PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV not finding Videos on Youtube.

sneik
Apr 25, 2010, 10:06 PM
My apple TV wont find some of the videos available on youtube.
I tested it by typing exactly the same search in both apple tv and computer, and it will not find some of them. Does anybody know why?

Bye Bye Baby
Apr 26, 2010, 02:35 AM
Good question. But it's even worse. I find that in my subscriptions certasin videos don't show up. Some take a whil to be made available, other just never show up.

I am wondering if it is a problem of being rendered in HTML5? Some videos are coded for Flash while others remain in HTML5.

Could be a reason.

mstrze
Apr 26, 2010, 09:33 AM
As I understand it...uploaders can disallow certain platforms (such as mobile or ATV for example). You CAN see it on a computer, but not the other methods of YouTube transmission.

themanfromvlad
Apr 26, 2010, 11:00 AM
Any video that's been flagged for copyrighted content, but that is still on YouTube thanks to revenue sharing deals, won't show up in searches on Mobile devices or Apple TV. That's because these devices can't display the Ads keeping them up online. Videos containing music from Universal is a good example of this.

Shoesy
Apr 26, 2010, 12:06 PM
same deal with your (i) phone / pod / pad - all kinds of restrictions going on.

hardkoreprawn
Apr 26, 2010, 01:33 PM
Could also be related to poor internet connection on the AppleTV. Are you running wired or wireless?

mstrze
Apr 27, 2010, 06:58 AM
Could also be related to poor internet connection on the AppleTV.

It's not. YouTube does indeed restrict distribution to ATV (and mobile devices too...as stated above).

hardkoreprawn
Apr 27, 2010, 11:19 AM
It does, but, the AppleTV also seems to be less able to cache as well as a 'real' computer, which sometimes affects playback when the wireless signal is poor.