PDA

View Full Version : Any comparison between Macally Metrolpad and Belkin Grip View?

BESLC
Apr 24, 2010, 11:45 AM
I am interested in either the Belkin Grip View or the Macally Metrolpad. Has anyone owned or had the opportunity to compare the two?

I have read reviews on Belkin(very positive),now hoping to hear on the Metrolpad.

The Macally only indicates a hard shell back, there is no info on material. Does anyone know if it is scratch resistant like the Belkin? Also, does anyone know if the buttons are clear on the Metrolpad?

Thanks in advance for your time.

psychonaut
Apr 24, 2010, 12:41 PM
I've got both and can do a video compare later this weekend. I prefer the cleaner look of the belkin. The macally has a black silicon trim and visible branding (says macally) on the back in black right below the apple logo.

I just looked at my macally again and a few more observations:

1. The silicon on the macally does not cover as much of the front of the iPad as the Belkin however the Belkin seems more sturdy due to it being TPU as opposed to silicon.

2. The back of the macally is frosted clear however when on the iPad you really do not notice it.

3. The back of the macally is less "grippy" than the Belkin because its a harder plastic than the belkin, the best way I can describe this is similar to patio furniture glass tables that are not really made out of glass but a hard plastic.... its kind of like that but a tad softer.

Again, I'll try to do a video shoot this weekend of the two. In the mean time if you look at my other posts I did a video compare of 4 different cases including the Belkin which might help you out.

BESLC
Apr 24, 2010, 12:54 PM
I've got both and can do a video compare later this weekend. I prefer the cleaner look of the belkin. The macally has a black silicon trim and visible branding (says macally) on the back in black right below the apple logo.

Thank you for your reply. I just watched your other video on the 4 cases, your Belkin Grip View feedback as well as your comments on the Macally, pushed me to order the Belkin Grip View.

I am curious, will the Ipad fit into the incase convertible with the Grip View on? I have the incase convertible as well, awaiting my Ipad 3G.

As for the video comparison, I think it would be helpful for those looking at Macally vs the Belkin.

Your reviews are much appreciated..thank you!

psychonaut
Apr 24, 2010, 12:59 PM
To answer your question, no way will the Belkin fit into the Incase Convertible Book Jacket. Also, check out my edited post up above for more details on the macally.

BESLC
Apr 24, 2010, 01:35 PM
I also have the Apple keyboard dock, do you know it the Belkin will allow for docking with the keyboard dock, or must the Ipad be naked for any dock to work?

Thanks for updating the Macally info as well.

psychonaut
Apr 24, 2010, 01:45 PM
I also have the Apple keyboard dock, do you know it the Belkin will allow for docking with the keyboard dock, or must the Ipad be naked for any dock to work?

Thanks for updating the Macally info as well.

Not sure on this as I do not have the dock but I would think not. Right now I think the only one that docks is the Incipio Feather.

Formul
Apr 26, 2010, 03:43 AM
I'm looking forward to that comparison video! I hope it's still comming:-)

roland.g
Apr 26, 2010, 11:46 AM
As of now the only dockable case is the Incipio Feather. I may get one of those. I have the Apple Case and actually quite like it but had considered getting the Macally Bookstand if I didn't. Not sure I will. The Apple Case is really nice. I also bought a Grip Vue based on those video reviews but have not opened it yet and may return it. $50 was steep for it and I have a BSE - bestskinsever - that I need to apply. Once I do, I may just rock the Apple Case or consider getting an Incipio Feather b/c of the dockability.