PDA

View Full Version : How Long did your Apple Case take?

shakeman0
Apr 26, 2010, 02:11 PM
Hi All,

I just placed an order for the Apple iPad case. The shipping window is 1-2 weeks. Did yours actually take that long to ship? I'm not a huge fan of using electronics "naked". Every Apple Store I talked to said that ordering it would be the fastest way. Oh, and why isn't overnight shipping an option?

djinn
Apr 26, 2010, 02:23 PM
Hi All,

I just placed an order for the Apple iPad case. The shipping window is 1-2 weeks. Did yours actually take that long to ship? I'm not a huge fan of using electronics "naked". Every Apple Store I talked to said that ordering it would be the fastest way. Oh, and why isn't overnight shipping an option?

I ordered two on April 20th and have an Est ship day May 4th with arrival May 7th. It sucks its taking this long but I gave up going to the Apple store to see if they had any in stock.

I called the Apple store on Saturday and asked if they had any in stock. The lady said they did and if I came now I could get one or two. So I made it there in 10 mins to find out they didn't have any in stock. I'm sticking with my order.

Also, I've learned to never do fast shipping cause the product might take awhile to become available. You end up throwing money away.

Pared
Apr 26, 2010, 02:31 PM
Didn't taken long at all. Bought it at the apple store.

djinn
Apr 26, 2010, 02:38 PM
Didn't taken long at all. Bought it at the apple store.

Lucky....

shakeman0
Apr 26, 2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah I called like 8 different stores and none of them have it. I talked to a couple of apple employees and they said sometimes theynget shipments of 50 or more cases and they sell out within 6 hours.:(

iWoz
Apr 26, 2010, 03:11 PM
Got mine off ebay for 30 next day delivery from a UK seller :D

GoCubsGo
Apr 26, 2010, 03:12 PM
I ordered two on April 20th and have an Est ship day May 4th with arrival May 7th. It sucks its taking this long but I gave up going to the Apple store to see if they had any in stock.

This was my shipment confirmation as well but I ended up canceling because a member here bought a few and was willing to let them go without trying to profit from me. I got mine in 2 days.

djinn
Apr 26, 2010, 08:20 PM
This was my shipment confirmation as well but I ended up canceling because a member here bought a few and was willing to let them go without trying to profit from me. I got mine in 2 days.

Thats awesome...

andrew upstairs
Apr 26, 2010, 10:53 PM
Ordered on the 12th. Supposed to be here on Wednesday. Originally, the delivery date was May 6th, but I got a surprise e-mail last night with the earlier date.

djinn
Apr 26, 2010, 10:55 PM
Ordered on the 12th. Supposed to be here on Wednesday. Originally, the delivery date was May 6th, but I got a surprise e-mail last night with the earlier date.

That's cool. I'm still waiting for the shipping email.

CrAkD
Apr 26, 2010, 10:59 PM
these things are flying off shelves. when I went to pick up my ipad they must have gotten the cases in on the same shipment cause they were stocked to the brim. I went back like 3 days later and they were all gone.

iSingandiDance
Apr 26, 2010, 11:09 PM
Resellers are having a field day with these.

Hopefully they'll have some in stock at the Apple Store when the 3G releases.

fishmd
Apr 27, 2010, 02:18 PM
Took me about a week and a half to get mine from Apple. I might be giving it up too. I have a Macally Bookcase as well and am just trying to decide which one I like better. :D

rworne
Apr 27, 2010, 03:37 PM
Hi All,

Mine came on the day the official release day for the WiFi iPad. It's been sitting in the box for all this time because my 3G hasn't arrived yet. Two weeks later the keyboard/dock came. Still no 3G. Both boxes are just sitting there, mocking me.

You mean I could have sold the case for a hefty profit? Even after the lackluster review on TUAW?

noah82
Apr 27, 2010, 04:38 PM
Took me about a week and a half to get mine from Apple. I might be giving it up too. I have a Macally Bookcase as well and am just trying to decide which one I like better. :D

Let me know which one you like better since I am in the same boat as you!

djinn
Apr 28, 2010, 01:55 PM
Wow.. checked just now and both my cases are Prepared for Shipment. I was just about to turn to ebay....

fishmd
Apr 28, 2010, 02:37 PM
Let me know which one you like better since I am in the same boat as you!

I haven't totally decided yet. I like the Macally as it lets the look of the ipad show more since it does not cover up the whole bezel. At the same time, this is kinda the downfall of the case as well since I feel the protection that it offers is very minimal. However, with the Apple case covering up the bezel, this actually makes it kinda hard to press buttons. Particularly the volume rocker. I really have to sort of dig my finger in there to push it. Plus, the apple case tends to pick up and show the oils from the hand after some time and then you have to try to clean it or rub it off. The microfiber of the Macally case is just really nice and feels great. Also, the typing angles. The Macally gives you just a slight bit more of an angle than the Apple case. This is helpful when typing on your lap which I often do. In fact I am doing that right now. I will give it a few more days I guess and then decide which one I really like. Sounds like the Macally might win out though. We will see. :D

zea mays
Apr 28, 2010, 06:11 PM
Just an FYI: Apple Cases are in stock at the Apple Store Southdale in MN.

andrew upstairs
Apr 28, 2010, 06:42 PM
Ordered on the 12th. Supposed to be here on Wednesday. Originally, the delivery date was May 6th, but I got a surprise e-mail last night with the earlier date.Got it this morning, even though my delivery date was pushed until tomorrow. Now all I need is an iPad! :p