PDA

View Full Version : Glossy or Anti-Glare iPad

LouieSamman
Apr 27, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'm getting the iPad 3G and will be using it around the house and outside.

-I learned that glossy can ruin the iPad screen because of all the reflection and light hitting off the iPad.

-I learned the Anti-Glare (matte) can reduce the screens brightness *such as dulling the color a bit* and reduce sharpness a tad.

I hate glare that gives off on my macbook and I thought that now that I am getting an iPad 3G, I will experience more of this glare due to it being more portable and me moving around in light which shows off the glare.

-I also learned that glossy is more vibrant and sharper to see *but only in low light*

-I also learned that Anti-Glare (matte) is more visible in light and reduces fingerprints smudges *also feels nice to the touch*

So I'm leaning more to the Anti-Glare. When it comes to the Glossy being more vibrant and sharper, should that really matter if you can't see the screen well due to seeing yourself through the mirrored screen?

I purchased "ClearCal Protective Display Film for iPad - Anti-Glare"

Leave a response.

miles01110
Apr 27, 2010, 03:25 PM
Just use it for an hour or two and your screen will be so smudged up it'll be like your own home-made antiglare film.

slpdLoad
Apr 27, 2010, 03:27 PM
Well, let us know how the antiglare screen does. they're all different.

LouieSamman
Apr 27, 2010, 03:28 PM
Just use it for an hour or two and your screen will be so smudged up it'll be like your own home-made antiglare film.

hahahahaha, and that's why anti-glare is great. You don't have to worry about as much smudge from it to clean off all the time like the glossy.

Also Glossy tends to get dust on it a lot more than matte.

TechNutt
Apr 27, 2010, 03:35 PM
Anti-glare ftw

Jeje
Apr 27, 2010, 06:00 PM
I just got my ClearCal anti glare from Radtech today, the picture is definitely not as sharp with the anti glare on, you still can see some smudging after using it for a few hours but not as bad as the naked screen. The glare is definitely gone. The cut of this clear cal is not perfect, it's about 1.5cm short on the top - that probably the only down side that I'm not happy with. I do like the feel of it, smoother than the naked screen.