PDA

View Full Version : Syncing 2 itouch's on one computer ? How ???

phoneguy44
Apr 24, 2010, 04:07 PM
Can it be done ?
My daughter has had hers for 6 months now and when I got my sons a few weeks ago and tried to sync it up so we could get some music on it, it said that it would delete the library, thats when my daughter yelled NO !!! :eek:

So, I guess the library is all the music.....right ? How can I accomplish this without destroying what my daughter has and sync up my sons so we can get music on it as well ?

Thanks for the help in advance guys. -Dennis

P Mentior
Apr 24, 2010, 07:31 PM
I believe that the message was referring to the iPod's library meaning that if you were to sync it the iPod would first have to be erased first not the computer's library. I haven't run into this situation but I have had both an iPhone and iPod touch syncing with the same computer before and I would guess that it would handle it the same.

My suggestion would be to make a backup of your music library before you try anything so if something does go wrong you don't lose anything.

Penguissimo
Apr 24, 2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah, it won't touch the music on your computer. I've had an iPod Classic and an iPod Touch synced to the same computer, and it's handled it fine.

One tip: create separate playlists for each kid's music, and configure each iPod to sync only those playlists (instead of the whole library). That way your kids can drag music in and out of those playlists and customiser their own iPods.