Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamvincent

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
I used to program in C, but lately wanna learn C++. Can anyone please lemme if I choose stdC++ library in XCode, is it compatible with C, I mean, can I still code using C's commands alone using C++? THX

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
I used to program in C, but lately wanna learn C++. Can anyone please lemme if I choose stdC++ library in XCode, is it compatible with C, I mean, can I still code using C's commands alone using C++? THX

It would really, really help if you tried to formulate your questions in complete sentences in correct English. I have a rough idea what you are intending to ask, but I'd rather know for sure.

In your case, you should assume that C and C++ are not compatible. Mixing C and C++ (and adding a sprinkling of Objective-C and Objective-C++) will (only) work just fine if you are careful and know what you are doing.

iamvincent

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
Thank you and sorry for the language used in the original post, i didn't quite feel myself today... I took a look at my original post and didn't understand it either..... but you got it right!

It would really, really help if you tried to formulate your questions in complete sentences in correct English. I have a rough idea what you are intending to ask, but I'd rather know for sure.

In your case, you should assume that C and C++ are not compatible. Mixing C and C++ (and adding a sprinkling of Objective-C and Objective-C++) will (only) work just fine if you are careful and know what you are doing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.