PDA

View Full Version : iPad Compatibility with EyeFi Card

appleseed76
Apr 24, 2010, 10:55 PM
I just heard about the Camera Connection Kit being released and I was wondering if this device could work in its place. It's called an EyeFi card and it allows you to wirelessly download photos onto your computer via your router.

If this doesn't work with the iPad, perhaps EyeFi could make an app that would allow it to work. One other option would be to have the photos sent directly to a social networking site. I'm not sure if this could happen without a computer though. There's obviously some set up involved.

Damn you Apple. Why don't you allow for wireless downloads. Or do you? Perhaps having a .mac account would allow me to acquire the photos as well.

Any thoughts about this?

UnseenLlama
Apr 25, 2010, 12:38 AM
I just heard about the Camera Connection Kit being released and I was wondering if this device could work in its place. It's called an EyeFi card and it allows you to wirelessly download photos onto your computer via your router.

If this doesn't work with the iPad, perhaps EyeFi could make an app that would allow it to work. One other option would be to have the photos sent directly to a social networking site. I'm not sure if this could happen without a computer though. There's obviously some set up involved.

Damn you Apple. Why don't you allow for wireless downloads. Or do you? Perhaps having a .mac account would allow me to acquire the photos as well.

Any thoughts about this?

Not quite understanding what you want the Eye-Fi card to do. Typically it's used in things that can take pictures. Without a camera on the iPad, what would be the purpose?

.Andy
Apr 25, 2010, 12:43 AM
Not quite understanding what you want the Eye-Fi card to do. Typically it's used in things that can take pictures. Without a camera on the iPad, what would be the purpose?
The idea is that the eyefi card would wirelessly sync photos from appleseed76's camera to appleseed76's iPad instead of using the camera connector and cable.

UnseenLlama
Apr 25, 2010, 07:58 AM
The idea is that the eyefi card would wirelessly sync photos from appleseed76's camera to appleseed76's iPad instead of using the camera connector and cable.

That would be interesting. Eye-fi already has an app that lets you upload from an iPhone. With multitasking on tap for the fall, don't see why they couldn't write an app to do this.