Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdsii64

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I would like to add one more blow.

First, when I intalled fire SDK26 on my imac and connected it via firewire to my Fios box it worked fine. my imac could "see" my fios box with out issue.
When i scrolled through my collection of recored HD content I played a show I recored from the HD Smithsonian channel. Again all went well. I was able to play back the clip in VLC with no quality loss. Now comes the fun part.
Since this is an hour long show in HD the resulting file should be about 9 to 10 gigs before I strip out the commerials. After I strip out the commericals will there be enough room on an double layer dvd for the remaing video?

Second, after reseaching how to turn a m2t file into something I can edit ( read strip out the commericals) I have run accross multiple solutions. These range from running the m2t file through stream clip or clip wrap to using final cut pro. What I would like to know is what kind of results have others gotten when trying to put an hour long HD show onto a double layer disc. I have a blue ray player but no blue ray burner.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I would like to add one more blow.

First, when I intalled fire SDK26 on my imac and connected it via firewire to my Fios box it worked fine. my imac could "see" my fios box with out issue.
When i scrolled through my collection of recored HD content I played a show I recored from the HD Smithsonian channel. Again all went well. I was able to play back the clip in VLC with no quality loss. Now comes the fun part.
Since this is an hour long show in HD the resulting file should be about 9 to 10 gigs before I strip out the commerials. After I strip out the commericals will there be enough room on an double layer dvd for the remaing video?

Second, after reseaching how to turn a m2t file into something I can edit ( read strip out the commericals) I have run accross multiple solutions. These range from running the m2t file through stream clip or clip wrap to using final cut pro. What I would like to know is what kind of results have others gotten when trying to put an hour long HD show onto a double layer disc. I have a blue ray player but no blue ray burner.

you can connect to a fios dvr and manipulate the files!? wow I was totally unaware of that.

rdsii64

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2008
you can connect to a fios dvr and manipulate the files!? wow I was totally unaware of that.

you can manipulate the files once you get them off the dvr. so far that part is easy to do with via firewire and the firewire SDK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.