PDA

View Full Version : Heads up, don't buy this case if you hate fake leather

kloan
Apr 24, 2010, 09:25 PM
This one here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320517599718&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Seller is a flat out liar. Described as leather when in fact it's nothing more than cheap (very cheap) fake leather with even cheaper microfiber on the inside (seriously, very, very cheap quality).

I sent it back the same day I received it. The seller had the nerve to insist it's real leather, even after I called him on it.

So if you're like me and don't like being lied to and sold fake leather, do not buy this case.

cmaier
Apr 24, 2010, 09:28 PM
This one here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320517599718&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Seller is a flat out liar. Describes it as 'executive leather' when in fact it's nothing more than cheap (very cheap) fake leather with even cheaper microfiber on the inside (seriously, very, very cheap quality).

I sent it back the same day I received it. The seller had the nerve to insist it's real leather, even after I called him on it.

So if you're like me and don't like being lied to and sold fake leather, do not buy this case.

It's actually leather made of actual executives.

kloan
Apr 24, 2010, 09:36 PM
It's actually leather made of actual executives.

lol, no wonder it felt so fake! :D

xraydoc
Apr 24, 2010, 10:20 PM
Executive leather? Is that like Corinthian leather?

kloan
Apr 24, 2010, 10:30 PM
ok ok.... it wasn't the 'executive' part that made me think one way or the other.... just 'leather'. does that help clear things up?? :p

azboricua
Apr 24, 2010, 10:31 PM
Thats a "simplism" case knockoff.

kloan
Apr 24, 2010, 10:34 PM
aka 'CrazyOnDigital'

Dillenger
Apr 24, 2010, 10:39 PM
At least the cheapo case I bought from a guy in Hong Kong for $8.99 plus a whopping $2.99 shipping ;) the seller listed it as "genuine imitation leather" so apparently there is fake imitation leather out there, so I knew what I was getting. After 18 days I finally got the case, and to my surprise the case isn't really that bad. It will do until I find the case I really want to use.