PDA

View Full Version : Booq has the best cases, but...

nStyle
Apr 24, 2010, 03:51 PM
I love Booq. Ever since I bought my Vyper from them for the MBP, I have just loved the quality and look. Their iPad cases and sleeves look amazing, except they won't ship until next month!

Is there any other sleeves that compare to the look/functionality of these cases?

http://www.booqbags.com/iPad-cases

I tried HardCandy, but their case is $49. It's hard, which is good... but still.

Any other ideas?

Beau10
Apr 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
They've been released, but it seems like they're currently out everywhere. I know that doesn't help much, but with some judicious searching something may show up. I currently have a turquoise boa skin that I'm going to return as I went with something else. It's nice though, if I wanted a sleeve I would definitely keep it.

stringbeanie
Apr 24, 2010, 08:18 PM
I have been waiting for the 3G ipad but purchased the Black Booq sleeve in anticipation. I haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I would be willing to sell it to you for what I paid plus shipping. I decided to go with the fossil leather envelope case instead.
I live in Southern California if it helps you calculate shipping.

jedolley
Apr 24, 2010, 08:41 PM
I really liked the look of their Taipan Shadow XS bag, but wasn't a fan of their color options. Black w/Orange, Gray w/Teal, or Purple w/White... I realize that most companies won't have the color options like Timbuk2, but these seemed really limited and not necessarily the best combinations IMO. I ended up going with Black/Steel combo from Tom Bihn. Not exciting, but a combo I could live with.

peterc1
Apr 24, 2010, 08:58 PM
I have been waiting for the 3G ipad but purchased the Black Booq sleeve in anticipation. I haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I would be willing to sell it to you for what I paid plus shipping. I decided to go with the fossil leather envelope case instead.
I live in Southern California if it helps you calculate shipping.

I am interested, please email me at ohitspetey@ymail.com thanks!

Merlosso
Apr 25, 2010, 07:44 AM
I like the Taipan Shadow XS bag but the padded compartment for the iPad looks massive. I wish they had a picture of it with the iPad sticking out to give a better idea of the size. Based on this review, it sounds like it could hold three iPads in there comfortably. I would rather the zippered compartment be thinner and leave room in the other compartment for books.

I eagerly await an iPad owner's review.

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/review/booq-taipan-shadow-xs-slim-laptop-messenger-bag/

pjgeer
Apr 27, 2010, 09:07 AM
Our booq rep told us that the taipan xs are not meant for the ipad but would work as it is slightly larger, the specific ipad model is the boa skin. Our booq rep has our order, but we have been told that we are in the second shipment, as the big box stores are getting the full first order here.

Pj