Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anticmos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Im using 2 mac G5 OS 10.4 and iMac 10.5, G5 is connected to our LAN which has internet connection and corporate networking.

Two macs are working via wire networking and iMac connected to G5 using shared internet connection.

The situation is XP, OS 10.5 and OS 10.4 needs to be connected and accessible all the time... my problem is connection via 'Map' in XP is not working. Yes I can access the G5 but I need to connect to iMac (which is connected to Ethernet 2).

Any suggestion????

Thanks,

aly

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2006
Scotland
I may be misreading you post but I take it they are all on the same LAN through a switch or similar?

Can you connect to the iMac from the other macs? If so then you may just need to enable windows file sharing. I think in Leopard this is a case of authorising an account to allow it to connect for file sharing from a windows computer. It is either under sharing or user accounts.

Sorry for being vague, but I'm not at my computer at the moment so can't check.

Aly

EDIT: Doh misread, I think this is an issue of the imac connecting through the G5?

anticmos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Here is the connection. I want this XP Desktop to be connected to iMac...

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.