Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2010-04/26/gq-gadgets-louis-vuitton-ipad-case-cover-sleeve/monogram#ContentTop
LViPadDouble642x390.jpg

This may be the tackiest thing I have ever seen. And you know knockoffs of this will be all over ebay.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
If your case equals even a quarter of the iPad cost you have a serious issue.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
You guys talk smack about luxury leather like crappy pc users talk about apple products.

Go buy your 200 dollar net book and I'll stick with my iPad. Or go buy your third 40 dollar case and I'll but my LV sleeve.

Oh what am I saying. No sense in trying to talk style with people on macforums lol.

And for the record, yes I understand a case at this price is a bit much, but most will never understand fashion prices. Not for you to understand anyway.

<------- obsession for both apple product and Louis Vuitton is a deadly combo.

kloan

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2005
style?? lol..... the LV graphic is so overused... they need something new already.

to each their own though, yeah? if you think it looks good that's all that matters.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Just so you know it's not even leather, it's some kind of damn I forgot the name lol, anyway not worth it unless you gots the moneyz

kloan

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2005
Just so you know it's not even leather, it's some kind of damn I forgot the name lol, anyway not worth it unless you gots the moneyz

lol, seriously?? $375 and they have the nerve to use bonded leather??? christ, i don't know why anyone would waste their money on that crap. at that point you may as well get the knockoff! there'd be virtually no difference.... still the same ugly piece of crap for the pretentious.. not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
Granted, it's gawdy ugly, but why do so many people on here care if someone has the money to buy an expensive case? Maybe there are people that think people with the money to buy iPads are pretentious as well?

Wealth is relative. Don't hate.

ippikiokami

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
Granted, it's gawdy ugly, but why do so many people on here care if someone has the money to buy an expensive case? Maybe there are people that think people with the money to buy iPads are pretentious as well?

Wealth is relative. Don't hate.

Exactly. It's a pretty nice case. Expensive yes but doesn't mean that it's not worth it for some.

lotusindigo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
Ok, style is one thing. But someone who buys that case isn't concerned about style, IMO, they're concerned about the LV on the leather. It's a pretty unattractive case otherwise. Whereas with the Apple products, people may like the Apple logo on the back of their products, but at least the product itself is gorgeous to look at. Not so with this LV case. The colors are ugly, the design is nothing special. Meh.

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
give me a classic brown leather minimal styled case over an overly monogrammed lv case any day. While the iPad in itself is an eye-catcher why would I want to throw it in such a gaudy looking case? Style? No. there is no thought of style/function at all in an LV type case like that. The expensive stuff that vaja cases pump out have better function and style than that.

The type of people who buy cases like these are not the fashion forward. They're the ones with the disposable incomes that like to show off. Head to toe in every piece of clothing with a huge designer logo so that everyone knows.

Is there a place for LV objects? Yes, if you're looking at timeless pieces that you want to buy to last you for generations to pass along, but for something like an iPad? Terrible and GAUCHE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.