PDA

View Full Version : Wireless DSL Router recommendations?

smoked
Apr 25, 2010, 12:13 PM
I think my Netgear router+modem is cooking itself. Any recommendations for a better router? We have DSL, and need to stream wirelessly from the mini to the :apple:tv. Also have an XBox and iPad used to stream Netflix. So we have several devices at once trying to stream content to them, and the Netgear just can't seem to keep up. Thanks!

tigres
Apr 25, 2010, 12:16 PM
I think my Netgear router+modem is cooking itself. Any recommendations for a better router? We have DSL, and need to stream wirelessly from the mini to the :apple:tv. Also have an XBox and iPad used to stream Netflix. So we have several devices at once trying to stream content to them, and the Netgear just can't seem to keep up. Thanks!

Get an Airport Extreme dual band.

Perfect device IMO

hardkoreprawn
Apr 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
Netgear DGND3300 - has dual band N and G, so you can have N devices at N speeds and G devices won't pull the speed down. Has an ADSL modem built in too.

Only thing I don't like about it is the flashy blue lights.

smoked
Apr 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks, I'll probably get the dual-band Netgear.

I did move the old Netgear over to the TV so I could plug the AppleTV directly in and that helped. Transfer speed from the mini went up to 2mb/s. But it still flakes out occasionally... it has been over a year so I do think it is just getting worn out.

Now just have to wire the rest up!