of the pages. I have not re-published therefore my web site still exists however obviously If I ever republish I will delete what's there. Any ideas on where I might find my deleted pages on my hard drive. I use time machine and have reinstalled iWeb application from yesterday but no pages attached.???

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
You don't "reinstall" iWeb to get your files back. You need to access the domain file, and get the older version of that from Time Machine.

~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2

If reacquiring this file from Time Machine doesn't work you're pretty much out of luck. There's no way to get published files back into iWeb.

Hikkadwa

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2005
wild west wales uk
Thank you

This worked and everything is as it was before I deleted it. I cannot tell you how pleased I am. Once again this proves the value of this forum (I had no idea where to look for this data) and for me the benefits of having time machine. Thank you so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.