Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
I am contemplating selling my 12in PB in order to buy one of the new 17 inch imacs. Why am I doing this? The extra screenspace is great, and also the additional power. Also, I live in Cobb county, where we are all getting new laptops next year. Right now it looks like we will be recieving ibooks which is great. Either way, it doesn't make sense to have two laptops. Getting a desktop makes more sense to me.

What do you guys think? Also, if it does turn out that we get a dell or somthing, does it still make sense to sell my PB get the imac?

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Do you need the portability of the laptop right now? That's really the only advantage of the laptop... if you can live with being tied to a desk, then I'd sell it and get the faster Imac.

I considered doing the same, but decided not to because I love being able to use the computer from any room of the house. Plus I have the 15" PowerBook which has a decent screen size and better video card than the Imac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.