PDA

View Full Version : Sgp Doa

Bigrahizzle
Apr 24, 2010, 05:33 PM
Just got some SGP products and they were damaged when i opened the box. The darn thing was shipped in a bag! I ordered the Steinheil AF screen Protector and the Protective Skin (White Leather) and both of them were slightly bent and dented. THe Steinheil box was dented in and i knew something was damaged inside.

I just sent SGP an email lets see what they say. I paid around $50 so expected better from them. I mean they charged me $10 for S&H, come on!

fishmd
Apr 24, 2010, 07:09 PM
Just got one as well sent from handhelditems.com. Same exact thing. Box was dented in and the film has a crease in it! I was pretty upset. Now my brand new Steinheil screen has a crease that is very visible when put on mu iPad. Let us know what if anything SGP does for you.

Prolanman
Apr 24, 2010, 07:15 PM
My experience with SGP has been good. I'm sure they'll make good on the damaged items.

Bigrahizzle
Apr 24, 2010, 07:24 PM
DAMN! Yea ill let u guys know whats up. Most likely they will get back to me on monday since tomorrow they might be off.

But yea i bought the Antiglare for my iphone and it was great but it came in a cardboard envelope so it wasn't prone to damage

kloan
Apr 24, 2010, 08:24 PM
Just got one as well sent from handhelditems.com. Same exact thing. Box was dented in and the film has a crease in it! I was pretty upset. Now my brand new Steinheil screen has a crease that is very visible when put on mu iPad. Let us know what if anything SGP does for you.

Why would you use it if it's damaged?

Bigrahizzle
Apr 24, 2010, 09:23 PM

yea i have no reason to use it since i dont have my 3G yet. I wouldn't use if it was damaged anyways.

fishmd
Apr 24, 2010, 10:37 PM

I figured it couldn't hurt to try to put it on. I have had little creases in my power support ones for my iPhone that eventually sort of just came out on there own after being on the iphone for a little while. Thought it was worth a try. Besides if I return it, it is not like they can resell it anyways. It is just a film that will get tossed in the trash. :cool:

kloan
Apr 24, 2010, 10:38 PM
I figured it couldn't hurt to try to put it on. I have had little creases in my power support ones for my iPhone that eventually sort of just came out on there own after being on the iphone for a little while. Thought it was worth a try. Besides if I return it, it is not like they can resell it anyways. It is just a film that will get tossed in the trash. :cool:

True, long as they don't blame you for the crease since you removed it from it's packaging and actually applied it.

Bigrahizzle
Apr 25, 2010, 02:13 AM
True, long as they don't blame you for the crease since you removed it from it's packaging and actually applied it.

yea thats why i didnt mess with it, hell i dont even have the Ipad yet.

fishmd
Apr 25, 2010, 11:33 AM
So, even though I had a crease in it, I went ahead and put it on last night. As I mentioned above, I have had creases before in these with my iPhone, and they came out on there own after being on the phone for a while.

So now after being on my ipad for about 10 hours, all the bubbles near the crease have come out on there own and the crease is almost totally gone. Only slightly visible in one area when looking at a certain angle. I am hoping that with a little more time, it will totally disappear.

Basically I think these things are pretty resilient. Unless the shield was like, folded in half, it will most likely be salvageable. :)

Edit: well I ran my fingernail over the area where the crease is, bubbles came back. Oh well, I don't know. Will see what handhelditems says.

Bigrahizzle
Apr 25, 2010, 07:27 PM
So, even though I had a crease in it, I went ahead and put it on last night. As I mentioned above, I have had creases before in these with my iPhone, and they came out on there own after being on the phone for a while.

So now after being on my ipad for about 10 hours, all the bubbles near the crease have come out on there own and the crease is almost totally gone. Only slightly visible in one area when looking at a certain angle. I am hoping that with a little more time, it will totally disappear.

Basically I think these things are pretty resilient. Unless the shield was like, folded in half, it will most likely be salvageable. :)

Edit: well I ran my fingernail over the area where the crease is, bubbles came back. Oh well, I don't know. Will see what handhelditems says.

damn, i have on crease and 2 dents in it. THats why i was like WTF and emailed SGP about it. Hopefully they reply tomorrow and have the replacement to me by friday

Bigrahizzle
Apr 26, 2010, 05:50 PM
Just got an email from SGP and they wanted pic so i sent them off and they are sending me new products. So i think i should have it by Friday or earlier just in time for the Ipad to arrive.