PDA

View Full Version : Who asked about cleaning the Apple Case?

undrpsi
Apr 26, 2010, 02:20 PM
(Note to Mods...I posted this in the general area because I couldn't remember who and where this question was asked. Please move if this should be in another folder)

Who asked me about how to clean the Apple iPad Case?

I found the answer...:apple:

Pledge Mult-Surface Wipes....( www.pledge.com )

Takes everything off...cleanes the microfiber like it just came out of the box. Leaves no haze, powder, or streaks. Also cleans the iPad very well too (but I still like my microfiber towel for the screen)

Cheers!

HiRez
Apr 26, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hmm, a cloth slightly dampened with water easily removed all the white/gray smudges from mine, no need for other chemicals. Then again, mine isn't lemony-fresh.

undrpsi
Apr 26, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hmm, a cloth slightly dampened with water easily removed all the white/gray smudges from mine, no need for other chemicals. Then again, mine isn't lemony-fresh.

:D hahah...yeah...

I had made the 'damp cloth' suggestion but whoever asked the question had said that didn't work. I don't know what they had gotten on the case but they were having a hard time finding something that wouldn't leave a haze (or fibers) behind.

JBazz
Apr 27, 2010, 03:31 AM
Pledge also repels dust, right? interesting. I know scooter people who use it on their scooter.

gatearray
Apr 27, 2010, 08:46 AM
Be careful to not clean that iPad glass with any chemical, as it has the same oleophobic coating as found on the iPhone, and once that coating goes away (by using Windex or something like it) you'll be in real trouble! A dry soft cloth or even a cotton sock would be a better bet... :)

soxfanreggie
Apr 27, 2010, 08:51 AM
Be careful to not clean that iPad glass with any chemical, as it has the same oleophobic coating as found on the iPhone, and once that coating goes away (by using Windex or something like it) you'll be in real trouble! A dry soft cloth or even a cotton sock would be a better bet... :)

I know some people wil cut open the cotton sock and use the softer, inside portion of it. A great use for those socks with holes in them.