PDA

View Full Version : Compiled MBA email to SJ

Mhkobe
Apr 25, 2010, 09:04 PM
In another post Scottsdale had suggested that we send an email to Steve jobs from people wanting a new MBA, and hope for a reply of "not to worry." So, what do you want to say to the all mighty jobs?

Synchromesh
Apr 25, 2010, 09:45 PM
In another post Scottsdale had suggested that we send an email to Steve jobs from people wanting a new MBA, and hope for a reply of "not to worry." So, what do you want to say to the all mighty jobs?

Heh, I would say "please Mr Jobs, don't release the new MBA for a long time so the value of my current one doesn't go into the toilet overnight". :)

iDisk
Apr 25, 2010, 10:35 PM
Apple is in the process of setting the Air apart with new innovations and capabilities from the competitors.

Expect Apple to take the Mac towards the next level.

Kingcodez
Apr 26, 2010, 09:14 AM
Give us yer Airzzz

Mactagonist
Apr 26, 2010, 09:24 AM

Whatever you say, keep it short and to the point. 2-3 sentences max, with only one specific question (if any).

That will increase the chance of actually getting a meaningful response.

grapemac
Apr 26, 2010, 10:05 AM
I just want to know if Apple still has the excitement and enthusiasm for the MBA that there was to begin with. If the answer is "Yes" then updates will come. They may not be what people hope for, but eventually (a few revisions down the line) they will be.

It's understandable that the MBA is revised less frequently than the other notebooks with the size having implications upon components and temperature but it's a computer that really excites me, partly because the limitations on revisions may mean smaller updates but greater price reductions (as has been witnessed so far).

Scottsdale
Apr 26, 2010, 08:48 PM
I say it needs to be really short and sweet. Somehow making a funny jab at the original terse reply of "Not to worry" to the MBP requester, would probably work. Something like this, but this could be improved on...

Dear Mr. Jobs,

When you recently replied "Not to worry" to the person wanting an MBP update you made me feel really happy. Us MacBook Air fans remembered that in the past every time the MBP was updated so was the MBA. Well with this update "Not to worry" didn't apply to the MBA... is it "Not to worry" or "To worry" for someone like me who is waiting for a new MBA? Also, is it "Not to worry" if I NEED 4 GB of RAM in that MBA or should I just buy an MBP?

GoCubsGo
Apr 26, 2010, 08:56 PM
I say it needs to be really short and sweet. Somehow making a funny jab at the original terse reply of "Not to worry" to the MBP requester, would probably work. Something like this, but this could be improved on...

Dear Mr. Jobs,

When you recently replied "Not to worry" to the person wanting an MBP update you made me feel really happy. Us MacBook Air fans remembered that in the past every time the MBP was updated so was the MBA. Well with this update "Not to worry" didn't apply to the MBA... is it "Not to worry" or "To worry" for someone like me who is waiting for a new MBA? Also, is it "Not to worry" if I NEED 4 GB of RAM in that MBA or should I just buy an MBP?

For your next trick edit for grammar. :D

But seriously, if there is anything I've learned in business that is to not point the finger at something else when trying to make the point. In other words (for the sake of being redundant), if you're going to ask for an update have an actual original point rather than pointing your finger and whining that you're unsure if you were told not to worry or to worry about a MBAir update but some random condescending question, "should I just buy a MBP?" My reply would be a resounding yes and I'd tell you to buy an iPad for travel entertainment.

Scottsdale
Apr 26, 2010, 09:16 PM
For your next trick edit for grammar. :D

But seriously, if there is anything I've learned in business that is to not point the finger at something else when trying to make the point. In other words (for the sake of being redundant), if you're going to ask for an update have an actual original point rather than pointing your finger and whining that you're unsure if you were told not to worry or to worry about a MBAir update but some random condescending question, "should I just buy a MBP?" My reply would be a resounding yes and I'd tell you to buy an iPad for travel entertainment.

Well the point was "Not to worry" was Steve's FULL REPLY to the poster who sent an email expressing concern for no update to the MBPs and that he had told friends that the MBP would be updated. Not to worry and to worry seem like potential assumptions to the MBA given "Not to worry" was Steve's full reply.

Ok, my point with the "Should I just buy an MBP" was to try to get further information as to whether if I am "Not to worry"-ing should I "to worry" or Not to worry if I NEED that MBA update to have 4 GB RAM.

Yes, I agree that it is best to just be funny and quick while not being an ASS.

If I wanted to be a real ASS, I would have said I am going to buy a Sony Vaio Z that is more powerful than Apple's ***** MB "PRO" and weighs as little as MBA that Apple cannot be bothered to upgrade to at least 4 ***** GB of RAM!

As I said before, this was a base possible idea and not what the full email should look like but we could start with something like this and improve from here.

So to make this work best, rather than just criticizing my message, please offer your own message with completely different verbiage or improving upon my verbiage.

thanks.

Oh, yes. And thanks to the OP who made this thread. I would love to know how to get a reply, and I think the right quick message might just get a reply from Sir Steve.

We also need someone with an email address that is at a real company to send this letter too. For example, if your email address is @intel.com I would think Steve's more likely to read it than @yahoo.com. You get the point... anyone want to apply for the job if the OP doesn't want the responsibility?

I believe this needs to be one email sent from one fan who is dying for a new MBA from Apple and not willing to buy anything else. We cannot say it's a bunch of fans from a rumor site, and jessica is right if we're disingenuous or condescending or even make fun of Steve's reply he's not going to reply.

Perhaps using "Not to worry" is not the right place to start? Anyone else have any better ideas? A real example of what we might really say to get a reply?

Perhaps we ask Sir Steve about buying an iPad, and ask when it will have 4 GB of RAM... JOKING!

PsyD4Me
Apr 26, 2010, 10:15 PM
Apple is in the process of setting the Air apart with new innovations and capabilities from the competitors.

i don't believe that statement solely because the new MBPs were never taken to the next level

Mhkobe
Apr 26, 2010, 10:29 PM
I really liked that template email scottsdale posted, and I believe it is an excellent starting point; however, I do not believe we should poke fun at sir Jobs' "not to worry," or "stay tuned." He is a very busy man, and a short answer like that is all that we should really expect. I think that the first thing we need to figure out is what we want as an answer from him. Whether it be the simple assurance that there will in fact be another MBA, or something more specific like battery life, weight, power etc. The second thing we need to do is write something that will hook him in order to prevent him from simply hitting delete.

I am pretty good at writing hooks, so my main question is just what exactly you guys want to know from him.

-Also, my only @non-gmail.com address seems to show up in everybody's junk mail, so if we want to take that route; I would consider it a wise choice to not send it by my email.

-Also2, Scottsdale: You should use "an" only before words beginning with a vowel, use "a" otherwise. (e.g. A Macbook Air. As opposed to: An Macbook Air. -not a big deal, just felt worthwhile to point it out.)

halledise
Apr 26, 2010, 11:20 PM
hi Steve

when will we see a new Air? ;)

codehead
Apr 27, 2010, 12:01 AM
Dear Mr. Jobs:

I'm concerned with the lack of an update for the Air considering the recent one to the Macbook Pros. With the launch of the iPad many are predicting the demise of the Air. I hope not. I love the Air and think there is no other laptop out there in it's league. Is there hope for an update to the Air? Soon?

Sincerely,

Scottsdale
Apr 27, 2010, 01:38 AM
I really liked that template email scottsdale posted, and I believe it is an excellent starting point; however, I do not believe we should poke fun at sir Jobs' "not to worry," or "stay tuned." He is a very busy man, and a short answer like that is all that we should really expect. I think that the first thing we need to figure out is what we want as an answer from him. Whether it be the simple assurance that there will in fact be another MBA, or something more specific like battery life, weight, power etc. The second thing we need to do is write something that will hook him in order to prevent him from simply hitting delete.

I am pretty good at writing hooks, so my main question is just what exactly you guys want to know from him.

-Also, my only @non-gmail.com address seems to show up in everybody's junk mail, so if we want to take that route; I would consider it a wise choice to not send it by my email.

-Also2, Scottsdale: You should use "an" only before words beginning with a vowel, use "a" otherwise. (e.g. A Macbook Air. As opposed to: An Macbook Air. -not a big deal, just felt worthwhile to point it out.)

What is with criticizing people all over these forums? The level of personal attacks on these forums is frustrating. One cannot express his or her ideas without getting personally criticized. I am not trying to write a book or professional article here. I am trying to share ideas and enjoy myself while debating others. In addition, I don't even believe you're correct in this instance.

I use "A/AN" properly more often than most here. One thing that I believe you are missing is the sound not whether the word it precedes starts with a vowel or consonant.

If I say, an MBA, it's correct assuming the user is in their mind thinking MBA (em-bee-A) and not "MacBook Air." When I type MBA and not MacBook Air, I always use "AN." When I type out MacBook Air, I always use "A" preceding it. When I think of an MBA I am thinking em-bee-A/MBA and not MacBook Air.

I was taught to ALWAYS use "AN" preceding a vowel sound and always use "A" preceding a consonant sound. Note, I am not always using An before a vowel and A before a consonant but using the sound to determine which is proper for the situation. For example, united starts with a vowel but the sound is YOU-Nited which starts with the consonant Y.

I am a firm believer that the critical decision as to whether "A or AN" should be used is the SOUND of the start of the first syllable of the word and NOT the first letter of the word. I believe people are wrong when they use the first letter to determine whether to precede a word with an "A or AN." However, I wouldn't criticize someone for using a different method to determine whether they want to use A or AN. Many do use just the vowel or consonant to determine usage, and while I believe that OFTEN leads many down the wrong path, I am not going to criticize them for using it as their personal rule for A or AN.

Therefore, here is how I normally write...

I earned an M.B.A. from Arizona State University. I earned a Master of Business Administration from A.S.U. How is that incorrect? Notice the "M" is first in M.B.A, but the sound is "em" for M. Are you saying that it is proper to write, I earned "a M.B.A." from Arizona State University?

The same applies with the MacBook Air. I want an MBA. I want a MacBook Air. I am thinking MBA (em-bee-A), not MacBook Air, when I write MBA short for MacBook Air.

I would love to buy an MBP if it weighed three pounds. I would love to buy a MacBook Pro. Sometimes I error on this one, as sometimes I am thinking "MacBook Pro" when I write or read MBP. But I have caught myself lately and been consistent with an MBP.

I am an Apple, Inc. shareholder. I am a shareholder of Apple, Inc stock.

There are many examples that can be used here. I know most use the first letter and if vowel they use An and if consonant they use A. I disagree with that, but for most its a good start. With the MBA, it can be argued that it means MacBook Air so perhaps An MBA would be incorrect if the person reads it as MacBook Air and not MBA. However, I use two of my MBAs to illustrate the correct use of AN MBA with the MacBook Air. If an M.B.A. is correct assuming a Master of of Business Administration, and I believe it is, then an MBA is acceptable for the MacBook Air.

Strunk and White wrote The Elements of Style. I usually use that as my base understanding of writing well. One can go read that or check just about any source on the Internet and read that the common usage rules are based NOT on the first letter of the word "A or An" precedes but rather the sound of the first part of any word "A or An" precedes.

I am often incorrect, but I try to be correct whenever possible. I am here to have fun and share my opinions and ideas, so it disappoints me when people have to ruin the fun and criticize other people. We can criticize ideas without personally attacking each other. Cannot we debate ideas and just have fun?

Duncanreally
Apr 27, 2010, 02:31 AM
"The Elements of Style", by Strunk and White, is the most useful guide to English usage. It covers all the basics, yet it's short and readable and funny. It's also in the public domain. It's a very good idea to read it before attempting to correct someone else's grammar, otherwise you can look like a fool if you are wrong. William Garner, in Modern American Usage, calls the tendency to correct correct grammar "hyper-correction".

Scottsdale is correct. But I can see how the misunderstanding arose. We don't hear people saying "MBA", we only read it in MacRumors, so we don't know whether the abbreviation is spoken as "an em-bee-eh" or "a mu-ba" or indeed simply "a MacBook Air".

I've got a 3+ year old 15" MBP with a 30" ACD, and I've been patiently waiting for the MBA update since December. I also have 2 academic research email addresses, which always get through spam filters. One is @ucl.ac.uk and the other is @evolbio.mpg.de. I can use one of these to send the message if you like.

Duncan (another grammar pedant!)

halledise
Apr 27, 2010, 03:30 AM
Dear Mr. Jobs:
Sincerely,

you're ****ing kidding me aren't you? :rolleyes:

just ask him without grovelling; he's just a man after all, not a god

WoodNUFC
Apr 27, 2010, 04:53 AM
I also have 2 academic research email addresses, which always get through spam filters. One is @ucl.ac.uk and the other is @evolbio.mpg.de. I can use one of these to send the message if you like.

Duncan (another grammar pedant!)

UCL is a fine university. I'll be applying there for my PhD. I love the campus and its location in London.

As for the letter, I vote for something pithy. Like this:
"Dear Mr Jobs,
I think Apple has hit the nail on the head with the Macbook Air, and want to continue using such a marvelous machine. Will we see an update in the foreseeable future?
Thanks for your time,
So-and-so"

iDisk
Apr 27, 2010, 04:53 AM
i don't believe that statement solely because the new MBPs were never taken to the next level

Core 2Duo < Core i5-i7.
9400m & 9600GT < Standard 330GT Across the board, which = 80% More Graphics performance.
Standard 8hrs battery Life < Standard 8-9hrs battery life.
Option SSD's 128 & 256 < Option SSD's 128 & 256 & 512.
Higher Res Screen (Glossy/Antiglare)
8x SuperDrive

Next Level = Next Level from previous generation.

Apple has NO viable competitor for the their notebook lineup. If you say "Dell" "Sony", just save it, cause they wouldn't have those poorly made notebooks with so so specs without looking on Apple's Website and copying.

The AIR is a mobile device. Apple is a mobile devices company, so the Air is staying place.

Duncanreally
Apr 27, 2010, 05:24 AM
Steve, the Macbook Air is a beautiful design, but to be practical it needs more than 2GB RAM and 128GB storage. When can we expect an update? Duncan

How's that?

Veinticinco
Apr 27, 2010, 06:29 AM
Dear Steve,

Re. my once-flagship MacBook Air.

Is the lack of a major spec and/or design update in the past year simply due to current hardware obstacles, or symptomatic of a more permanent policy shift away from the ultraportable sector?

Should I start to make room on my 'classic' shelf alongside my G4 Cube, scale model of a 300SL Gullwing and signed photo of Sophia Loren?

Regards, etc.

GoCubsGo
Apr 27, 2010, 06:41 AM
I believe this needs to be one email sent from one fan who is dying for a new MBA from Apple and not willing to buy anything else. We cannot say it's a bunch of fans from a rumor site, and jessica is right if we're disingenuous or condescending or even make fun of Steve's reply he's not going to reply.

Perhaps using "Not to worry" is not the right place to start? Anyone else have any better ideas? A real example of what we might really say to get a reply?

Perhaps we ask Sir Steve about buying an iPad, and ask when it will have 4 GB of RAM... JOKING!

That's my point. Look, it's business. Do I really believe this will help get an MB Air update any sooner? No. I loved and I do mean loved my Air and I would likely buy another if it gets a major overhaul. However, I deal with people who wave their paper hammers all day long. I've been very successful in arguing with these folks who really have nothing on the company I work for. Threatening to buy something else or telling the boss that you'd like further clarification of some random e-mail sent out about a MacBook Pro update probably won't do it.

I think you know that though, I can appreciate the humor behind the initial letters but I do think you know if you're going to do it then do it right.

Duncanreally
Apr 27, 2010, 06:49 AM
Dear Steve,

The Macbook Air is an amazing design, but its current specs mean it is no longer a viable computer. Is there some technical problem that is delaying its update, or has Apple simply abandoned the ultra-portable sector, damning the Macbook Air to be a museum icon like the G4 cube?

Please tell me "not to worry"!

Duncan

So when is the best time of day to send it?

Veinticinco
Apr 27, 2010, 06:57 AM
Dear Steve,

The Macbook Air is an amazing design, but its current specs mean it is no longer a viable computer. Is there some technical problem that is delaying its update, or has Apple simply abandoned the ultra-portable sector, damning the Macbook Air to be a museum icon like the G4 cube?

Please tell me "not to worry"!

Duncan

So when is the best time of day to send it?

Nice job on plagiarising my above suggestion ;)

"No longer a viable computer" is not a statement I'd make to Jobs or even to a friend asking for advice. Why? Because it's not true.

I'd also leave out such strong language such as "abandoned" and "damning".

Not that any of this crap really matters. Don't see "an MBA update" threatening the inclusion of death and taxes on that list anytime soon.

Duncanreally
Apr 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
Nice job on plagiarising my above suggestion ;)

I wasn't plagiarising, I was trying to incorporate all compatible suggestions!

pruhawk
Apr 27, 2010, 08:30 AM
I suggest begging as nothing else seems to work, maybe as follows:

Oh Great One,

Thy MacBook Air, the portable computer of choice of all who know it well, approaches its end of life (cycle). In order to beat back the hords of lightweight pretenders using limited OS, are there any plans to return the MBA to its glory or at least to arm it for battle?

Your humble customer,

Scottsdale
Apr 27, 2010, 08:31 AM

God, Valenticio really is accusatory lately. Seen it in two threads today.

BTW, you handled it better than I would have!

Veinticinco
Apr 27, 2010, 08:37 AM
Well you certainly incorporated my suggestion in both structure and content, and then didn't add anything extra. No big deal, I'm flattered :p

How about re-entitling one, "Dear Apple PR Lackey Who Gets Paid to Pretend They Are Steve Jobs Replying To Random Emails From Mere Mortals...."

No?

Veinticinco
Apr 27, 2010, 08:42 AM
God, Valenticio really is accusatory lately. Seen it in two threads today.

BTW, you handled it better than I would have!
Who is this Valenticio fellow then? ;)

Accusatory? Me? Why you verbose, puffed-up, MBA-obsessed.....oops, sorry must be my time of the month.

bigjnyc
Apr 27, 2010, 08:50 AM
Steve's Reply: We are not making enough money on the Air, there aren't enough of you yuppies buying it, but rather than admit defeat and the introduction of a failed product we will continue to milk the current model and phase it out slowly by not updating it, now go out and buy the iPad its quite magical. :cool:

Veinticinco
Apr 27, 2010, 09:15 AM
Steve's Reply: We are not making enough money on the Air, there aren't enough of you yuppies buying it, but rather than admit defeat and the introduction of a failed product we will continue to milk the current model and phase it out slowly by not updating it, now go out and buy the iPad its quite magical. :cool:

Probably not far from the truth. Except in the good old days, Apple were never afraid to admit defeat as the press release confirming they were "suspending production indefinitely" of the G4 Cube one year after its fanfare release to a speechless-in-wonder audience highlighted.

petestein1
Apr 27, 2010, 09:55 AM
Um, instead of debating the exact wording of the email to death, why don't we ALL just email whatever we think is best? Undoubtedly if Steve is inclined to answer, one of us will strike upon the right language to elicit an answer, no?

Duncanreally
Apr 27, 2010, 10:03 AM
Um, instead of debating the exact wording of the email to death, why don't we ALL just email whatever we think is best? Undoubtedly if Steve is inclined to answer, one of us will strike upon the right language to elicit an answer, no?

OK! So what's his email address? I don't seem to have it in my Address Book.

Duncan

Scottsdale
Apr 27, 2010, 10:33 AM

No, I urge you all not to email SJ. We are much more likely to get a reply from his highness by one well thought up email sent by the "right" email address.

I have a .edu email address, but I suppose a corporate account, and a supplier to Apple, would be best.

How about we give Steve a complement on the iPad, and then hit him up with a question about the MBA?

Everyone says Steve thinks he will change the world with his iPad, so let's use it to our advantage.

Any other ideas?

Mhkobe
Apr 27, 2010, 11:35 AM
If I say, an MBA, it's correct assuming the user is in their mind thinking MBA (em-bee-A) and not "MacBook Air." When I type MBA and not MacBook Air, I always use "AN." When I type out MacBook Air, I always use "A" preceding it. When I think of an MBA I am thinking em-bee-A/MBA and not MacBook Air.

I was taught to ALWAYS use "AN" preceding a vowel sound and always use "A" preceding a consonant sound. Note, I am not always using “An” before a vowel and “A” before a consonant but using the sound to determine which is proper for the situation. For example, united starts with a vowel but the sound is YOU-Nited which starts with the consonant Y.

Sorry, I did not mean this as a personal attack, and am very sorry if it came out that way, and I now see that you are in fact correct if you read it out as M B A, it was my mistake as I always think of it as macbook air. I really hope you are not offended by this misunderstanding on my part. Also please know that I do not support personal attacks, and only meant to be constructive. I now acknowledge that my biggest mistake was that I did not first check to ensure that I was right, forcing me to waste your time giving me a lesson.

Edit:
High points:
Complement him on iPad
Hook him with first few words
Use @non(gmail etc.) email
Send one short email written by all of us
Specific question

Wants:
Larger SSD
More RAM
(anything else)

animatedude
Apr 27, 2010, 12:02 PM
i'm sure this will get one of those "are you nuts"? replies lol

Veinticinco
Apr 27, 2010, 12:19 PM
No, I urge you all not to email SJ. We are much more likely to get a reply from his highness by one well thought up email sent by the "right" email address.

I have a .edu email address, but I suppose a corporate account, and a supplier to Apple, would be best.
Actually I disagree. Like with most things of this nature, it is the frequency of the enquiry that will eventually elicit a response. Shows there is a groundswell of opinion out there, which equates to something tangible in commercial terms. So the more the merrier. Patterns are noted, and at some point we may get an response, vague or not.

As for the sender address, I don't think it matters one bit mac.com, .gov or vatican.va, as long as the tone doesn't scream fanboy, pub bore or anything similar. Lots of polite simple queries are all that's required IMO.

tigres
Apr 27, 2010, 12:33 PM
Actually I disagree. Like with most things of this nature, it is the frequency of the enquiry that will eventually elicit a response. Shows there is a groundswell of opinion out there, which equates to something tangible in commercial terms. So the more the merrier. Patterns are noted, and at some point we may get an response, vague or not.

As for the sender address, I don't think it matters one bit mac.com, .gov or vatican.va, as long as the tone doesn't scream fanboy, pub bore or anything similar. Lots of polite simple queries are all that's required IMO.

I agree with this.

Now, why don't you all send it along before WWDC comes and goes :D

Steven in VA
Apr 27, 2010, 03:08 PM
Could y'all just hurry up and put one together so the rest of us can sign it?
Thanks a lot.
I sold my Rev A even though I loved it, just so sure the new one was on the way . . .

thesprawl
Apr 27, 2010, 03:45 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

A diffeent take: for the 2011 'big revision', I need: Option of any provider's cell modem. Substantially boost batttery life by software "mgmt." plus (considering Scottsdale's facts, and reported trendlet of cafes taping over outlets)-letting weight grow by a quarter / half lb. max. (fits by letting case's hinge-end thicken by +1/4" or 3/8"). This should also make feasible -- strengthening both "hinge problem" & lid stiffness (re: screen "white donut" damage problem). No protruding trackpad button (reputed to sometimes harm screen). Keep front edge thin as-is for good ergonomic effect. Boost SSD memory as much as possible. MAYBE differentiate the high and low models more to do this & sell it: i.e.- "The higher model's a bit heavier and thicker, BUT it doubles battery life, adds 3G, plus another jack +/ or SD slot.

roxygal9
Apr 27, 2010, 03:57 PM

Hmm well I have a viable option: I got an @army.mil account. And given the Army's recent visit to Apple to look into buying their machines (chich would be huge btw for apple), it may get read? Just a thought. Not sure how much Jobs likes the military...

Scottsdale
Apr 27, 2010, 04:57 PM

Somehow I believe that if I took the position that we all should send emails, you would have countered that with an opposite position, LMAO! Somehow it's all about being different!

Hmm well I have a viable option: I got an @army.mil account. And given the Army's recent visit to Apple to look into buying their machines (chich would be huge btw for apple), it may get read? Just a thought. Not sure how much Jobs likes the military...

Might work. My thought in not flooding Jobs with emails is it will look bogus if he gets 45 emails within a 36 hour period requesting MBA feedback.

I believe he probably deletes large groups of email at a time looking for one that sparks his interest or with a username that he may somehow recognize.

So, we can use .edu or .mil accounts? Anyone have an Intel.com or Nvidia.com email account? I just think it matters for him to even look at the message.

I also have to believe the subject of the email is critical. It has to be an email he wants to reply to. Who wants to take a guess on what percentage of email SJ replies to? 1% is my guess.

brendu
Apr 27, 2010, 05:13 PM
SJ does not care about the MBA anymore... its not a cash cow for him like the iphone and ipad... and its profit margins are so far below that of the mbp's that he will not even respond to an email about it... im sorry to say it, but I can't see him spending the time on it, what with the flood of angry developer emails he gets daily.

but please do send one anyway... I would love to see an Air with 4GBram and a 256GB SSD... then MAYBE I would consider one..

Scottsdale
Apr 27, 2010, 05:16 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

A diffeent take: for the 2011 'big revision', I need: Option of any provider's cell modem. Substantially boost batttery life by software "mgmt." plus (considering Scottsdale's facts, and reported trendlet of cafes taping over outlets)-letting weight grow by a quarter / half lb. max. (fits by letting case's hinge-end thicken by +1/4" or 3/8"). This should also make feasible -- strengthening both "hinge problem" & lid stiffness (re: screen "white donut" damage problem). No protruding trackpad button (reputed to sometimes harm screen). Keep front edge thin as-is for good ergonomic effect. Boost SSD memory as much as possible. MAYBE differentiate the high and low models more to do this & sell it: i.e.- "The higher model's a bit heavier and thicker, BUT it doubles battery life, adds 3G, plus another jack +/ or SD slot.

Nice thoughts.

Hey, what about we take eight different approaches and have eight fans send one of the eight letters? This way we could take eight different ideas and perhaps one would spark a reply. I read the original email that was about the MBP and why Steve replied, and I believe it was because the user was concerned that the MBP had not been updated, and he didn't want to look like a fool for telling people to wait for the update.

Approach one. Funny. Just try to be super funny without bugging him or making fun of Apple. Maybe we make fun of ourselves?

Approach two. Concern. Just like the MBP letter Steve replied to we give our concern stating we really need this new MBA to save face... could be because we told our 40 executives that we would buy them new MBAs when it is updated - joking. But the point is a concerned approach.

Approach three. Wish list for new MBA (like the post I replied to here). Essentially asking Steve how correct we are on any/all of these wishes making the final revision 3,1 MBA.

Approach four. Make fun of the "Not to worry" email Steve replied to, and point blank ask if we should worry for the MBA's future because of the iPad?

Approach five. Dedicated fan. We have our money ready and just need to know when we can actually use it for a new MBA.

Approach six.

Approach seven.

Approach eight.

I want to have eight official emails, then if one of them gets a reply we can report back here. With any luck, we will get several replies...

Eight is my lucky number, so that's why I say eight different approaches.

SJ does not care about the MBA anymore... its not a cash cow for him like the iphone and ipad... and its profit margins are so far below that of the mbp's that he will not even respond to an email about it... im sorry to say it, but I can't see him spending the time on it, what with the flood of angry developer emails he gets daily.

but please do send one anyway... I would love to see an Air with 4GBram and a 256GB SSD... then MAYBE I would consider one..

I like your avatar. How long have you been a fan? I am enjoying the last season, but I wish we had a few seasons to learn the rest of the story. The first four seasons slowly told a story leading us to the start of the fifth season. The fifth and sixth seasons are trying to quickly tell us the rest of the story before we're out of time. It almost seems like they have left out too much with their need to finish it all now.

Back on track... yes, I do believe the 4 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD would be questions that Steve might considering replying to...

For example: I really want to buy a new Mac notebook. I want to choose an MBA, but I really need more RAM and drive space. Is there any chance I might be able to buy such an MBA soon?

Would allow Steve to reply with "Yes."

brendu
Apr 27, 2010, 05:53 PM
I like your avatar. How long have you been a fan? I am enjoying the last season, but I wish we had a few seasons to learn the rest of the story. The first four seasons slowly told a story leading us to the start of the fifth season. The fifth and sixth seasons are trying to quickly tell us the rest of the story before we're out of time. It almost seems like they have left out too much with their need to finish it all now.

Back on track... yes, I do believe the 4 GB of RAM and 256 GB SSD would be questions that Steve might considering replying to...

For example: I really want to buy a new Mac notebook. I want to choose an MBA, but I really need more RAM and drive space. Is there any chance I might be able to buy such an MBA soon?

Good point... Okay im on board with the email...

also LOST is the best TV show ever... Im not sure if you have seen the LOST thread in the community discussion page... I was hooked to it for a few weeks but have not posted in awhile... lots of good discussion there... I feel the same way that they are trying to rush the ending but I trust them with this one... each week a bit more is revealed... My big prediction for the show is that the "adam and eve" couple in the caves from season 1 who have been seen a few times since then are the bodies of Rose and Bernard who never came back from the 70's...

sorry to go on the lost tangent everyone...

jdechko
Apr 27, 2010, 06:33 PM

I think that's the key to crafting the email. Steve isn't going to give anything away, so it's pretty useless to try to bait him into divulging specifics. And I'd say that if anything is a given, it's 4GB of RAM and the 320M, so that will be pointless to bring up. Everything else is either dependent on what components are available (like a larger SSD or CPU bump) or design decisions (Glass trackpad, new case) that he's not going to give away under any condition until the reveal.

We need to ask answers that will have the ability to be responded to with only a sentence or two at most.

Maybe it's something big like a case redesign (could do away with the taper to add room for a larger battery and maybe dual 1.8" 128GB SSDs in RAID 0! -- this is just fanboy bait ;)) If that's the case, we might have a special announcement in May.

guitargoddsjm
Apr 27, 2010, 06:57 PM
You guys are nuts... Just send him a damn email already!

keypox
Apr 27, 2010, 07:29 PM

I got bingo in buzzword bingo.

codehead
Apr 27, 2010, 07:46 PM
you're ****ing kidding me aren't you? :rolleyes:

just ask him without grovelling; he's just a man after all, not a god

Standard business practice to call someone by their surname unless you are on a first name basis. I'm not surprised that someone would take politeness for groveling. It speaks volumes.

Duncanreally
Apr 28, 2010, 02:12 AM
Who wants to take a guess on what percentage of email SJ replies to? 1% is my guess.

1% is about my reply rate! I reckon <0.01%

Duncan

Barbie
Apr 28, 2010, 03:19 AM
"Is Apple losing interest in MacBook Air ? Although it looked so gorgeous being drawn from the envelope Early 08, the last update in June 09 was as lightweight as the Air itself.

This month's Pro update is the only Mac news this year"

Gruber
Apr 28, 2010, 04:37 AM
You guys are not less important than someone at Intel. You are a bunch of kids in a well-traveled rumor site, which is read by lots of people at Intel and elsewhere. You are a vital part of Apple's marketing strategy. What you feel and think is hugely important. Maybe not always at face value, because you only represent a small fraction of the market, but as part of the bigger picture.

So my bet would be that an open letter to Steve, written in a friendly and civil tone, is very likely to be read. Ideally, it should be phrased in such a way as to merit citations by other media (i.e., generates a headline elsewhere: "Apple fans united, clamoring for new ultraportable").

psychjoe
Apr 28, 2010, 06:16 AM
This thread epitomises everything that is wrong with fanboys.

Zulu1
Apr 28, 2010, 02:05 PM
I'd pay good money for an early prototype of the ai...."did you hear that?"

Wait gotta go....nevermind...

hitekalex
Apr 29, 2010, 12:03 AM

LOL.. totally! 3 pages of mind numbing word parsing and bickering on whether Jobs is best addressed as "Dear Steve" or "Mr Jobs".. Wow.

Newsflash for you all.. The chances of SJ replying to any of your emails is practically nil.. as in zero. My guess is that sjobs@apple.com gets hit with about 10,000 external emails a day.. these emails get screened by a team of his personal assistants, and most of the emails get discarded.. Then SJ might randomly eyeball the subjects of surviving mails, of which he may pick 1-2 a week to respond depending on his mood. So the likelihood of you getting a response is somewhere on the order of 1 in 50,000, but probably less.

Whether you write "a MacRumors open letter".. craft some letter by committee.. or each write your own e-mail.. doesn't matter all that much with such low probability. Go ahead and send him a few quick lines if it makes you feel better.. But I wouldn't hold my breath for a response.

Santabean2000
Apr 29, 2010, 02:52 AM
Newsflash for you all.. The chances of SJ replying to any of your emails is practically nil.. as in zero. My guess is that sjobs@apple.com gets hit with about 10,000 external emails a day.. these emails get screened by a team of his personal assistants, and most of the emails get discarded.. Then SJ might randomly eyeball the subjects of surviving mails, of which he may pick 1-2 a week to respond depending on his mood. So the likelihood of you getting a response is somewhere on the order of 1 in 50,000, but probably less.

You're prob right. I have emailed that address in the past when I was having issues with my iMac; it was redirected to the regional manager, (who, eventually, got me my spanking new i7).

I suspect that the regional mangers (and whoever else filters these emails) prob have to to report general trends/common issues being raised. These are (usually) then eventually addressed by a general statement, eg "yes there were yellow tint issues. yes we have fixed them".

Occasionally Steve might check through the common inbox, but I suspect the more likely scenario is that he requests a succinct example from the masses that captures the essence of the issue that he then responds to in his own unique way.

I believe the only way to get a response from Apple, (and perhaps Steve), would be not to write one collective email, but rather 1000, or better yet 10,000/100,000 succinct, polite emails.

(And can we ask about the progress of the 15", twin SSD, 4-8GB RAM, high-res non glossy display model while we're at it.)

Cheers

Gruber
Apr 29, 2010, 04:06 AM
I believe the only way to get a response from Apple, (and perhaps Steve), would be not to write one collective email, but rather 1000, or better yet 10,000/100,000 succinct, polite emails.

Don't. I work in a hardware company where we are confronted with the decision on how to act on customer responses. We listen quite acutely to what people are saying, and Apple is certainly doing exactly the same thing: monitoring Twitter, blogs and news, browsing the feeds of the relevant forums. To derive the same market intelligence by conventional means, one had to spend many hours handing out survey sheets in malls in Nebraska. It is always wise to listen to what your customers have to say.

If a few hundred people write an open letter to His Steveness, it surely gets read. (If the best course of action would be a direct response is another matter, of course.) This is probably not a lottery, but a normal screening process, and most decisions are handled by a policy given out by a PR expert in accordance to current marketing goals.

So if you are writing 10000 similar emails, you are given a tenthousandfold chance on the jackpot, but a new email filter rule.

Gruber
Apr 29, 2010, 04:08 AM

There is nothing wrong with fanboys, from Apple's point of view at least. They are the cornerstone of the market, the early adopters corner stone.

And personally, I like fanboys (and fangirls) much more than trolls.

Santabean2000
Apr 29, 2010, 06:31 AM
If a few hundred people write an open letter to His Steveness, it surely gets read. (If the best course of action would be a direct response is another matter, of course.) This is probably not a lottery, but a normal screening process, and most decisions are handled by a policy given out by a PR expert in accordance to current marketing goals.

So if you are writing 10000 similar emails, you are given a tenthousandfold chance on the jackpot, but a new email filter rule.

Didn't mean it to sound like I was suggesting spamin, but rather just encouraging everyone on this forum interested in hearing something about a new MBA to send an inquiry in and encourage others to do so too; different people, different email, different parts of the world.

If enough people do really care, then Steve might dare a response.

Eric M
Apr 29, 2010, 07:12 AM
rather than trying to figure out how to word a perfect email to His Highness SJ, I just sent him a quick email from my .mac account linking to this thread...let's see what happens :)
will post the reply - if I get any :)

let the force be...well, you know...

PsyD4Me
Apr 29, 2010, 09:57 AM
rather than trying to figure out how to word a perfect email to His Highness SJ, I just sent him a quick email from my .mac account linking to this thread...let's see what happens :)

i don't think he'll respond to that...the point of this thread was to shoot him one witty and to the point email....he's not gonna sit there and sift through all the posts...time is money

psychjoe
Apr 29, 2010, 10:27 AM
There is nothing wrong with fanboys, from Apple's point of view at least. They are the cornerstone of the market, the early adopters corner stone.

And personally, I like fanboys (and fangirls) much more than trolls.

You right. And at least whilst they're posting on here, they're not breeding.

Scottsdale
Apr 29, 2010, 08:51 PM

That sucks.

I will never waste my time replying to one of your posts ever after this one. You should leave others out of your actions. If you want to send an email that's your business and you being inconsiderate and not caring to be a part of the group, but to include others here without that being in everyone's best interest and without all of their consent in this being the correct action, is wrong. I would have never mentioned this and never would have typed a single post here had I known this would happen.

I am really disappointed with people like you who take it on their own to decide for everyone else not just how a situation should be handled but then share the process with the recipient. Do anything but include a link to the thread where people were sharing ideas to send to the recipient. That is disgusting! Your actions are disgusting!

You are what is wrong with people sharing in a situation like this at MR. Everyone is trying to work together and you don't just go on your own you go report about what everyone is thinking and tell on everyone.

If you get a reply, go ahead and keep it to yourself. I don't want to be any part of anything you have done to all of the members here.

If anyone gets a reply, how about you PM it to everyone who was a positive part of this thread rather than sharing with people like this person! Do not share with this person.

I hope everyone here will do the same thing and ignore this poster for the inconsiderate actions here. I still cannot believe you not only did what you wanted but linked to everyone's ideas and the decision-making process included here. How DISGUSTING! Sounds like an immature action and one who only cares for herself.

If I get a reply I will be sending PMs to everyone who is/was a positive part of this thread. I encourage all of you to do the exact same.

I still cannot believe this. I believed that many would go write emails on their own wanting to be a hero and get the reply, but I would have never thought someone would sink this low to somehow be a hero and tell on everyone? Like a hero to get a reply and share making fun of everyone who posted here? What on Earth would make someone think it's acceptable to link to this thread and what everyone else shared in confidence of a group effort to send an email?

I am just amazed at the inconsiderate action here. I cannot believe it. I am shocked. I guess I shouldn't be shocked as their are inconsiderate people everywhere, but still I expected more from the forum members here...

miggitymac
Apr 29, 2010, 09:28 PM
Cue emo much?

What on Earth would make someone think it's acceptable to link to this thread and what everyone else shared in confidence of a group effort to send an email?

Not sure if you're aware of this, but when you post something on an online forum, you can't control what happens to it. No such thing as "in confidence" when thousands of people have access to what you're saying. :confused:

I am just amazed at the inconsiderate action here. I cannot believe it. I am shocked. I guess I shouldn't be shocked as their are inconsiderate people everywhere, but still I expected more from the forum members here...

This part made me laugh...you've been a member for a long time...and after seeing all the "which sleeve is the best?", "i dropped my mbp in the toilet...will applecare cover me?", threads, you expected a lot, huh?

Everyone just calm down and be patient...it's been LESS THAN A YEAR since the last MBA was released. Let's not freak out and get all korean drama!

Edit: Besides, as many have said, the probability of Eric M's email actually being read by Steve Jobs is pretty low. And even if he does read it, it's not like he's going to be "look at this thread...this just pisses me off...CANCEL ALL MBA PRODUCTION IMMEDIATELY!"

roxygal9
Apr 29, 2010, 09:32 PM
That sucks.

I will never waste my time replying to one of your posts ever after this one. You should leave others out of your actions. If you want to send an email that's your business and you being inconsiderate and not caring to be a part of the group, but to include others here without that being in everyone's best interest and without all of their consent in this being the correct action, is wrong. I would have never mentioned this and never would have typed a single post here had I known this would happen.

I am really disappointed with people like you who take it on their own to decide for everyone else not just how a situation should be handled but then share the process with the recipient. Do anything but include a link to the thread where people were sharing ideas to send to the recipient. That is disgusting! Your actions are disgusting!

You are what is wrong with people sharing in a situation like this at MR. Everyone is trying to work together and you don't just go on your own you go report about what everyone is thinking and tell on everyone.

If you get a reply, go ahead and keep it to yourself. I don't want to be any part of anything you have done to all of the members here.

If anyone gets a reply, how about you PM it to everyone who was a positive part of this thread rather than sharing with people like this person! Do not share with this person.

I hope everyone here will do the same thing and ignore this poster for the inconsiderate actions here. I still cannot believe you not only did what you wanted but linked to everyone's ideas and the decision-making process included here. How DISGUSTING! Sounds like an immature action and one who only cares for herself.

If I get a reply I will be sending PMs to everyone who is/was a positive part of this thread. I encourage all of you to do the exact same.

I still cannot believe this. I believed that many would go write emails on their own wanting to be a hero and get the reply, but I would have never thought someone would sink this low to somehow be a hero and tell on everyone? Like a hero to get a reply and share making fun of everyone who posted here? What on Earth would make someone think it's acceptable to link to this thread and what everyone else shared in confidence of a group effort to send an email?

I agree with Scottsdale, though. As far as I knew we had not made a determination in who/what/how we were going to send the email to Jobs. And really what se should say, and get his attention. I certainly took it as a group effort, to bad .

Having said that, should we now compose an email to send? Like I mentioned before i have an @army.mil account. And given the Army's recent interest in Macs, may spark his curiosity if coming from a .mil address with a catchy subject perhaps?

NOt sure i kinda get the feeling Steve is a liberal :(

Scottsdale
Apr 29, 2010, 10:58 PM
I agree with Scottsdale, though. As far as I knew we had not made a determination in who/what/how we were going to send the email to Jobs. And really what se should say, and get his attention. I certainly took it as a group effort, to bad .

Having said that, should we now compose an email to send? Like I mentioned before i have an @army.mil account. And given the Army's recent interest in Macs, may spark his curiosity if coming from a .mil address with a catchy subject perhaps?

NOt sure i kinda get the feeling Steve is a liberal :(

It is obvious anyone CAN do anything with whatever we post here, but don't you find it disappointing someone would think it's acceptable to not just go on their own but to link to our thread discussing it?

We know anyone can do anything they want with our thread here, but we EXPECT more from a forum member than to not just forget about the group but also report and link to the group idea.

I don't even want any part of the message that EricM sent. It isn't a matter if someone can do something it's a matter of someone thinking it's acceptable to screw over the group for her own best interests.

I am disgusted... I just expected more or better from the people here. I hope you did too RoxyGal.

Duncanreally
Apr 30, 2010, 04:05 AM
I agree with Scottsdale too. But I'm not as upset as he is!

So can we agree a final wording, or has this whole thing turned sour?

Duncan

psychjoe
Apr 30, 2010, 05:26 AM
I emailed Steve a link to this thread - here's his reply:

Do those guys creep you out too?

S
Sent from my iPad.

miggitymac
Apr 30, 2010, 07:10 AM
:D
:mad:

Great...Scottsdale's gonna be disgusted. Again.

How DARE you not take this email as seriously as the other members here? Especially when the topic is so important?! Have you not heard?! IT'S ALMOST BEEN AN ENTIRE YEAR SINCE THE MBA's LAST REFRESH!!!!

If we don't get this JUST right the whole friggin' world will...well...it'll be EXACTLY THE EFFIN SAME! Except for a sensitive few who will be brought to tears I imagine...:(

Scottsdale
Apr 30, 2010, 07:27 AM

LMAO... nice way to make fun of this disaster.

:mad:

Great...Scottsdale's gonna be disgusted. Again.

How DARE you not take this email as seriously as the other members here? Especially when the topic is so important?! Have you not heard?! IT'S ALMOST BEEN AN ENTIRE YEAR SINCE THE MBA's LAST REFRESH!!!!

If we don't get this JUST right the whole friggin' world will...well...it'll be EXACTLY THE EFFIN SAME! Except for a sensitive few who will be brought to tears I imagine...:(

It is not about that... it's about someone being so inconsiderate to the other members here. Like I said before, if he wants to go email Jobs, I expect that... but I think it's really wrong and disgusting to link this page. This behavior will just make people not share here or trust the group anymore... not just about this about everything. It's like the person who goes and tells on everyone else to mom or teacher all of the time... it's sad. There always has to be one rotten Apple that spoils the whole thread, pun intended.

No this thread isn't all that important or anything, but people made fun of Steve here, and if one thinks that is the way to get a reply, you're dead wrong. If anything Steve is far less likely to reply to any MBA question anytime soon.

Obviously none of this really matters to anyone but us here. If we were willing to discuss the best way to make contact, it was definitely obvious we weren't planning on sharing the process we went through to make contact.

At the end of the day, I hope Steve doesn't read that email, or look at the link, or reply to it. That is what would be best for all of us.

One last thing... I guess this falls under the category if you don't want something shared with the wrong person, don't post it on the Internet. Our bad for believing all here are part of the group or cause.

Scottsdale
Apr 30, 2010, 07:33 AM
delete duplicate

psychjoe
Apr 30, 2010, 10:01 AM
LMAO... nice way to make fun of this disaster.

Are you saying I really shouldn't have emailed this to Jobs & Ives?

Huubster
Apr 30, 2010, 11:17 AM
This thread has run it's mind boggling course already a while ago.

Since people can attack individuals on this forum without any moderation, I would like to mention a famous saying instead.

Silence is the genius of fools and one of the virtues of the wise.

Veinticinco
Apr 30, 2010, 12:37 PM
Scottsdale, I know you think I am here to bait you (not true, we used to get on fine) but just a few words to the wise.

Firstly, take a breath and pop a pill. If (by including an MR link) there is a more guaranteed method for getting an email addressed to Jobs deleted by one of his PR flunkeys then I have yet to hear of it. So relax Marathon Man, yes it IS safe.

Secondly, the added benefit for you is that Stevie will never read this thread and your posts herein, which means you at least have not ruined your dreams of ever getting a response from him. A little cringeworthy, not your finest hour.

Even leaving aside your emo rant at the kid who acted inappropriately (bad form I agree), you then used in all sincerity the word "disaster" to describe this scenario. Honestly, have a word with yourself in the mirror. You've stepped over the line and lost all sense of perspective. A disaster? Really? Pick up a newspaper or your new iPad my friend and read the global section.

I used to enjoy your musings, usually intelligent and thought-provoking. But I think you've crossed the line into pub bore/crazed nutter territory, and I find myself skipping the majority of your long-winded and ultra-intense posts these days. A shame but there you have it. I have no doubt you're probably a very decent guy in real life, but your persona on here has become too much for my stomach to bear.

I want an MBA as much as anyone here, but it's just an effing laptop at the end of the day.

Veinticinco
Apr 30, 2010, 12:41 PM
I much prefer "it's better to say nothing and appear stupid, than to speak and remove all doubt" ;)

jdechko
Apr 30, 2010, 01:16 PM
I much prefer "it's better to say nothing and appear stupid, than to speak and remove all doubt" ;)

One of my favorite quotes.

Anyway, I agree that we should all pop a pill and take a minute to think about what's going on here. I'll admit, I can see the aggravation from not knowing when a refresh is coming and so we're looking for some slight glimmer of hope that we're still on Steve's mind.

But we might not be on his mind at all. After all, there's the iPad launch, and the new iPhone and OS 4.0/WWDC coming up. Fortunately, Apple is more than just iPads and iPhones, and I'm sure that whatever the case, the MBA is in very capable hands, just not Steve's.

For those of you who just cannot wait any longer, we would all be more than happy to provide you with some viable alternatives, sometimes better, sometimes not, but they are currently shipping alternatives nonetheless. We wish you the best in whatever you decide. For those of you who are just getting here and those who choose to remain, please sit back and enjoy the wild speculation of what the future will bring. I refer you to all of the many other threads if you want to read up on, or add to, the speculation about the next Air.

This is starting to get as bad as all of the PowerBook G5 (which I hear is coming this Tuesday) threads were. :)

roxygal9
Apr 30, 2010, 02:17 PM
I am disgusted... I just expected more or better from the people here. I hope you did too RoxyGal.

Yea, I kinda did expect more, do a bit more brainstorming and then tag someone to do it. Kinda thought thats why this thread was started.

I will not send an email unless the forum thinks I should from my@army account. Though we know people will do what they want, when they participate in a thread that is obviously trying to gather ideas and make an intelligent effort to hit Steve up, going behind everyone's back and taking it upon yourself well definitely not a teamplayer!

Here is to new MBA at WWDC? I just want to get ny first Mac, but I do want to see what hand Apple plays with the MBA.

Not to worry!

:apple:

Scottsdale
Apr 30, 2010, 04:18 PM
Scottsdale, I know you think I am here to bait you (not true, we used to get on fine) but just a few words to the wise.

Firstly, take a breath and pop a pill. If (by including an MR link) there is a more guaranteed method for getting an email addressed to Jobs deleted by one of his PR flunkeys then I have yet to hear of it. So relax Marathon Man, yes it IS safe.

Secondly, the added benefit for you is that Stevie will never read this thread and your posts herein, which means you at least have not ruined your dreams of ever getting a response from him. A little cringeworthy, not your finest hour.

Even leaving aside your emo rant at the kid who acted inappropriately (bad form I agree), you then used in all sincerity the word "disaster" to describe this scenario. Honestly, have a word with yourself in the mirror. You've stepped over the line and lost all sense of perspective. A disaster? Really? Pick up a newspaper or your new iPad my friend and read the global section.

I used to enjoy your musings, usually intelligent and thought-provoking. But I think you've crossed the line into pub bore/crazed nutter territory, and I find myself skipping the majority of your long-winded and ultra-intense posts these days. A shame but there you have it. I have no doubt you're probably a very decent guy in real life, but your persona on here has become too much for my stomach to bear.

I want an MBA as much as anyone here, but it's just an effing laptop at the end of the day.

In the grand scheme of life, I agree this is nothing. I have never said any of this matters to me the second I leave the forums, because it doesn't mean anything.

It is a lot better to argue a point by sensationalizing the act one is disagreeing with. I use it as my technique of driving debate and stirring emotional reaction. Hell, I often take two different sides of debates depending on what part of the forum or which forum I am in. I love debate, and I believe one has to be able to argue either side of the debate. The second I leave the forum I have no cares in the world about what I wrote here, and at least 95% of the time when there is sensationalism in my posts it is nothing more than a ploy to spark interest, reaction, and replies. So you're reading too much into this thinking that I somehow truly have feelings of devastation about it. I am merely trying to spark debate. I love debate in case you have never noticed.

Boring debate gets old, but it's easy to intentionally overreact to encourage newfound interest in either side of an argument... and it's really fun to create new arguments like taking a position that someone did something really wrong. In truth, I don't give a damn that the kid sent Steve an email with a link. Hell, it is all a big joke anyways. Would I like to know what's going on with the MBA, sure. But I realize we have about as fair a chance of winning the lottery as getting a reply or real information from SJ himself. I do believe there is a lesson to teach someone who does include a link and send a message though, and that's the only positive as the rest is pure entertainment.

In life, I have far too much time on my hands since I am dealing with health issues. I would much rather be doing business and teaching others how to succeed in business. Since I don't have the same stimulation everyday I am used to, I use this forum as an "out" to have fun and I encourage debate.

The thing is, there are so many lessons in life to learn and lessons to teach others. While sensationalism is often seen as "out there" it actually makes the debate more fun. I would rather make the person who sent Steve the link think about it from a sensationalist's viewpoint for a minute. Tell me it isn't more fun to try to spark emotion and passion in debates here? Does it mean anything once we leave the forum, NOT USUALLY. However, a few people learn life lessons because we over-sensationalize reactions to the ignorance of the positions... and sometimes it's just about fun.

Most people here have no idea what people are really like in life. The forum allows us to be something else... I don't care if someone thinks "Scottsdale" takes things far too seriously or is a raving lunatic, because that isn't who I am in life. Ever hear the song "Online" by Brad Paisley? It's the same concept but I don't get my kicks on being a cool dude online trying to get girls, I get my kicks by stirring passionate debate. Do you think someone like Howard Stern gives a damn about 95% of what he discusses on his talk show? No, he enjoys the debate and stirring the audience.

Everyone needs to get past thinking they understand who everyone is here. We can learn a few lessons but mostly we're here for RADICAL debate. If we all thought we were going to be personally judged for what we do here, we wouldn't be here or we would act a lot differently... at least I would.

I also get involved in political debate on various forums. That leads to a completely different "Scottsdale." One has to be rational when debating someone on a healthcare topic who has been truly affected by the political system. At the end of the day, the real me isn't any of my online identities. Just like I bet most of you wouldn't go out and make personal attacks in "real life" but it is tolerated here as normal.

I am just here to have fun. I believe most of you are here to have fun too. If we just wanted to read and learn, we would open up a magazine and dive in. If we just wanted to find out about rumors, we wouldn't need a user account to post what we think. Whether we all will admit it or not, none of us is who we project ourselves to be here.

Huubster
Apr 30, 2010, 08:35 PM
In the grand scheme of life, I agree this is nothing. I have never said any of this matters to me the second I leave the forums, because it doesn't mean anything.

It is a lot better to argue a point by sensationalizing the act one is disagreeing with. I use it as my technique of driving debate and stirring emotional reaction. Hell, I often take two different sides of debates depending on what part of the forum or which forum I am in. I love debate, and I believe one has to be able to argue either side of the debate. The second I leave the forum I have no cares in the world about what I wrote here, and at least 95% of the time when there is sensationalism in my posts it is nothing more than a ploy to spark interest, reaction, and replies. So you're reading too much into this thinking that I somehow truly have feelings of devastation about it. I am merely trying to spark debate. I love debate in case you have never noticed.

Boring debate gets old, but it's easy to intentionally overreact to encourage newfound interest in either side of an argument... and it's really fun to create new arguments like taking a position that someone did something really wrong. In truth, I don't give a damn that the kid sent Steve an email with a link. Hell, it is all a big joke anyways. Would I like to know what's going on with the MBA, sure. But I realize we have about as fair a chance of winning the lottery as getting a reply or real information from SJ himself. I do believe there is a lesson to teach someone who does include a link and send a message though, and that's the only positive as the rest is pure entertainment.

In life, I have far too much time on my hands since I am dealing with health issues. I would much rather be doing business and teaching others how to succeed in business. Since I don't have the same stimulation everyday I am used to, I use this forum as an "out" to have fun and I encourage debate.

The thing is, there are so many lessons in life to learn and lessons to teach others. While sensationalism is often seen as "out there" it actually makes the debate more fun. I would rather make the person who sent Steve the link think about it from a sensationalist's viewpoint for a minute. Tell me it isn't more fun to try to spark emotion and passion in debates here? Does it mean anything once we leave the forum, NOT USUALLY. However, a few people learn life lessons because we over-sensationalize reactions to the ignorance of the positions... and sometimes it's just about fun.

Most people here have no idea what people are really like in life. The forum allows us to be something else... I don't care if someone thinks "Scottsdale" takes things far too seriously or is a raving lunatic, because that isn't who I am in life. Ever hear the song "Online" by Brad Paisley? It's the same concept but I don't get my kicks on being a cool dude online trying to get girls, I get my kicks by stirring passionate debate. Do you think someone like Howard Stern gives a damn about 95% of what he discusses on his talk show? No, he enjoys the debate and stirring the audience.

Everyone needs to get past thinking they understand who everyone is here. We can learn a few lessons but mostly we're here for RADICAL debate. If we all thought we were going to be personally judged for what we do here, we wouldn't be here or we would act a lot differently... at least I would.

I also get involved in political debate on various forums. That leads to a completely different "Scottsdale." One has to be rational when debating someone on a healthcare topic who has been truly affected by the political system. At the end of the day, the real me isn't any of my online identities. Just like I bet most of you wouldn't go out and make personal attacks in "real life" but it is tolerated here as normal.

I am just here to have fun. I believe most of you are here to have fun too. If we just wanted to read and learn, we would open up a magazine and dive in. If we just wanted to find out about rumors, we wouldn't need a user account to post what we think. Whether we all will admit it or not, none of us is who we project ourselves to be here.

Dear Scott. By all means, why did you write this wordy reply? What use?
Your background information has been in depth and informative for me...until this.
Is this about entertainment? About being who we would like to be or "who we are not in real life?"

For all I know this forum is about learning about the MBA and MBA issues. Nothing else.

Scottsdale
Apr 30, 2010, 09:59 PM
Your background information has been in depth and informative for me...until this.
Is this about entertainment? About being who we would like to be or "who we are not in real life?"

For all I know this forum is about learning about the MBA and MBA issues. Nothing else.

First, know that I am a writer. The goal of any writer is to encourage the audience to believe his or her side of the story/debate/argument whatever. Anytime I am writing, I have a goal to make you want to read what I have written. I know some will like it and others will hate it, that's fine.

Everything I write about hardware is pro or con truthful. I share my observations about how technology works truthfully as there's no reason not to. That is not what I am talking about when I share as I have here.

When someone writes they love the iPad and the MBA is going to be EOL'd in the MBA forum, and I write back that the iPad isn't good at anything and it's nothing but a half-assed no good piece of "consumer electronics," it's meant to stir the debate. Do you get the difference?

I love the MBA, but I make that love seem more like obsession here. Being overdramatic creates more polarizing relationships with readers. Sometimes you will see me attack Apple and sometimes I will support it... on the same topics depending on where I am. When the topic is an OPINION, I always have the reader in mind.

I am fine with readers loving my posts or hating my posts... as long as it's one or the other, I have done my job. I would be disappointed if people didn't really care. I don't take anything personal until people call me names... I don't care if they don't agree with me at all, as disagreement leads to better debate.

When it comes to people talking back and forth, it is always about debate, stirring reactions, and hopeful to find a great conversation...

Know the difference in the fine line of love and obsession. When it comes down to "feelings" of obsession, it's a trap and it always is... don't ever believe in feelings that seem like obsession on the web. The person is usually attempting to stir emotions and create the ideal situation for debate.

I find that these forums offer some of the most obsessive outbursts ever possible over meaningless nothing that doesn't affect any of our lives at all. Who really cares what SJ thinks about this or that? Who really cares about most of this? When you see me reacting to others, I guarantee you I have no care in the world other than to spark debate. I don't lose any sleep over ANYTHING discussed on these forums, and nobody else should either!

Debate is fun! When it's no longer fun to spur debate here, I will quit coming... and I believe all of the people reading have the same feelings whether they partake in the debate or just like to read and side with others.

entatlrg
Apr 30, 2010, 10:06 PM
I sent a letter to the sjobs email address myself a few weeks ago too, lol....

It's a GREAT idea ... EVERYONE should do it, then we'd have the MBA we want ... well, maybe :confused:

If you do send an email, I suggest you keep it short, professional and to the point.

My email had 'MacBook Air' in the Subject line and read something like this -

Dear Mr. Jobs,

This is a letter of support for the MacBook Air.

It's too much an amazing and cutting edge computer to have dated specs.

Like many MacBook Air fans worldwide I'm hopeful it gets an update soon. .

Best Regards,

--------------

entatlrg
Apr 30, 2010, 10:12 PM

WOW - for NOVELS here on this MacBook Air thread ... c'mon guys ... re-read your words, 'snap out of it' ... I'm amazed at the hours it must take to right these bantering replies, HOLY MOLY ...

Everyone has their own idea's and opinions, so what?

Would be so nice to see "normal" posts - > short, professional, and to the point <

We all love our MBA's, we all hope it continues to get updates and revisions, other than that why all the emotions and bickering = waste of time reading and posting ....:)

Zulu1
Apr 30, 2010, 10:27 PM
I eat peas with honey,
I've done it all my life
it makes the peas taste funny,
but it keeps them on my knife.

Now can we please get back on topic?

Scottsdale
Apr 30, 2010, 10:53 PM
I eat peas with honey,
I've done it all my life
it makes the peas taste funny,
but it keeps them on my knife.

Now can we please get back on topic?

I just got warned for being off topic and not adding anything to the thread for one of my few short replies ever... anyways this post reminds me of that warning. Be careful or they will get you too! JK.

Back on topic. I sent an email off to sir Steve following one of my "eight" possible ideas. I encourage everyone to send a message requesting a new MBA update and a "Not to worry" reply of encouragement!

miggitymac
May 1, 2010, 05:48 AM
I just got warned for being off topic and not adding anything to the thread for one of my few short replies ever... anyways this post reminds me of that warning. Be careful or they will get you too! JK.

Back on topic. I sent an email off to sir Steve following one of my "eight" possible ideas. I encourage everyone to send a message requesting a new MBA update and a "Not to worry" reply of encouragement!

Wait...after all the grief...you sent your own, individual, anti-collaborative email to SJ?!

I seriously don't get you man.

And all that BS about how your goal is to inspire debate: translation = ***** disturber with too much time on his/her hands.

Sorry to hear about your medical troubles, but still...it's one thing to waste your own life with pointless babble..it's another to tell someone you're "disgusted" with them...that's some harsh words to be spreading around. In other words, if you wanna dick around with your own life, that fine, but don't be putting down others with your accusations and guilt trips.

That's the stuff that douchebags are made of.

Scottsdale
May 1, 2010, 08:51 AM
Wait...after all the grief...you sent your own, individual, anti-collaborative email to SJ?!

I seriously don't get you man.

And all that BS about how your goal is to inspire debate: translation = ***** disturber with too much time on his/her hands.

Sorry to hear about your medical troubles, but still...it's one thing to waste your own life with pointless babble..it's another to tell someone you're "disgusted" with them...that's some harsh words to be spreading around. In other words, if you wanna dick around with your own life, that fine, but don't be putting down others with your accusations and guilt trips.

That's the stuff that douchebags are made of.

Quite frankly, I have given up on having any legitimate collaborative effort here because nobody can get along and work together. My message was just like one of the eight I said we should email on the third page. We have been talking about this for long enough. Any positive work has tapered off and the general idea of this thread has been ruined anyways. As long as others are doing whatever they want and linking back here, it's pointless to SHARE here.

I would encourage anyone that wants to write a letter to use the collaborative ideas here to write whatever they want.

If I get a reply I will send everyone here a PM with the reply details. I hope all of you can follow the same path.

Cheers.

diego2k7
May 1, 2010, 09:31 AM
Quite frankly, I have given up on having any legitimate collaborative effort here because nobody can get along and work together. My message was just like one of the eight I said we should email on the third page. We have been talking about this for long enough. Any positive work has tapered off and the general idea of this thread has been ruined anyways. As long as others are doing whatever they want and linking back here, it's pointless to SHARE here.

I would encourage anyone that wants to write a letter to use the collaborative ideas here to write whatever they want.

If I get a reply I will send everyone here a PM with the reply details. I hope all of you can follow the same path.

Cheers.

Why constrain the spreading of news/joy to PMing a subset of people in the MBA community here? It would be nicer if everyone could share their replies by posting them to this thread.

Scottsdale
May 1, 2010, 01:32 PM
Why constrain the spreading of news/joy to PMing a subset of people in the MBA community here? It would be nicer if everyone could share their replies by posting them to this thread.

But we have a mole here. A tattle-tale who cannot behave herself and whom we cannot trust to not backstab us, LMAO! Seriously though, I will PM everyone who has positively contributed to this thread if I get a reply. Then, someone will backstab that PM trust and report to all... JK.

The grand odds are we are not going to have to worry about a reply from Sir Steve.

I used the well health wishes, I love the iPad, and I really CANNOT wait for a new MBA position as I am the biggest MBA fan ever. If others take different approaches perhaps one of us will receive a short terse reply of some sort... maybe like "Fear not, for we will SOON mutually benefit by being the two biggest MBA fans ever... let's start a club!"

I have always secretly wished that the MBA is SJ's favorite Mac ever. I just hope he doesn't just have 8 GB of RAM put in his own MBA at the factory so he realizes how we all NEED more RAM - although he's probably not worried about running Windows 7 virtually either though... urgh! BTW, I left out needing more RAM for Windows 7, and I would recommend you all do the same - LOL!

Godspeed

robeddie
May 1, 2010, 09:40 PM
But we have a mole here. A tattle-tale who cannot behave herself and whom we cannot trust to not backstab us, LMAO! Seriously though, I will PM everyone who has positively contributed to this thread if I get a reply. Then, someone will backstab that PM trust and report to all... JK.

Godspeed

How old are you anyway? Reading this forum has been amusing, like listening to a bunch of grade school dorks argue about how to craft a letter to santa claus.

Thank goodness a few people called you out on it.

hitekalex
May 1, 2010, 10:06 PM
It is not about that... it's about someone being so inconsiderate to the other members here. Like I said before, if he wants to go email Jobs, I expect that... but I think it's really wrong and disgusting to link this page. This behavior will just make people not share here or trust the group anymore... not just about this about everything. It's like the person who goes and tells on everyone else to mom or teacher all of the time...

Hilarious stuff.. truly classic. Scottie, there is help out there. Seek it.

Scottsdale
May 1, 2010, 11:14 PM
How old are you anyway? Reading this forum has been amusing, like listening to a bunch of grade school dorks argue about how to craft a letter to santa claus.

Thank goodness a few people called you out on it.

You again! Get over it! Asking me how old I am... old enough to respect my wife and family... old enough not to blame them for costing me $800 over an accident of spilled water... old enough to accept that I don't "need" to be correct if it means betraying my wife and publicly chastising her every "stupid" move... yes, I am that old. Years beyond you for certain.

And to call us "grade school dorks" is a million times better than what I think of YOU! So thank you. I appreciate you making another jab allowing me to remind everyone here EXACTLY WHO is criticizing us "grade school dorks." The criticizer is a hypocrite, because he cannot even be honest with himself for his own actions and words. We're all old enough to label the letter "Dear/Sir" and sign "Sincerely/Please," perhaps you could learn something here. Go prove how "correct" and OLD you are to someone who could learn from your lessons and out-lashings.

frimple
May 2, 2010, 01:38 AM
How old are you anyway? Reading this forum has been amusing, like listening to a bunch of grade school dorks argue about how to craft a letter to santa claus..

Hilarious stuff.. truly classic. Scottie, there is help out there. Seek it.

I'd like to point out that not only are you both off-topic but that you're throwing personal assaults out.

Scottsdale is (as are both of you) opinionated posters and that's to be celebrated on these forums. ****** comments like yours aren't needed, I question how old you are hiekalex and robeddie because you're both acting like children.

I've consistently seen Scottsdale baited into arguments such as the ones in this thread by petty antics. He's a prolific poster so he (maybe to his detriment) posts more than he should, but he adds far more to the conversations than any provoker has.

In short (to keep it on topic) :apple: will do what they will with the MBA, and we will have little affect on their decision in this forum. So stop attacking people and keep your asses on topic! :mad:

Huubster
May 2, 2010, 05:24 AM
I'd like to point out that not only are you both off-topic but that you're throwing personal assaults out.

Yep. This forum actually needs some moderation imho...

robeddie
May 2, 2010, 06:10 AM
You again! Get over it! Asking me how old I am... old enough to respect my wife and family... old enough not to blame them for costing me $800 over an accident of spilled water... old enough to accept that I don't "need" to be correct if it means betraying my wife and publicly chastising her every "stupid" move... yes, I am that old. Years beyond you for certain.

And to call us "grade school dorks" is a million times better than what I think of YOU! So thank you. I appreciate you making another jab allowing me to remind everyone here EXACTLY WHO is criticizing us "grade school dorks." The criticizer is a hypocrite, because he cannot even be honest with himself for his own actions and words. We're all old enough to label the letter "Dear/Sir" and sign "Sincerely/Please," perhaps you could learn something here. Go prove how "correct" and OLD you are to someone who could learn from your lessons and out-lashings.

Wow, that story gets more dramatic every time u tell it.

Frimple: The reason I have a problem with Scottsdale is that he has essentially waged a one-person fillibuster on the Macbook air forums. He writes a dozen or more posts a day, many of them multiple paragraph musings/rants that are repetetive ("I want my 4 gigs of ram!").

I've been a member of these forums since 2003, and I've never seen anyone with the kind of self-righteous hubris. So I do admit, when I saw how he's annoying other members here, it struck me that I am hardly alone in my opinion, and I shared my own thoughts.

Back to topic (as Scottsdale likes to say the many times he goes off topic): I'm sorry but I do think the idea of this thread is silly: Let's all try to find the 'right' words to get a response from SJ!
Let's see, the odds of any one letter getting a response are somewhere in the 1 in a million range, and it's comical to read the first 3 pages of this thread with Scottsdale and others spending days bickering about what phrasing will work the best and get his attention. Pu-lease.

entatlrg
May 2, 2010, 09:12 AM

Frimple: The reason I have a problem with Scottsdale is that he has essentially waged a one-person fillibuster on the Macbook air forums. He writes a dozen or more posts a day, many of them multiple paragraph musings/rants that are repetetive ("I want my 4 gigs of ram!").

I've been a member of these forums since 2003, and I've never seen anyone with the kind of self-righteous hubris. So I do admit, when I saw how he's annoying other members here, it struck me that I am hardly alone in my opinion, and I shared my own thoughts.

Back to topic (as Scottsdale likes to say the many times he goes off topic): I'm sorry but I do think the idea of this thread is silly: Let's all try to find the 'right' words to get a response from SJ!
Let's see, the odds of any one letter getting a response are somewhere in the 1 in a million range, and it's comical to read the first 3 pages of this thread with Scottsdale and others spending days bickering about what phrasing will work the best and get his attention. Pu-lease.

Thank you for saying this, it needed to be said. This novel writing and bickering back and forth is what keeps me away from the MacBook Air forum.

It is ridiculous.

PsyD4Me
May 2, 2010, 09:55 AM

Because he has the right to respond to emails that question his logic/thoughts pertaining to the matter dealing with the MBA....and by the way, yes Steve will not read this thread however just seeing the topic takes away from the novelty of another email send in the near future....

The actions of the poster were impulsive and that never wins a prize

Huubster
May 2, 2010, 10:32 AM
This thread has run it's mind boggling course already a while ago.

Since people can attack individuals on this forum without any moderation, I would like to mention a famous saying instead.

Because he has the right to respond to emails that question his logic/thoughts pertaining to the matter dealing with the MBA....

Agreed. However, let me explain my intentions.
I was mostly worried that the insulting and personal attacking by various forum members would continue. And so it did.

Anyway...this thread continues to be a lost case and it should have been locked quite a while ago.

hitekalex
May 2, 2010, 03:49 PM
the idea of this thread is silly: Let's all try to find the 'right' words to get a response from SJ! Let's see, the odds of any one letter getting a response are somewhere in the 1 in a million range, and it's comical to read the first 3 pages of this thread with Scottsdale and others spending days bickering about what phrasing will work the best and get his attention. Pu-lease.

And that's really the point, isn't it? As someone said earlier, reading this thread is like watching a bunch of kindergarteners crafting a letter to Santa Clause. And then when hit with reality that Santa isn't real and will never read their letter.. they throw a hissy fit and threaten to take their toys and go home.

It's just mind boggling to me that a group of adults engages in this type of behavior..

I have been a proud own of MacBook Air since day one, and I want Apple to keep it updated as much as the next guy.. However.. at the end of the day.. it's just a friggin' laptop. SOME people on this forum need to seriously get out and get some perspective.. :rolleyes:

Scottsdale
May 2, 2010, 08:38 PM
Thank you for saying this, it needed to be said. This novel writing and bickering back and forth is what keeps me away from the MacBook Air forum.

It is ridiculous.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I will write here as much as I want. It's none of your concern... what you can do is decide not to read my posts if you don't like them.

Robeddie

Well, I get far more appreciation messages than negative messages. So you're in the minority. Certainly people aren't here to read your concept of what are "grade school dork"... so I suppose any positive message about the MBA no matter how repetitive is more on track than calling people childish or asking how old they are. I definitely realize I am 10X the person as you, and it's obvious by how you cannot stop getting over how much smarter or older you act than everyone else. Honestly, I can sleep at night because I don't publicly call my wife stupid, I don't call forum members "grade school dorks" and I refuse to allow someone who is classless to act so condescending to me and other forum members who actually ADD CONTENT AND DISCUSSION on these forums. No matter whether you agree with it or not, we're all adding to the topic of Apple products, and I cannot say the same of you.

Count my daily posts if you wish, but I add more to these forums than many and I don't believe there's a problem until someone like you gets off topic. If you don't want to read my posts, then don't read my posts. Every time you attack, I am going to defend myself by reminding others the quality and integrity of the person attacking me.

robeddie
May 3, 2010, 03:10 AM
Well, I get far more appreciation messages than negative messages. So you're in the minority.

Ah, it's a popularity contest! Cool! (I had a feeling your self esteem was wrapped up in these forums - so that's no surprise that you feel that way)

I definitely realize I am 10X the person as you.

But for the people you 'respect', it's only 2x or 3x, right?

I can sleep at night because I don't publicly call my wife stupid

Never said that. You whine and ask for help from the moderator when I tell you what I think of you, but you feel it's fine to misquote and take me out of context and slander me every single time you respond to me. Why don't you make it easier on yourself and incorporate that slander on me in your signature. It would save you some time!

I add more to these forums than many

Yeah, once again that bloated sense of self importance showing. And I guess all your 'contributions' make you think you have the right to judge others and completely dominate the conversation on every macbook air forum.

Scottsdale
May 3, 2010, 04:34 AM
For Now, maybe.

No secret you thought that. But for the people you 'respect', it's only 2x or 3x, right?

Never said that. Once again you have to distort and slander and feel it necessary to repeat that every time. Why don't you make it easier on yourself and incorporate that slander on me in your signature. It would save you some time!

Yeah, once again that bloated sense of self importance showing. And I guess all your 'contributions' make you think you have the right to judge others and completely dominate the conversation on every macbook air forum.

Oh well...

You have no clue who I am.

Everything you have posted about me must be your self reflection or feelings of your own inadequacies. I mean you took the Einstein quote in my signature and came to the completely false accusation that it's showing that I think I have a superior mind and I think everyone else has a lesser mind. You should probably read the origin of a quote such as this one and determine what the quote truly pertains to rather than reacting irrationally coming to your own conclusion of the meaning. All of that lead to your perception focused on finding some way to accuse me of this self-diagnosed assessment of "superiority" which you have completely fabricated.

You better go look up the definition of "slander." I don't think you understand the meaning or use. I have simply pointed out that I don't respect it when people disrespect their own spouse publicly, who think and act superior to their spouse and blame them for being stupid and costing them money, who always have to be correct and use their spouse's inadequacies as proof of their superiority. I have never called you a name only pointed out your own actions and words on these forums. Look at the names you have called me multiple times and accusations you have made of me... this is ridiculous, as you are clueless and know NOTHING about me.

If it makes you so mad that you don't feel you can reply because I have already replied and "dominated" the conversations on these forums, then ignore my posts. There is no rule about adding TOO MUCH thought and insight into threads on these forums. I mean this is all coming from someone who calls me names both publicly and privately and tells me off in a PM and then blocks me from replying... whatever.

I consider the source... and here the "source" is someone who cannot even respect his own spouse. Based on your actions, statements, treatment toward others and name calling, there is no reason to believe your arguments toward me aren't actually a self-assessment of yourself. You have proven that point time and time again.

Now, I am not going to leave these forums nor participate less to please you. I know I spend a lot of time here, but that time is not spent to intentionally piss two forum members off because I write "too much." You call it rant and domination of conversation, but that's not the intent. When I either die from cancer or beat it and go back to work, I will spend a lot less time on these forums. When that time comes so be it, but I am going to keep writing as long as I enjoy it here. We all have our own ideas and opinions, and sometimes those ideas conflict, but I am not spending my time here to fight or encourage others to call people names and be downright rude. I am going to defend myself from others, because my mission here is good natured, and I know I am a great person. Do I write too much, maybe for you. Do you have to read my writing, NO you don't. So why don't you just ignore my posts. If you don't write about me or call me names, I will not retaliate and defend my reputation from you. I am always going to defend myself, and I am always going to use facts to show character of anyone attacking me.

I love writing, debating, reading, and thinking with you all here at Mac Rumors. I believe we all could have a much better experience if we left the name calling out of it, or if we at least TRIED to leave out personal attacks and keep on focus of all Apple products, our opinions of those products, and realize that we're all people not just usernames. I don't feel like most would go off and call names and etc if we were all meeting face to face... let's realize that and learn how to make the experience better here at MR.

Now, cannot we all just write about the MBA, dream about what we want from the next MBA, and share with others everything MBA related?

To all interested in writing SJ a letter, start sending them. Let's not let a few negative members get in our way, call us names, or tell us how stupid we are. So what if some think we're grade school dorks, we know what we really are can be summed up as die-hard MBA fans. We obviously know the chances of a reply are slim, but the chances are ZERO if we don't try. We all would love a reply from SJ like, "I know you will love spending your retirement savings on a new MBA soon enough. Not to worry!"

psychjoe
May 3, 2010, 06:46 AM
Scottsdale - do you have a personality disorder?

It's a serious question, so sorry to everybody for taking the thread off topic, but I'm now interested in Scottsdale as I think he might be unwell. If you do suffer from narcissism then I think it's the right of your fellow posters to know - at least then they'll know how to handle you.

soph
May 3, 2010, 08:10 AM
Scottsdale - do you have a personality disorder?

Oh, please, leave him alone. He's physically sick. That can do things to your brain. Common decency tells us to not step on a person that's on the ground.

Now all say, yes ma'am and you can go back playing.

Having said that, I, too, find it rather amusing about someone getting offended when someone else blows the whistle on a discussion that is fully *public*. Read by zillions of lurkers who never come forward (as I just did now). And which is certainly monitored by apple, too.

You're not a club, you're not a sworn circle. You're entertainment for the masses.

mkrishnan
May 3, 2010, 08:15 AM
Let's just stop this right here, please....