Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave-MB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
My 6 year old and 3 year old daughters each have an iPod Touch. We charge them and put the apps and movies for them and hand the Touches with them to play with.

What's the best case that is child-proof and drop-proof?

I'm looking for something durable and bouncy so that we don't have to fix cracked screens too often.

And in case anyone is wondering, one of the iPod Touch's is a hand me down that was mine, then my wife's, and then to the child when we both got iPhone 3GS. The other one was when the smaller child realized she was the only one in the family without her own iPod (that and she invariably ended up dialing people when I handed her my iPhone to play with. Maybe she's smarter than I give her credit for).

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
I know a few people with otter boxes and they are rock solid. Ive seen them dropped and thrown around plenty of times and they never had a problem.

Haruhi

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
I am solrryh to burt oyuj lovely buibble but aren t those ki8ds to litktle to have such an expensive piece okf ki8t? I emanb I K know it is bnot exactly for richlist members only buht the6y coukld easi;ly break it. Unless youja re overflowing withn cash note.s.
if youj want a kid proof cover then I reccomend this.
1. find a tray a similar size to the ipod.
2. place then ipod inside the tray, wrapped very tighltl;y with a fgood safe ffew layers of polawstic bag.
3. fill the tray with milk until it almost reaches the top of the ipod (not so it is overf the screen)
4. put in some butter and alot of whipped egg and put it in then oven obn quite a low temp.
5. leave it in the fridge for 48 hours
7. Trust me wherhn it comes outj it will be undefeatable¬! LITTLE KNOWN BUT AWESOME

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
probably the otterbox armor, but if your looking for something less expensive, maybe the rebel touch. the otterbox is waterproof, and have a layer of plastic or something for the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.