PDA

View Full Version : Macally Bookstand Coupon Code?

StBDawg
Apr 27, 2010, 12:15 PM
Anyone have any coupon codes for the Macally Bookstand? Thanks.

StBDawg
Apr 27, 2010, 12:20 PM
Are there any brick & motar stores that carry it as well?

eawmp1
Apr 27, 2010, 12:26 PM
Anyone have any coupon codes for the Macally Bookstand? Thanks.

Are there any brick & motar stores that carry it as well?

Do people even TRY anymore. With the same effort you used to post this, you could have searched:

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/Buy.asp

StBDawg
Apr 27, 2010, 12:59 PM
I already looked at that. When I clicked on the store links I didn't find any stores that carried the iPad Bookstand. It brought up links to other products but not the iPad accessories. I hate when people are quick to judge and open their mouth to bash someone before clicking on the links themselves.

Also how does that help with coupon code?

Swampthing
Apr 28, 2010, 09:27 PM
I already looked at that. When I clicked on the store links I didn't find any stores that carried the iPad Bookstand. It brought up links to other products but not the iPad accessories. I hate when people are quick to judge and open their mouth to bash someone before clicking on the links themselves.

I have to agree with you. Quick to judge, slow to help.

None of those stores, including MacAlly, have the item available. I've been looking for it myself. Would have been nice if there was a coupon code but oddly enough, MacAlly's own website - as well as Amazon.com - list the product for "pre-order" and not available.

Funny I've seen several people post on this forum that they have one, so there's a real inventory screw up here.

jedolley
Apr 28, 2010, 09:33 PM
Funny I've seen several people post on this forum that they have one, so there's a real inventory screw up here.

Supply isn't meeting demand. It's been in and out of stock at several online retailers.

As far as coupon codes go, I don't know of any. However, if you do Bing Cashback, some of the stores where people have gotten them participate. I'm not talking a huge discount, but probably around 2-8% depending on the store.

noah82
Apr 28, 2010, 09:49 PM
It is very difficult to find a discount code for a product that nobody can keep in stock. If they are flying off of the shelves, they do not need to provide discounts.

elleana
Apr 28, 2010, 09:57 PM
I think Macally were rather overwhelmed with the success of this particular case. Its more or less out of stock everywhere. That being said, however, most places sell it at 30-40% off RRP, so not sure if you even need a discount coupon for this. Try jr, macmall, provantage, onsale, but YMMV with regard to actual stock available.

StBDawg
Apr 28, 2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all who actually helped. I ordered one from J&R Electronics. Their website said Expected Shipping 3-5 Days but I got a shipping notification today. I went with the 2 Day Shipping for $8.72 so it'll be here on Friday. The total came to $47.72 so its better than the $49.99 that I saw everywhere else.

eawmp1
Apr 29, 2010, 06:57 AM

Thanks for all who actually helped. I ordered one from J&R Electronics. Their website said Expected Shipping 3-5 Days but I got a shipping notification today. I went with the 2 Day Shipping for $8.72 so it'll be here on Friday. The total came to $47.72 so its better than the $49.99 that I saw everywhere else.

So...you ended up buying the product from a retailer listed on the link I provided, who still lists the product as available...and I'm quick to judge? No, you didn't try...and if you had, perhaps your original post might have been better worded to explain the steps you said you had taken. From your OP it seems like you had done nothing. I stand by my post. This forum is littered with those unwilling to spend an iota of time trying to help themselves.

As for the "coupon codes", how often do you actually find "coupon codes" for electronics. And really, for an under $50 item what are you expecting to find?

gigaguy
Apr 29, 2010, 08:52 AM
After having this case for almost a week, my synopsis -

PLUS - The suede feel is very, very nice, the back cover is done well too. case works well as a landscape stand, works well for carrying around....when closed up.

MINUS - The front flap structure and hinge material feels a little flimsy,
it is a little cumbersome when using it in handheld mode, the flap flaps around and the leather tab sticks out. Front cover does not fully cover, there is a 1/8-1/4" gap.
The light grey cover is gonna get dirty.

To me, not worth what some people are paying but I got it for $29, so it's okay, but I'm still looking. I want a case that's better in handheld mode. I may have to go with a standless, frontless case.

sracer
Apr 29, 2010, 09:24 AM
To me, not worth what some people are paying but I got it for $29, so it's okay, but I'm still looking. I want a case that's better in handheld mode. I may have to go with a standless, frontless case.
I'm curious. Why? If the only thing being covered is the back, why use a case at all? I know you aren't alone in that view. An overwhelming majority care more about the back than the front. So I know that I am the one that doesn't get it.

I'm concerned about putting the iPad in a backpack or small netbook case and protecting the screen. Or carrying it under a small stack of 1 or 2 books.

Stick-on screen protectors distract from the clarity of the screen. They get cloudy, scuffed, and bubbled.

Basically, if I can get to the point of not being concerned about the screen, I would end up with not needing a case at all. :D

StBDawg
Apr 29, 2010, 11:53 AM
So...you ended up buying the product from a retailer listed on the link I provided, who still lists the product as available...and I'm quick to judge? No, you didn't try...and if you had, perhaps your original post might have been better worded to explain the steps you said you had taken. From your OP it seems like you had done nothing. I stand by my post. This forum is littered with those unwilling to spend an iota of time trying to help themselves.

As for the "coupon codes", how often do you actually find "coupon codes" for electronics. And really, for an under $50 item what are you expecting to find?

Again, quick to judge. The day I went on Macally's website and looked through all the links on their page, every single one of them said Out of Stock, or Pre Order, including J&R. If you would have actually clicked on any of them before posting like an idiot, you would have seen this for yourself. You did nothing but post on here trying to make me look like a fool. I then made my original post trying to find a website that had them in stock. It wasn't until a few days later I went back on J&R and it said "Expected Shipping 3-5 Days". Please quit before digging yourself into a further hole, you look like an idiot.

And about the coupon code, go to Retailmenot.com or Currentcodes.com and there are plenty of coupons for electronic stores. I was trying to find at least a free shipping code or something like 5-10% off. Its not unheard of to get these. I get emails from Barnes & Noble all the time offering 10% off any item (including CDs/DVDs, etc...)

Get off your high horse thinking you know everything....