PDA

View Full Version : Ipad with anti glare flim readable outside?

majinoo
Apr 24, 2010, 07:59 PM
Hi ,
Il probably buy an Ipad soon but the glare issue -especially outside- is bothering me since this summer , i will be spending one month in the Caribbean outside most of the time.
The ebook reader aspect of the Ipad is really appealing to me given that I wont have a lot of space to carry a lot of books with me.(Of course , I wont buy the Ipad only for the ebooks :rolleyes: )
Do you think that with an Anti Glare film ( SGP , Power Support ,etc) I would be able to read books on my Ipad outside in full sunlight ?

sandydlc
Apr 24, 2010, 08:44 PM
I'm in Miami beach right now and I had the opportunity to test the iPad next to my Kindle. To be honest, it's no contest. The kindle is by far superior in bright sunlight. The iPad is nearly unreadable unless the brightness is turned on to the highest setting.

I love my iPad but for bright sunlight and reading - get a Kindle!!!

Sandy

jedolley
Apr 24, 2010, 08:52 PM
I'm in Miami beach right now and I had the opportunity to test the iPad next to my Kindle. To be honest, it's no contest. The kindle is by far superior in bright sunlight. The iPad is nearly unreadable unless the brightness is turned on to the highest setting.

I love my iPad but for bright sunlight and reading - get a Kindle!!!

Sandy

I don't doubt that the Kindle is superior to the iPad in sunlight (I used to own one). However, do you have an anti-glare film on your iPad and if so, which one?

MyJelleo
Apr 25, 2010, 09:46 PM
I have the Power Support Anti Glare screen protector on my iPhone and I have no trouble reading in direct sunlight on it. I'm going to assume you should get the same results on an iPad. I hope that helps.