PDA

View Full Version : Ripping and Toast

maduc
Apr 27, 2010, 02:43 AM
Hi out there

I play all my video DVD's through AppleTV. It's quite a burden because you have to rip them, convert them and then they're on your Macbook AND (after syncing) on ATV. So I bought ATVflash to be able to put my video's on ATV without having them on my computer too; and Toast to be able to convert my DVD's to mp4. And now that won't work. Toast tells me it's illegal. In what way is this illegal? The're my own DVD's; I don't want to have to put back a DVD player with an extra remote in the living. At Roxio they remove this question from their forum. What is the best thing to do?

Thanx Maarten D (maduc)

StellarSoul
Apr 27, 2010, 03:08 AM
Hi out there

I play all my video DVD's through AppleTV. It's quite a burden because you have to rip them, convert them and then they're on your Macbook AND (after syncing) on ATV. So I bought ATVflash to be able to put my video's on ATV without having them on my computer too; and Toast to be able to convert my DVD's to mp4. And now that won't work. Toast tells me it's illegal. In what way is this illegal? The're my own DVD's; I don't want to have to put back a DVD player with an extra remote in the living. At Roxio they remove this question from their forum. What is the best thing to do?

Thanx Maarten D (maduc)

There's a wonderful little free program called HandBrake (http://handbrake.fr/). It's extremely lightweight and functional. Since I downloaded it, it's become a staple App on my Mac. Try it out!