PDA

View Full Version : Clear TPU Hard Case from eBay for $10...

Pages : [1] 2

Cyroceon
Apr 27, 2010, 07:21 PM
I boughtthis (http://item.ebay.com/320524508149) from a seller in Brooklyn. The shipping was ultra fast and I received the product today. Below are some pictures of important areas. My comments about the case in my first day's worth of use are as follows.

First, I think that the case is very well made, obviously not as polished as a $50 Belkin, but feels just like TPU is supposed to feel. It doesn't have any smell or any off-putting odor of any kind. Second, the case feels good to hold, and is a snug fit on the iPad. Third, the iPad's face is protected from direct impact on a flat surface due to the beveling of the edge that protrudes just enough on the sides. Lastly, it was $13. All in all, it kicks the **** out of the Belkin in my book. Buy it and don't look back.

Below are the pictures that I took of the case by itself, and the case with the iPad in it. Makes the iPad look so slick, but feel so nice and rugged. By the way, all of the ports are cut out perfectly and the buttons offer a raised surface to accomodate their position and maintain their functionality.

EDIT: Changed link to new listing and adjusted price to current asking price. (Sidenote: this case at $13 , is still amazing because that's less than 30% of the price of Belkin's, but very similar quality, without the ugly branding.)

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/794/img5693d.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5647/img5694n.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4404/img5692e.jpg

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3258/img5695g.jpg

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8007/img5696n.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8590/img5701i.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/653/img5704t.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4746/img5698j.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6236/img5697e.jpg

unkn0wnsoldier
Apr 27, 2010, 08:03 PM
Looks pretty nice. I'm going to get one. For 10 bucks, how could I go wrong?

dbagchee
Apr 27, 2010, 08:03 PM
As someone who got the Belkin Grip Vue - I'd say good find!

antwon412
Apr 27, 2010, 08:49 PM
Sweet! I just got a macally bookstand but I was toying with the idea of getting a case like this as well for around the house. But I could buy another expensive case right away.

For ten bucks I'm ecstatic. I got the smoke one instead of clear. I'll post up pics when it comes in.

Thanks for the heads up!

Tinknock71
Apr 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
Nice, thanks for the review and pics, off to order one thanks.

Hojobones
Apr 27, 2010, 09:24 PM
Ohhh what to do, what to do?
I bought the Belkin one and opened it already so I would lose 10% on the restocking fee. So I'd probably be saving about 35 bucks if I brought the belkin back, but then I'd have to deal with the mall to go the apple store. I wish I saw this one before. Decisions decisions...

fishmd
Apr 27, 2010, 10:05 PM
Ohhh what to do, what to do?
I bought the Belkin one and opened it already so I would lose 10% on the restocking fee. So I'd probably be saving about 35 bucks if I brought the belkin back, but then I'd have to deal with the mall to go the apple store. I wish I saw this one before. Decisions decisions...

There is no restock fee for cases from Apple store if you are within the 14 day period. Just go and take it back as long as you have all the packaging, you are good to go.

Cyroceon
Apr 27, 2010, 10:34 PM
Glad to help anyone I could with this fantastic deal.

Zepaw
Apr 28, 2010, 12:35 AM
There is no restock fee for cases from Apple store if you are within the 14 day period. Just go and take it back as long as you have all the packaging, you are good to go.

Love you! Also within the 14 days with the Grip Vue and very on the fence. If there is no restocking I might as well take it back in if I still feel so on the fence.

AppleSimon
Apr 28, 2010, 04:24 AM
Just ordered myself one to be delivered to UK. 15 delivered seems fair to me!

Great find OP. The only ones I could find all had a circular cut-out for the Apple logo on the back which means it would get scratched so they would be useless to me!

Zepaw
Apr 28, 2010, 04:32 AM

Great find OP. The only ones I could find all had a circular cut-out for the Apple logo on the back which means it would get scratched so they would be useless to me!

Strange, I don't know why they would think that would be an enticing feature. Especially if it is a clear case!

AppleSimon
Apr 28, 2010, 04:36 AM
Strange, I don't know why they would think that would be an enticing feature. Especially if it is a clear case!

Exactly why I didn't buy it. Just looks so odd :-S

Take a look, you can see a clear hole at the back......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPad-TPU-Semi-Hard-Case-Cover-LCD-Screen-Film-CLEAR-/290428253428?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item439edf74f4#ht_2036wt_802

Cyroceon
Apr 28, 2010, 06:16 AM

When I saw the ones with the cut out I laughed because that is the MOST important part of the back that I want covered from scratches. So when I came across this one, without the cutout, I was very excited and was just praying that it would fit properly. When it arrived and I tried it, it fit exquisitely and I couldn't be happier.

Zepaw
Apr 28, 2010, 06:20 AM
Ordered. Gonna take my Belkin back in later. Great product, but paying $50 for a case, especially such a simple one, just bothers me to my core.

Hojobones
Apr 28, 2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I ordered one and should get it in time for my 3g hopefully. I'll return the belkin to apple, I can't see the difference being worth 45 dollars.

firteen888
Apr 28, 2010, 09:00 AM
Just bought one, I've been debating on the Belkin and based on your pictures, this one looks pretty damn close in quality...and for $9.75!!!

OP, I owe you a beer

Cyroceon
Apr 28, 2010, 10:02 AM
Just bought one, I've been debating on the Belkin and based on your pictures, this one looks pretty damn close in quality...and for $9.75!!!

OP, I owe you a beer

Beer or Starbucks, either way, enjoy your new case. It is awesome. The seller also sells a smoke version, which seems really nice.

Ikyo
Apr 28, 2010, 02:00 PM
Looks like a great case....now if they only had different colors available.

Cyroceon
Apr 28, 2010, 05:05 PM
I will be receiving the smoked version of this case and several iPads socks that I will also review, with pictures, shortly after receiving them.

gigaguy
Apr 28, 2010, 09:17 PM
This seller has the 'Make an offer' deal, so I did, and saved $5 on 2.
wish I'd seen the smoke tho, woulda got one of each.

eTip
Apr 28, 2010, 09:20 PM
This seller has the 'Make an offer' deal, so I did, and saved $5 on 2.
wish I'd seen the smoke tho, woulda got one of each.

They accepted my offer of $9 for one. Should have tried $8 but 9 is more than fair if the quality & fit is decent.

Advil
Apr 28, 2010, 09:23 PM
i'm stupid for not ordering one clear and one smoke. but i did order a clear one. hopefully it gets here soon.

if this works out, i'll have the $5 kensington neoprene sleeve and this. a perfect transport setup for 15 bucks!

eTip
Apr 28, 2010, 09:43 PM
i'm stupid for not ordering one clear and one smoke. but i did order a clear one. hopefully it gets here soon.

if this works out, i'll have the $5 kensington neoprene sleeve and this. a perfect transport setup for 15 bucks!

Yep, I will have the same combo (Kensington neoprene & eBay TPU) and hope it works out.

swy05
Apr 28, 2010, 09:45 PM
They accepted my offer of $9 for one. Should have tried $8 but 9 is more than fair if the quality & fit is decent.

They accepted my offer of $8 ;)

eTip
Apr 28, 2010, 09:50 PM
They accepted my offer of $8 ;)
$7 anyone? If I like it enough, I may get another -particularly if I can get it for less. Good to see it's possible to protect our iPads without getting gouged.

swy05
Apr 29, 2010, 12:08 AM
Price is up to $11 now. And no more "Make an Offer" :(

Zepaw
Apr 29, 2010, 12:16 AM
maybe he is lurking here. :p I bought it at asking price when it was $9.75

eTip
Apr 29, 2010, 03:12 AM
Price is up to $11 now. And no more "Make an Offer" :(

$12.95 now!

Betsy30
Apr 29, 2010, 06:41 AM
Wow! I'm glad I remembered to order one when I got home yesterday.

Cyroceon
Apr 29, 2010, 08:25 AM
Yea, price has increased, I think, because of demand. However, I haven't been able to find a better quality product for under $20. I saw one that was $18 and this still looks quite a bit better. I think at $12.95 shipped, it is still a bargain.

ipadder
Apr 29, 2010, 01:23 PM
How about Silicone cases? (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Black-Silicone-Rubber-Case-Gel-Skin-Apple-iPad-/220594888888)11 Bucks sounds pretty decent to me. Close to the Brooklyn one (NJ).

They also have TPU cases but they have a hole in the back. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220583718890#ht_2479wt_1165)

Cyroceon
Apr 29, 2010, 03:34 PM
How about Silicone cases? (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Black-Silicone-Rubber-Case-Gel-Skin-Apple-iPad-/220594888888)11 Bucks sounds pretty decent to me. Close to the Brooklyn one (NJ).

They also have TPU cases but they have a hole in the back. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220583718890#ht_2479wt_1165)

I don't like the hole cut out. Anyway, I think the one this guy sells is amazing.

Daremo
Apr 29, 2010, 03:45 PM
For this price, I had to order one and try it out. Nice find!

eTip
May 1, 2010, 12:42 AM
Has anyone else besides the OP recieved theirs yet? I have not seen any updates on eBay that indicate my order has shipped & the seller hasn't responded to my inquiries. It's only been a few days so not panicking yet. Also, I sell on eBay now and then and know it can be tough to stay current on shipping items let alone updating buyers. That said, a response at least telling me he has or is going to ship - would give me that warm/fuzzy feeling.

Zepaw
May 1, 2010, 12:59 AM
Has anyone else besides the OP recieved theirs yet? I have not seen any updates on eBay that indicate my order has shipped & the seller hasn't responded to my inquiries. It's only been a few days so not panicking yet. Also, I sell on eBay now and then and know it can be tough to stay current on shipping items let a lome updating buyers. That said, a response at least telling me he has or is going to ship - would give me that warm/fuzzy feeling.

Seconded.

Although he did give me positive feedback the 28th so maybe it will show up soon.

Cyroceon
May 1, 2010, 06:57 AM
Has anyone else besides the OP recieved theirs yet? I have not seen any updates on eBay that indicate my order has shipped & the seller hasn't responded to my inquiries. It's only been a few days so not panicking yet. Also, I sell on eBay now and then and know it can be tough to stay current on shipping items let alone updating buyers. That said, a response at least telling me he has or is going to ship - would give me that warm/fuzzy feeling.

When he shipped my initial clear TPU case, it was the next business day, and it arrived one day after that. Granted, I'm just across the way from his location, but the shipment was very fast.

Seconded.

Although he did give me positive feedback the 28th so maybe it will show up soon.

Same for me, I received positive feedback almost immediately, and shipment was the next business day.

eTip
May 1, 2010, 02:43 PM
Finally received this response:

We are sorry for the delay. do to the recent high
demand we ran out of stock but already have more
coming in. you should be receiving your items very
soon

- bkdiscount718

NOT cool and NOT acceptable. Particularly since his eBay listing STILL says "more than 10" in stock! Not to mention that his payment / shipping policy states:

- Payment recieved by 4:30 PM (EST), item will ship same day.
- I ship all items within 48 hours of payment clearance.
- All items are shipped by*US Postal Service First Class Mail.
- Shipping within the United States is FREE.
- Items will be shipped same day if payment is recieved by 4:30pm (EST.)
- Paypal Confirmed Addresses Only
- Items Will be Shipped by USPS*on the Same or Next Business day of receiving full payment
- USPS Tracking Number will be provided

Naturally, I will let the seller know of my dissatisfaction but I wanted to warn others. Cyroceon: it's nice that you had a good experience with this guy but so far, I am not impressed. It's not like this is BestBuy or something, keeping accurate inventory at the small volume he is selling in is simply a matter of being able to count.

Cyroceon
May 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
Finally received this response:

NOT cool and NOT acceptable. Particularly since his eBay listing STILL says "more than 10" in stock! Not to mention that his payment / shipping policy states:

Naturally, I will let the seller know of my dissatisfaction but I wanted to warn others. Cyroceon: it's nice that you had a good experience with this guy but so far, I am not impressed. It's not like this is BestBuy or something, keeping accurate inventory at the small volume he is selling in is simply a matter of being able to count.

I mean, each of us has a different experience. That is really disappointing that this is the experience you had, because if I had the same experience, I would not have been so excited about telling people about how great the product/seller was. All I can rcommend is for you to ask him to throw in something for free or give you a discount on another purchase. All in all, sorry to hear that.

eTip
May 1, 2010, 03:30 PM
Sorry, this guy is a flake. He still refuses to give me an ETA or remove his active eBay listing showing the item as in stock!

Yes, everyone's experience is different but if you order from him right now, your experience will be the same as mine since he has no stock. I still haven't seen anyone else besides Cyroceon post they have received theirs yet. Don't let his positive feedback get your hopes upe either, he left mine on the 28th. He's happy to take your money, it's actually shipping out the item that he's not so good at. Oh, and I also suspect that he shipped out orders that paid the higher price before those that got in before he jacked the price up. No proof of that but if it walks like a duck.....

Tinknock71
May 1, 2010, 03:41 PM
Ordered on the 28th and have not been sent any email to let me know if it shipped or out of stock.:(

larryj
May 1, 2010, 10:09 PM
I also ordered on the 28th and have received no communication from the seller. All I know is that my PayPal payment has gone through. :mad:

eTip
May 1, 2010, 11:05 PM
After a 4th email, he finally said that he has a shipment coming in Monday. I am not holding my breath. He still has not changed his listing (showing 10+ in stock) and has sold 3 more since earlier today. I still hope to get mine and if it's of decent quality it will still be a good deal but I won't do business with this character again.

ipadder
May 2, 2010, 12:02 AM
Just wanted to point something out. Putting a listing on eBay costs a good amount of money (usually .20-.35) and it adds up quickly. So the reason he didn't delete the listing is because it would be impractical to delete the listing (which is getting a good amount of traffic) and make another listing later.

Also, let's not be too hard on this guy :P As you probably noticed his feedback isn't that high and doesn't even have an eBay. We shouldn't expect a corporation type of handling of the sales ;) but of course, he should have had them in stock, put only the amount he has in stock, or at least noted in the auction that they were backordered.

But I implore that you try and refrain from leaving a negative feedback. Negative feedback, imho, should be left for circumstances where you feel like you've been completely ripped off (not recieved the product, receiving a picture of the item instead of the item instead :eek: )

eTip
May 2, 2010, 12:39 AM
Just wanted to point something out. Putting a listing on eBay costs a good amount of money (usually .20-.35) and it adds up quickly. So the reason he didn't delete the listing is because it would be impractical to delete the listing (which is getting a good amount of traffic) and make another listing later.

BS! I don't care how much it costs him to relist. That's his problem. You can't advertise an item and claim that a) you have 10+ in stock and b) that you will ship within 48 hours of the time the payment is cleared when in fact you know you DON'T HAVE ANY IN STOCK and cannot possibly do so!!

All I am asking for is honesty. I guess that's too much to ask these days. For example if he has consistent access to more inventory but it takes him a week to replenish then he needs to change his shipping time to 1 week (for example). One of the reasons I purchased from him is that he had stock and said he would ship in 48 hours. If I didn't care how long it would take, I could have ordered from one of the sellers in China. It's a matter of setting expectations. When I sell on eBay, I almost always ship out the same or next business day but I advertise 48 hours because (although rare) I know there will be times it can take me an additional day to get to the post office

Also, let's not be too hard on this guy :P As you probably noticed his feedback isn't that high

Yeah, the nerve of us expecting that live up to what he promises. His feedback is 100%. What do you mean "not that high?"??

and doesn't even have an eBay.

I don't even know what that means.

We shouldn't expect a corporation type of handling of the sales ;)
No we shouldn't. What I do expect is a more personal experience. That's why I buy and sell quite a bit on eBay and 99 times out of 100 my experience is much more positive than dealing with a large corporation. It's the same reason I try to shop at mom & pop stores and not WalMart. As I pointed out earlier, in the small volume he is selling - keeping his inventory up to date is a simple matter of being able to count.

but of course, he should have had them in stock, put only the amount he has in stock, or at least noted in the auction that they were backordered.

HELLOOOO?? That's all I am saying!

But I implore that you try and refrain from leaving a negative feedback. Negative feedback, imho, should be left for circumstances where you feel like you've been completely ripped off (not recieved the product, receiving a picture of the item instead of the item instead :eek: )

No. Negative feedback is for a negative experience. As common courtesy, you should give the seller/buyer every opportunity to rectify the situation before leaving negative feedback. If you do so, and they do not rectify the situation to your satisfaction then negative feedback is completely appropriate. In this case, I will make my decision in regards to feedback based on if/when I receive the item but also on whether he continues to refuse to change his listing (showing stock when he has none). One of the things that makes eBay great is that the consumer has some power. While I am completely against abusing that power, I strongly believe that people need to be more honest in their feedback...and not be afraid to leave negative feedback for a negative experience.

lumpen
May 2, 2010, 01:58 AM
We are sorry for the delay. do to the recent high
demand we ran out of stock but already have more
coming in. you should be receiving your items very
soon

- bkdiscount718

Received the same mail, I contacted the seller asking about estimated shipping date, but no reply. And I agree, NOT cool and NOT acceptable.

megax
May 2, 2010, 02:02 AM
I ordered on the 28th got my tracking number today

Zepaw
May 2, 2010, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure this experience deserves negative feedback, but at this point probably neutral.

eTip
May 2, 2010, 03:14 AM
I'm not sure this experience deserves negative feedback, but at this point probably neutral.

Agreed. At best, perhaps no feedback. ;-)

Advil
May 2, 2010, 03:25 AM
Mine shipped yesterday (may 1) but tracking only says "electronic shipping info recieved" looks like he printed the label but didn't send it out.

i hope this arrives before friday, i'm leaving town this weekend for the entire summer.

No contact or anything but he's already left me a positive feedback.

eTip
May 2, 2010, 03:43 AM
Mine shipped yesterday (may 1) but tracking only says "electronic shipping info recieved" looks like he printed the label but didn't send it out.

i hope this arrives before friday, i'm leaving town this weekend for the entire summer.

No contact or anything but he's already left me a positive feedback.

Looks like I have a tracking number now too - but he told me earlier that he printed my label and hasn't shipped yet. So, I suspect he's doing that with all his orders. Well at least if his shipment comes through and he follows through....we have a chance of getting them this week.

larryj
May 2, 2010, 07:06 AM
I also have a tracking number now.

zukernik
May 2, 2010, 07:08 AM
I got the silicon one with a hole in the back for $3 at a local store. It feels really cheap and looks ugly. I usually only put it on when I have to put my iPad on a table or in my backpack. I will probably get a leather case that lets you stand the iPad at certain angles.

firteen888
May 2, 2010, 10:11 AM
I ordered on the 28th got my tracking number today

Don't be fooled, he may have supplied tracking numbers, but he still does NOT have the product to ship. He contacted me and said he has read the comments on this forum and is disappointed that this has happened. He didn't expect such high volume. I find it hard to believe that he's sincere since the auction still says "more than 10" in stock. He says he's "hoping" to get more tomorrow so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see if it ships tomorrow. If he were smart, he would do SOMETHING to make it up to all the unsatisfied buyers.

Cyroceon
May 2, 2010, 12:27 PM
I seriously hope the best for all of you as I had a fantastic experience with him.

gigaguy
May 2, 2010, 05:21 PM
I ordered 2 clear ones when he was using the 'Make an Offer' ebay option (since deleted). I got a lower price than anyone has listed. A few days later I asked him if I could get 1 clear and 1 smoke instead and he said yes, and that he had big sales due to the forum and ran out, said he would ship new stock on Mon, May3.
he seemed reliable, but actions speak louder than words.

firteen888
May 3, 2010, 02:22 PM
Since he said he was getting more stock today, did anyone get word that theirs shipped yet?

Mshilling
May 3, 2010, 02:29 PM
no word yet. I have a tracking number but not a single word from the seller on the status of the order. If I dont get it by tomorrow I'll probably leave bad feedback for lack of communication and an overall crappy experience. I dont use negative feedback often (probably only once before) but communication is king. if something isnt going as planned, just let people know. dummy.

firteen888
May 3, 2010, 03:58 PM
Same here. I'll give him the rest of today and part of tomorrow to see if he at least contacts me to let me know status. If not I'll be leaving negative feedback as well.

Daremo
May 3, 2010, 04:54 PM
Same deal here. I ordered one, and have not heard a single word from him. :(

Advil
May 3, 2010, 05:43 PM
According to my shipping number, it looks like it still hasn't left his warehouse or whatever in New York. Doesn't look like I'll be getting it in time for my trip.

http://imgur.com/H8xEO.png

Chupa Chupa
May 3, 2010, 07:52 PM
Ordered one yesterday. No shipping info yet despite the "same day" shipping promise. We'll see what shows up in my email tomorrow. He did leave pos feedback though.

He didn't expect such high volume. I find it hard to believe that he's sincere since the auction still says "more than 10" in stock.

Seriously. Why is he in business if he doesn't expect high volume on a low price item.

firteen888
May 3, 2010, 08:47 PM
At this point he won't be getting positive feedback from me, no matter how great this case is. I've never given negative feedback but this could be my first.

Cyroceon
May 3, 2010, 08:51 PM
I seriously feel bad for you guys, because my experience with him was great. However, you must judge him from your point of view, not mine. I thought I'd be helping him by reviewing his products on here, rather than causing him to receive a bunch of negative feedback.

firteen888
May 3, 2010, 09:59 PM
You are NOT the one causing him to get negative feedback. He should be kissing your ass for giving him so much more business. I can't speak for everyone else, but The reason I'm angry is because of the way he's handling this situation. Ok, he ran out of stock, I can deal with that. But He didn't tell me he ran out of stock, he told me the product would ship within 48 hours of ordering. He then told me (after I had to contact him) that it would def ship today, which clearly didn't happen. On top of all this, it STILL says he has more than 10 in stock. He's only hurting himself right now.

Chupa Chupa
May 3, 2010, 10:04 PM
I just received a refund from him. No explanation or anything. Looks like he pulled the auctions for the cases so guessing he isn't getting more in or at least not anytime soon.

Update -- just got an email from eBay that he is requesting to cancel my order b/c its out of stock.

ShaqFu
May 3, 2010, 11:13 PM
Well I came home tonight and checked my mail and there was my smoked iPad case. It has a slight blemish on the left hand side but it was only $13. I purchased on 4/28 and it was shipped on 4/29.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

steffi
May 3, 2010, 11:35 PM
I asked for and received a refund for the 2 I had ordered since he's out of stock.

Well I came home tonight and checked my mail and there was my smoked iPad case. It has a slight blemish on the left hand side but it was only $13. I purchased on 4/28 and it was shipped on 4/29.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

eTip
May 4, 2010, 12:15 AM
I heard from him a few times today by email and....I must admit i am feeling a little sorry for him now (!). He seemed more apologetic & generally overwhelmed. Sounds like it was a combination of being a relatively new seller, problems with his supplier and a lot of orders at once. I will feel better when I receive my case of course.

He told me that he hadn't received the shipment today (he had told me that he *expected* a shipment today) - but hopefully tomorrow. He also told me that he was trying to get back to everyone that emailed him and thought he had. If you haven't heard from him and have an outstanding order (that hasn't been cancelled), drop him an email - hopefully you will hear back. He also said he was removing the listing that shows they are in stock (I haven't checked recently to see if he has done so).

My main concern was that I hadn't heard from him for a couple days after emailing him ...and I was worried that he was going to (as Steve Miller once said)...Take the Money and Run - and that he hadn't removed the listing. If I stop hearing from him again or if I don't get my case fairly soon, then that will likely change.

brn2ski00
May 4, 2010, 05:43 AM
I'm down to buy one, but it doesn't look like they're selling any now. :confused:

Anyone recently bought? Link?

Cyroceon
May 4, 2010, 06:06 AM
I heard from him a few times today by email and....I must admit i am feeling a little sorry for him now (!). He seemed more apologetic & generally overwhelmed. Sounds like it was a combination of being a relatively new seller, problems with his supplier and a lot of orders at once. I will feel better when I receive my case of course.

He told me that he hadn't received the shipment today (he had told me that he *expected* a shipment today) - but hopefully tomorrow. He also told me that he was trying to get back to everyone that emailed him and thought he had. If you haven't heard from him and have an outstanding order (that hasn't been cancelled), drop him an email - hopefully you will hear back. He also said he was removing the listing that shows they are in stock (I haven't checked recently to see if he has done so).

My main concern was that I hadn't heard from him for a couple days after emailing him ...and I was worried that he was going to (as Steve Miller once said)...Take the Money and Run - and that he hadn't removed the listing. If I stop hearing from him again or if I don't get my case fairly soon, then that will likely change.

Yea, I'm feeling a little bad for him now, but it is difficult to judge the situation without the other's perspective. I still have the smoke TPU that I'm not using if someone wants it, I'll sell it for his price of $13 shipped.

Fanatik7
May 4, 2010, 07:11 AM
Yea, I'm feeling a little bad for him now, but it is difficult to judge the situation without the other's perspective. I still have the smoke TPU that I'm not using if someone wants it, I'll sell it for his price of $13 shipped.

Sent you a PM. ;)

Mshilling
May 4, 2010, 07:39 AM
I tout communication like its something important, however I had not tried that route myself, so I emailed him today. I hope I get a response that gives me a warm and fuzzy, because its starting to be an excessive amount of time with no word on anything. I hope im one of the ones who gets lucky to get one, its a great price and from the pics looks great.

Zepaw
May 4, 2010, 09:28 AM
How the hell is this seller deciding who to send to? I ordered the 27th, about the 10th person to order one, and still have not heard a thing. While some people who ordered the day after me had there case last week. I have not tried to contact him because I shouldn't have to take that initiative as a buyer, but I guess I will now that it has been a full week.

firteen888
May 4, 2010, 07:24 PM
Has anyone heard from him today? He's completely ignoring my emails now.

Mshilling
May 4, 2010, 07:27 PM
Has anyone heard from him today? He's completely ignoring my emails now.

Sent 2 emails today too and not one reply. This is a shady character. Not someone I want to be doing business with.

Mshilling
May 4, 2010, 07:50 PM
"Item is being shipped tomorrow. There has been major delay with dhl. We are very disappointed"

I just got this response. I'm annoyed that he didn't tell me this last week when I ordered the damn thing. Either way, I hope this is true.

Zepaw
May 4, 2010, 07:57 PM
"Item is being shipped tomorrow. There has been major
delay with dhl. We are very disappointed in
ourselves that this is happening with all of our
orders.

- bkdiscount718"

Yup, giving them neutral feedback. I may be getting it a week later but as long as I flipping get it I wouldn't feel right lowering their score. Needs at least the neutral feedback to put on the record they did not live up to their own same day shipping policy.

megax
May 4, 2010, 08:46 PM
I got the same reply back also but first time he gives me USPS tracking number and told me it was going to be shipped today, now he is saying DHL had a delay . Maybe it's just me but that doesn't add up

Wildgift
May 4, 2010, 08:53 PM
I got the same reply back also but first time he gives me USPS tracking number and told me it was going to be shipped today, now he is saying DHL had a delay . Maybe it's just me but that doesn't add up

nope, me too. earlier today he told me it would ship today, now i got an email saying tomorrow. i wrote and asked that he upgrade shipping to priority; we'll see if he does. I doubt it, but as i told him, if there is a problem, it is not the end users who should bear the price, but his supplier...

i got a naked ipad i'm reluctant to take anywhere:eek:

eTip
May 4, 2010, 09:11 PM

His shipment is coming *to* him via DHL. He is shipping *out* via USPS.

If it ships tomorrow, I get it by the end of the week, and it looks/works OK then I will be happy. His communication (with me at least) has gotten better over the last two days. And he finally removed the listing on eBay.

megax
May 4, 2010, 09:29 PM
His shipment is coming *to* him via DHL. He is shipping *USPS

Hmm I see I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted but makes sense now ... Oops lol

firteen888
May 4, 2010, 10:01 PM
I just hope when we do get the case, it's the same one that the OP got and not a cheaper one that the seller quickly ordered so he'd be able to ship to us quicker.

GoCubsGo
May 4, 2010, 10:07 PM
I didn't weave through all the speculation posts but my eBay TPU cases on my iPhone lift every single screen protector I use (ZAGG, Best Skins Ever, PowerSupport USA). Does anyone know if this TPU case is lifting people's screen protectors? This would imply I am talking to those who have received the case.

cmvsm
May 4, 2010, 10:15 PM
I ordered one of these for $8.50. I was hoping that it might replace the $50 Belkin that I have, but I have my doubts. The new Belkin is on my iPad right now, and really looks great. The new design with the trimmed back lip looks to be the right way to go. If this cheaper version has a larger lip, it will go back. I don't want stuff getting trapped under there during normal use. Belkin made a good call by changing it, and I haven't experienced it coming off as a couple of others have reported. It's got a very tight fit.

Some of the cheaper plastics may yellow faster over time as well, depending on how they are manufactured. Food for thought.

Briannbmore
May 5, 2010, 02:47 PM
I ordered one sometime last week and it was delivered today

firteen888
May 5, 2010, 03:03 PM
I ordered one sometime last week and it was delivered toda

Clear or smoke?

Briannbmore
May 5, 2010, 03:20 PM
Clear or smoke?

smoke

firteen888
May 5, 2010, 03:51 PM
Yea, it's the clear one that's the problem. Once again it was supposed to ship today but doesn't look like it did.

eTip
May 5, 2010, 08:05 PM
Anyone hear anything today?

megax
May 5, 2010, 08:42 PM
Nope , doesn't seem like it shipped today again

h00ligan
May 5, 2010, 08:45 PM
You all realize that he is just bulk ordering Chinese cases and there are many more sellers selling the same thing right? He also raised his prices due to demand...I think they are up to what $12.50 now? There are products I would bet are made in the same chinese factory for $8 shipped with no delay. Fwiw.

eTip
May 5, 2010, 08:52 PM
You all realize that he is just bulk ordering Chinese cases and there are many more sellers selling the same thing right? He also raised his prices due to demand...I think they are up to what $12.50 now? There are products I would bet are made in the same chinese factory for $8 shipped with no delay. Fwiw.

Selliing the *same* thing? Send us a link. I haven't seen a case from eBay that has decent reviews in this price range. Not the one's with a stupid hole in the back.

h00ligan
May 5, 2010, 08:59 PM
What about this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Premium-TPU-Clear-Hard-Gel-Case-Cover-For-Apple-iPad_W0QQitemZ160431517791QQcategoryZ158849QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL %252BSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D20%26po%3D%26p s%3D63%26clkid%3D8740029045547970012#ht_1310wt_722)?

eTip
May 5, 2010, 09:09 PM
What about this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Premium-TPU-Clear-Hard-Gel-Case-Cover-For-Apple-iPad_W0QQitemZ160431517791QQcategoryZ158849QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL %252BSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D20%26po%3D%26p s%3D63%26clkid%3D8740029045547970012#ht_1310wt_722)?

Not for me - it doesn't cover the edges (worse than a hole in the back, IMHO). Also, I wouldn't risk it without a review. Yes, I am picky AND cheap. There have been too many bad reviews of eBay cases..

h00ligan
May 5, 2010, 09:14 PM
I'll dig around a bit more, I know I found several that looked to be the exact same thing..and knowing how eBay works on things like this, I'd bet it's not his product and there are places to source it at the same or better price. I'll post back if or when I find the others sellers again.

Amazon seems to have some options (http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Crystal-Jacket-Premium-Protector/sim/B003FLPOPW/2/ref=pd_cp_e_sexpl) via third party, many with reviews.

eTip
May 5, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'll dig around a bit more, I know I found several that looked to be the exact same thing..and knowing how eBay works on things like this, I'd bet it's not his product and there are places to source it at the same or better price. I'll post back if or when I find the others sellers again.

Well, I think we are all aware that he is likely getting them from China and he has said that he can't get anymore (after this shipment that was supposed to arrive this week) so I guess I would be a little skeptical if someone advertised the same case. I didn't find any similar on eBay in my previous searches but things change fast....

h00ligan
May 5, 2010, 09:32 PM
Agreed, at mot this is a temporary inconvenience..possibly because the knockoffs are coming from the same factory as the belkin ones ( as often happens) and belkin changed their design...or they could be retooling to make the adjusted case if they jut copied it. I am actually shocked that people I'll pay fifty bucks for a plastic case, when I saw the belkin price I thought for sure it would drop fast.

Either way it's a matter of short time before the market is flooded with decent cases around ten bucks.

firteen888
May 5, 2010, 10:54 PM
If I don't hear something mid day tomorrow im just gonna ask for my money back. This is just stupid now.

Zepaw
May 6, 2010, 07:56 AM
If I don't hear something mid day tomorrow im just gonna ask for my money back. This is just stupid now.

Agreed. I held off becaue I want the darn thing, but apparently it is a foolish hope.

megax
May 6, 2010, 02:43 PM
anyone hear anything today?

eTip
May 6, 2010, 03:55 PM
No

megax
May 6, 2010, 07:10 PM
yea, looks like im going to be putting in for a refund he stopped answering my emails

firteen888
May 6, 2010, 08:35 PM
I just opened up a case with eBay.

lumpen
May 6, 2010, 09:36 PM
I got an email from the seller yesterday, saying that he's on his way to the postoffice to ship the case (he posted a USPS tracking number last saturday but hadn't actually shipped anything). I waited for a day, but USPS tracking info hasn't listed any actual shipping - It's still "electronic shipping info received".

Contacted the seller again, he said

"item has shipped, do not know why usps website has not update yet".

I've never seen USPS tracking info delayed more than 24Hrs but I'll give it one or two more days before I open up a case with ebay...

megax
May 6, 2010, 10:42 PM
got the same "item has shipped, do not know why usps website has
not update yet" email around 9 ish tonight, we will see tho I'm in Brooklyn so it shouldn't take long for me to see if he did send it.

eTip
May 6, 2010, 11:49 PM
not update yet" email around 9 ish tonight

+1
I don't get why the USPS tracking info wouldn't be updated yet either. Perhaps he needs to CALL them and FIND OUT!

ChanTheMagicMan
May 7, 2010, 02:27 AM
What in the world is going on with these? I placed an order for one on the 28th, and I still haven't heard anything from the seller. Starting to get a little antsy, especially because his ebay page touts his incredibly fast shipping.

Advil
May 7, 2010, 02:40 AM
Still no word from the seller. I think a series of negative feedback from us all will be necessary.

I also ordered the 28th.

eTip
May 7, 2010, 05:10 AM
not update yet" email around 9 ish tonight, we will see tho I'm in Brooklyn so it shouldn't take long for me to see if he did send it.

Definitely let us know! Thanks.

firteen888
May 7, 2010, 09:13 AM
Still no word from the seller. I think a series of negative feedback from us all will be necessary.

Well He's def not getting positive feedback from me, it's either going to be neutral or negative, it all depends on the quality of the case. If the case is PERFECT I'll give him neutral, if there's anything wrong with it i'll be giving him negative. he'll be very lucky if he gets a neutral from me.

Zepaw
May 7, 2010, 12:36 PM
Well He's def not getting positive feedback from me, it's either going to be neutral or negative, it all depends on the quality of the case. If the case is PERFECT I'll give him neutral, if there's anything wrong with it i'll be giving him negative. he'll be very lucky if he gets a neutral from me.

The quality of the case? How about the exsistence of it! I officially give up, I am giving negative and going to try to get my money back. I think he is just lying to us at this point.

Mshilling
May 7, 2010, 01:13 PM
he emailed me back and said mine shipped. im not sure WHEN it shipped because I asked him 3 days ago....but for what its worth, hopefully i'll have it soon. I am definitely leaving bad feedback but im waiting for it to arrive at all first.

firteen888
May 7, 2010, 01:47 PM
he emailed me back and said mine shipped. im not sure WHEN it shipped because I asked him 3 days ago....but for what its worth, hopefully i'll have it soon. I am definitely leaving bad feedback but im waiting for it to arrive at all first.

I think we all got that email saying it shipped (I got it after I complained to ebay) but the tracking number still has no info for me. All my tracking number says is that they were electronically notified. Does anyone's tracking actually say the item shipped?

eTip
May 7, 2010, 02:46 PM
I think we all got that email saying it shipped (I got it after I complained to ebay) but the tracking number still has no info for me. All my tracking number says is that they were electronically notified. Does anyone's tracking actually say the item shipped?
Nope, not mine. Just checked again.

Tinknock71
May 7, 2010, 03:28 PM

Ordered the 28th got tracking number but no info same crap as everyone else.
Oh for pete's sake how hard is to reply to people's emails and say yes it shipped or no it did not! And I don't have any in stock, it's not rocket science!
I know it's just a case but dam it be straight with us and tell the truth is it that hard? Sorry for the rant just a little pissed! :mad:

megax
May 7, 2010, 03:34 PM
Nothing today I'll see if I get it tomorrow I doubt it is coming. tracking number still hasn't updated and I highly doubt that USPS messed up all their shipping updates on Our tracking numbers.

Zepaw
May 7, 2010, 03:50 PM
Nothing today I'll see if I get it tomorrow I doubt it is coming. tracking number still hasn't updated and I highly doubt that USPS messed up all their shipping updates on Our tracking numbers.

As i said, I think he is at the point of lying. To what end I don't know.

Welovelegend
May 7, 2010, 03:53 PM
I ordered this one on eBay yesterday. Seems pretty decent.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180496043070&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2232wt_1167

Mshilling
May 7, 2010, 03:53 PM
Just checked the mail, nothing yet. What a joke. I'll keep looking but if it doesnt come tomorrow i'll probably grab a grip vue on sunday. boo.

Mshilling
May 7, 2010, 03:54 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180496043070&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2232wt_1167

wow that looks exactly the same. if I dont get mine tomorrow i'll order this. thanks for the link. let us know if you actually get it :)

Welovelegend
May 7, 2010, 04:04 PM
It was shipped same day via USPS first class from CA. I am in MA, so it wont be here until mid next week. I saw this on Youtube review, for 12 bucks, i'd give a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ATiAKkofC8

Zepaw
May 7, 2010, 04:04 PM
I have opened up a case against him in the resolution center asking for my money back.

rogerh
May 7, 2010, 04:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up.. I think ill give it a try.

firteen888
May 7, 2010, 05:36 PM
I have opened up a case against him in the resolution center asking for my money back

Good, everybody should do this.

Tinknock71
May 7, 2010, 05:47 PM
Good, everybody should do this.

I opened one up!

eTip
May 7, 2010, 08:17 PM
After threatening him with negative feedback, I received an immediate response:

I have spoken to usps, they have said that at my local processing center there has been issues past 2 days. I am very sorry for all of these issues and no responces. A family memeber has just recently passed away and have not been at work. I really understand the situtaion that I have put everyone through and am very sorry for all of these ****** ups.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

At this point, I am skeptical. He has a Blackberry, he can clearly respond quickly when he feels the need to.

Zepaw
May 7, 2010, 08:21 PM
^ there were around 15 excuses in that short message. I would give him benefit of the doubt if he didn't only respond when badgered and seem to keep lieing about shipments.

Oh and to this day he claims to have over 10 in stock.

firteen888
May 7, 2010, 08:46 PM
I just asked him which local processing center he uses. If we can get the phone number I'd be more than happy to call them and see if what he's saying is the truth (highly doubt it). Let's see if he responds to me.

I also sent an email to usps to find out the current status of the tracking number he provided. Now im gonna go get drunk.

eTip
May 7, 2010, 09:26 PM
I just asked him which local processing center he uses. If we can get the phone number I'd be more than happy to call them and see if what he's saying is the truth (highly doubt it). Let's see if he responds to me.

I also sent an email to usps to find out the current status of the tracking number he provided. Now im gonna go get drunk.

Funny, I did the same thing (asked for the local processing # or the# of the person he spoke to). No response of course!

Advil
May 7, 2010, 09:32 PM
Leaving negative feedback now. I'm leaving town Monday for 3 months and I won't see my case until then, if it even arrives. I've given him plenty of time.

edit - i left negative feedback with a link back to this thread

Zepaw
May 7, 2010, 09:57 PM
I used your link too. ;)
Though he deserves it at this point, it hurts to see his % drop so hard from a couple reviews. Feels like when I got my superviser fired yesterday. He deserved it for trying to screw me over, but I can still commiserate. Those percentages are important. :p

firteen888
May 7, 2010, 10:15 PM
A few more negatives and his feedback is gonna drop big time. If I don't hear from him soon with the usps phone # I'll be leaving mine.

Tinknock71
May 8, 2010, 11:17 AM
Check mail no case! Left negative feed back and opened up case in resolution center. And have yet to receive any email or response from him. :mad:

Mshilling
May 8, 2010, 12:57 PM
I just checked my mail and still nothing. negative feedback left. This guy sucks.

megax
May 8, 2010, 01:26 PM
Nothing today , negative feedback left

bhsu21
May 8, 2010, 02:42 PM
After threatening him with negative feedback, I received an immediate response:

At this point, I an skeptical. He has a Blackberry, he can clearly respond quickly when he feels the need to.

Hope he doesn't have to stoop so low as to use a death in the family as a fake excuse.

Zepaw
May 8, 2010, 02:56 PM
Got a response from my case I opened

"yes i am very sorry. there has been a recent tragedy in my family and have not been able to get around to all of my customers. all my orders have shipped and usps.com website has not updated but please give it intill monday and you will see that your order is on its way."

I don't have much choice to wait until Monday. It better ship soon if it does, I move at the end of the week. Would have to go through forwarding hassles ontop of all this.

Tinknock71
May 8, 2010, 03:14 PM
Got a response from my case I opened

I don't have much choice to wait until Monday. It better ship soon if it does, I move at the end of the week. Would have to go through forwarding hassles ontop of all this.

Got the response you did. Well we waited this long what's a few more days. It better be in the mailbox Monday when I get home from work!

Advil
May 8, 2010, 03:31 PM
Since he didn't ship my item yet, I guess I'm going to just have him change the address on my package. Hopefully he's not incompetent to the point where that's too difficult of a task.

Betsy30
May 8, 2010, 03:54 PM
I emailed him this morning and got a quick response - pretty much the same as Zepaw got. He said I'd see that it's shipped on Monday. Not sure how that will work as I have no tracking number. :rolleyes:

If I don't see any movement by Wenesday or Thursday I'll start raising Cain.

This is one of two shipments that have gone astray in the last couple of weeks (the other is not iPad related). I swear I'll order only from Amazon from now on!

Tinknock71
May 8, 2010, 04:39 PM
I emailed him this morning and got a quick response - pretty much the same as Zepaw got. He said I'd see that it's shipped on Monday. Not sure how that will work as I have no tracking number. :rolleyes:

If I don't see any movement by Wenesday or Thursday I'll start raising Cain.

This is one of two shipments that have gone astray in the last couple of weeks (the other is not iPad related). I swear I'll order only from Amazon from now on!

I was thinking the same thing about amazon. That 50.00 Belkin doesn't seem to bad now.

jedolley
May 8, 2010, 08:08 PM

I ordered from this seller last night and got my tracking info today. The unboxing video mentioned in this thread made it look pretty good and definitely worth $13. This will be my 5th case, I haven't quite nailed down what I am looking for.

gigaguy
May 8, 2010, 10:37 PM
that's the same thing he told me- 'will ship on Monday' but that was LAST WEEK. THis seems to be either an ignorant seller or a scammer.
He boasts on his auction how he ships out fast, immediate after payment, speedy, and is still selling these with 'many in stock'. that;s wrong.

He needs to man up and be honest. the negative feedback is already starting on his profile. he must cherish these $10 sales over any longterm ebay selling.
just refund our money if you can;t live up to your auction terms. this game is boring now. be honest and man up.

Zepaw
May 9, 2010, 12:22 AM
that's the same thing he told me- 'will ship on Monday' but that was LAST WEEK. THis seems to be either an ignorant seller or a scammer.
He boasts on his auction how he ships out fast, immediate after payment, speedy, and is still selling these with 'many in stock'. that;s wrong.

He needs to man up and be honest. the negative feedback is already starting on his profile. he must cherish these $10 sales over any longterm ebay selling.
just refund our money if you can;t live up to your auction terms. this game is boring now. be honest and man up.

So true. No matter how odd this situation gets I keep leaving a bit of room for him telling the truth because why the hell would he through away his good rating after 170 sales over a few cheap ipad cases? I don't believe they will ship, but since it was his response to my case I opened I should wait until then before I try to push as hard as I can for a stupid $10 refund.

firteen888
May 9, 2010, 03:43 AM
So after opening a case through eBay, they ruled in my favor and I received a full refund in my paypal account. At this point I suggest everybody open a case with eBay and you will get a full refund. I'm off to leave my negative feedback now.

xcel360
May 9, 2010, 12:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190392532830&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Got this one in the mail. Not bad at all. Pretty nice case. Only thin I don't really like is around the corners on the back are lines that make it look like tape is on it. I'll try to take some pics tonight. It was cheap so I shouldn't complain at all.

Zepaw
May 9, 2010, 05:55 PM
Case decided in my favor as well.

Welovelegend
May 10, 2010, 09:25 AM
Man, those were some fast shipping here. Just received both Switheasy Nude and 12 bucks eBay case. Ordered Switheasy on last Friday, and its here today...wow. Here are 2 photos. Obviously, Nude is always better :D
I am going to try them on the iPad now.

firteen888
May 10, 2010, 09:34 AM
take some pics of the $12 case on the ipad if you could. I'd like to compare to the OP's pics.

Welovelegend
May 10, 2010, 10:20 AM
Alright, i just put it on my iPad. Its not bad at all. For 12 bucks, its worth every penny. Very well fitting, good grip, wrap around the edges. I see some tiny dusts in the materiel, (and maybe some so called water marks? :confused:) but don't bother me too much. Once its on the iPad, can't tell they are there. All the port cut-outs are in the right place, but i have some doubts the camera kit will fit perfectly, though i do not have the kit to test on it. Here are some photos:

Wildgift
May 10, 2010, 12:27 PM
I left negative feedback and asked for a refund too...damn!

patp
May 10, 2010, 12:33 PM
Alright, i just put it on my iPad. Its not bad at all. For 12 bucks, its worth every penny. Very well fitting, good grip, wrap around the edges. I see some tiny dusts in the materiel, (and maybe some so called water marks? :confused:) but don't bother me too much. Once its on the iPad, can't tell they are there. All the port cut-outs are in the right place, but i have some doubts the camera kit will fit perfectly, though i do not have the kit to test on it. Here are some photos:

that looks really nice. is this the same seller that everyone else was talking about?

You have a link to the seller? for $15 it seems like a great deal.

jedolley
May 10, 2010, 12:37 PM
that looks really nice. is this the same seller that everyone else was talking about?

You have a link to the seller? for $15 it seems like a great deal.

Welovelegend and I ordered from the same seller QualityWirelessDirect http://myworld.ebay.com/qualitywirelessdirect/.

I ordered mine Friday night, it was shipped Saturday from CA, and it should be in with today's mail according to USPS.

I went with this seller based on this unboxing video also mentioned in this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ATiAKkofC8&playnext_from=TL&videos=GQiPjzJXJp8

T4R06
May 10, 2010, 12:51 PM
Welovelegend and I ordered from the same seller QualityWirelessDirect http://myworld.ebay.com/qualitywirelessdirect/.

I ordered mine Friday night, it was shipped Saturday from CA, and it should be in with today's mail according to USPS.

I went with this seller based on this unboxing video also mentioned in this thread.

will the camera kit will fit?

patp
May 10, 2010, 12:53 PM

Thanks guys for the info.

Can any of you guys who purchased from them, PM me an email to the seller? I don't have an eBay account and would like to purchase directly from the seller.

Thanks

Welovelegend
May 10, 2010, 01:06 PM
Here is the eBay link for this case :D LOL its $12.34 now, damn... i should have waited bit longer for this.... :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180496043070

Zepaw
May 10, 2010, 01:09 PM
I left negative feedback and asked for a refund too...damn!

Did you ask the seller or do it through ebay? Don't bother with him.

eTip
May 10, 2010, 01:10 PM
So true. No matter how odd this situation gets I keep leaving a bit of room for him telling the truth because why the hell would he through away his good rating after 170 sales over a few cheap ipad cases? I don't believe they will ship, but since it was his response to my case I opened I should wait until then before I try to push as hard as I can for a stupid $10 refund.

His last email to me said to "wait until Monday" for tracking # to update. I did and......it still shows it hasn't shipped. I give up. Opened a case. I no longer believe he shiipped. Still, I would love to proven wrong and have my case magically appear in my mailbox. I agree that it makes no sense that he is letting his eBay rating go to hell like this.

Mshilling
May 10, 2010, 01:15 PM
I am checking my mailbox one more day. If it is not there when I get home tonight I will order another one from somewhere else. I -did- already open a case with ebay in hopes to get a refund if I dont end up getting it. what a crock.

firteen888
May 10, 2010, 01:35 PM
it's just sad that he made up the fact that a relative died as an excuse. What a scumbag.

Zepaw
May 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
it's just sad that he made up the fact that a relative died as an excuse. What a scumbag.

Worse yet it makes no sense. What does he gain by making a lie to buy himself time when he is not going to ship it anyway.

firteen888
May 10, 2010, 02:38 PM
I don't understand the reasoning behind anything he did. if he didn't have the cases why wouldn't he just come out and say

"hey, I don't have the cases in stock, I wasnt expecting such high volume. If you still want it, it could be a few weeks before I get more. if not, I will refund your money"

now he gets no money since everyone is getting refunds and his feedback is ruined. oh well, dumb people get what they deserve.

patp
May 10, 2010, 03:00 PM
the key to averting this disaster would have been close communication with the buyers. emails should have been responded to asap and the customer informed that they were out of stock and it would be a couple of weeks.

i think if most of the buyers were made aware of this, they would have cooled their heels and waited. but no communication and this storm brews up and it gets to uncontrollable levels. now he has this s h i t storm on his hands and a ruined name on eBay.

Mshilling
May 10, 2010, 04:51 PM
Well, another day, another empty mailbox. Something i ordered a week later shipped from ALASKA and arrived today. Not this god forsaken case. I will order from the other ebay seller in this thread now.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

JonnyIreland
May 10, 2010, 05:24 PM
Guys, this is a great thread -although obviously not for those who got the shaft from that eBay seller.
It sounds like he wasn't expecting so many sales, it probably exploded due to the great review & link on here and he has started to lie to buy himself some time. I hope that everyone has their problems resolved asap.

I just ordered the case as featured on this page from 'quality wireless direct', $18 including shipping to the UK which is great.

ChanTheMagicMan
May 11, 2010, 02:18 AM
Well, I received the same message as all of you, telling me to wait until Monday because of a family tragedy, and I was told I would see the tracking number update with a shipped item status.

Monday has now come and gone, with no updated info on USPS, and no indication that the item has shipped. I have now opened up a case with eBay, asking for a full refund of my purchase, and I went ahead and placed an order for the other case shown in this thread.

I'm a pretty forgiving person, but I'm starting to just believe he doesn't have any of the items in stock. If you look at his feedback page, people have left feedback on Monday (5/10) and a few days ago, indicating they received their items. I find it hard to believe that this family tragedy would affect only those of us who happened to order the iPad case.

Pretty sad. This is the first time I'll ever leave negative feedback on eBay. I usually have great experiences with everyone I've purchased from. Well, I guess at worst, I'll be out the $9.75 I paid for it.

Zepaw
May 11, 2010, 11:25 AM
Pretty sad. This is the first time I'll ever leave negative feedback on eBay. I usually have great experiences with everyone I've purchased from. Well, I guess at worst, I'll be out the $9.75 I paid for it.

you won't. Ebay has been deciding in our favor. Already got my $10 back.

firteen888
May 11, 2010, 11:52 AM
USPS called me back today and confirmed that my case was never brought in for shipment. they were only electronically notified by the seller. This just confirms (if anyone had any doubt) that he's been lying to us all along.

bhsu21
May 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
What a scumbag. Just reading about it makes me upset.

Please make sure you get your money back. Ebay and Paypal should be able to do that for you. Don't let this guy get away with stealing even .01 of your money.

eTip
May 11, 2010, 04:34 PM
you won't. Ebay has been deciding in our favor. Already got my $10 back.

How long does it take for the case to be decided & to get a refund? My status says "awaiting seller response". Sounds like I have to wait up to 7 days for him respond? Not a huge deal at this point - just curious since I have never had to open a case on eBay before this fiasco.

Mshilling
May 11, 2010, 04:49 PM
same with me, waiting for the seller after opening a case with ebay. Whatever, its 10 bucks, I already ordered another one, but now its the principle.

I want my $10 (better off dead anyone?) :D

Zepaw
May 11, 2010, 09:26 PM
It closed shortly after he responded and I pushed the case forward after his response. He probably knows the case will be lost after he replies so he is delaying the inevitable

eTip
May 11, 2010, 11:29 PM
Well, I left my negative feedback. He's down to 92.7% now. If you didn't get yours and haven't left neg feedback, do so soon. The lower his score, the less likely someone else will get screwed.

This whole thing really doesn't make any sense. Clearly, he didn't ship but why lie about it since he's obviously going to get caught and have to refund our money? If he set out to scam people, why do it with $10 item? So he could keep $100 for a couple weeks and destroy his eBay rating in the process? Bizarre.

Daremo
May 12, 2010, 06:10 PM
I have not received the case, and the same excuses as the rest of you, but I'm still holding out a bit longer before I Neg him. I do believe, things can happen, and get out of hand, but I don't think he was malicious in ripping me off. That deserves a neutral at least.

jedolley
May 12, 2010, 06:23 PM

I received my TPU case a couple days ago (different seller, see previous post). I also received the Macally FlexFitPad, and between the two I definitely like the cheaper Ebay one.

The Macally TPU case is thicker and goes over the sides more. Some may see this as a pro, but I prefer the thinner profile of the Ebay case. I will give the Macally credit for having better cut-outs (mostly), especially where the mic and headphone jack are. The cuts around the mic and headphone jack are exact, where as the ebay case they just made one large square cut out for both. One place where the mold or was not good at on the Macally was the lock button. They tried to make it easier to use where you did not have to push in much to activate it, but on my case any little tap or even shake of the case seem to set off the lock button. There were even a few times where it tried to shut down my iPad because it thought it was being held down.

As for the feel between the two, it was pretty similar with the Macally being a bit more "tacky" providing more grip. I would have liked a little more grip with the ebay case, but it has still been more than comfortable to hold over the last two days, even when playing games for substantial periods of time. I'll probably be sending the Macally back, even if I got a replacement to fix the lock button issue I still think I would prefer the ebay case overall.

eTip
May 12, 2010, 07:44 PM
Ordered the Quality Wireless eBay case just now based on the reviews here and YouTube video. There are a ton of cases on eBay but the majority of them have that silly hole in the back, don't cover the sides completely or are cheap rubber. Sorting through all the crap is hardly worth it and this seems like a decent deal.

eTip
May 12, 2010, 07:54 PM
I have not received the case, and the same excuses as the rest of you, but I'm still holding out a bit longer before I Neg him. I do believe, things can happen, and get out of hand, but I don't think he was malicious in ripping me off. That deserves a neutral at least.

Good luck with that ;-). What got me fed up was the obvious lies. Tracking number still shows it hasn't shipped (not to mention that it would be here by now if it had). He has completely stopped responding to me. I too understand that things can get out of hand but honest communication will satisfy most of the people most of the time. Lies and not responding - not so much. I don't think that he set out to rip us off but he was dishonest in leaving listing active when he had no stock (that was strike one). At some point he decided to keep the money, lie about the cases coming, shipping them out etc. Maybe he needed the money for drugs or something, I dunno...

Regardless, I do hope you get your case or at least your money back.

Tinknock71
May 12, 2010, 09:15 PM
Would you believe I just check the tracking number and it shows it shipped today! Lol nothing like a little late already left negative feedback and opened case on ebay. Will see if it shows up this week, I will keep everyone informed.

azboricua
May 12, 2010, 09:23 PM
He no longer has any available. : (

eTip
May 12, 2010, 09:26 PM
Would you believe I just check the tracking number and it shows it shipped today! Lol nothing like a little late already left negative feedback and opened case on ebay. Will see if it shows up this week, I will keep everyone informed.

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!

Just checked- mine shipped too! I have been checking a couple times a day and checked earlier today JUST before I ordered the other one! I kept putting off opening a case and then kept putting off leaving neg feedback in hopes of him coming through. When he completely stopped responding and a week+ later the tacking info had not updated, I gave up.

Craziness!

Tinknock71
May 12, 2010, 10:03 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!!!

Just checked- mine shipped too! I have been checking a couple times a day and checked earlier today JUST before I ordered the other one! I kept putting off opening a case and then kept putting off leaving neg feedback in hopes of him coming through. When he completely stopped responding and a week+ later the tacking info had not updated, I gave up.

Craziness!

Yeah I know what you mean I ordered the other one yesterday oh well I will give that one to my dad, so it will get used. The seller is a real piece of work!

swy05
May 12, 2010, 11:59 PM
That's just great. I filed a claim with Ebay a couple of days ago after hearing nothing from the seller.

After reading the latest posts in this thread, I too checked my order and see that it was shipped yesterday.

WTF is this, the Twilight Zone?

Zepaw
May 13, 2010, 12:06 AM
Shipped as well! I guess I get a free case? :p

megax
May 13, 2010, 12:14 AM
I ordered the quality wireless tpu yesterday and opened a case on eBay on Monday now I see the item shipped . I have two cases now ,ugh.

Zepaw
May 13, 2010, 12:24 AM
My refunded $10 says he won't handle this well. If I get the case and he sent a sincere message explaining the situation and asking if I would agree to retract my negative feedback I believe I would. After how bad he bungled all this I highly doubt he will.

eTip
May 13, 2010, 12:29 AM
That's just great. I filed a claim with Ebay a couple of days ago after hearing nothing from the seller.

After reading the latest posts in this thread, I too checked my order and see that it was shipped yesterday.

WTF is this, the Twilight Zone?

Yes, yes, I believe it is. That or a complex plan to slowly drive me (or make me appear) insane.

Advil
May 13, 2010, 02:12 AM
Mine is shipped as well. Unfortunately, I'm already out of town for the entire summer.

ChanTheMagicMan
May 13, 2010, 02:22 AM
I ordered the quality wireless tpu yesterday and opened a case on eBay on Monday now I see the item shipped . I have two cases now ,ugh.

Same situation here. Who'd have ever thought it would ship?

Daremo
May 13, 2010, 05:02 AM
Yep. Mine shipped too.

Mshilling
May 13, 2010, 07:09 AM
Shipped. I ended up ordering another one, now im stuck with 2. Could be worse. I opened a case a few days ago and hopefully they'll still rule in my favor then I can burn this case and piss out the fire.

Tinknock71
May 13, 2010, 08:03 AM
Shipped. I ended up ordering another one, now im stuck with 2. Could be worse. I opened a case a few days ago and hopefully they'll still rule in my favor then I can burn this case and piss out the fire.

That poor little case does not deserve that, just because the seller is a tool. lol:D

firteen888
May 13, 2010, 08:56 AM
If I do end up getting the case, There's no way I'll be retracting the negative feedback, he completely deserves it. I'll change what I wrote, but it will stay negative. And why in the world would he ship the case after I already got my money back? This guy makes absolutely no sense.

megax
May 13, 2010, 11:35 AM
just received the case from him , he sent the smoke case looks different from the other smoke ive seen.Tight fit looks nice i guess he seen all the open ebay cases against him and just rushed to ship something similar out

megax
May 13, 2010, 11:56 AM
sorry iPhone cam pics but better than nothing

firteen888
May 13, 2010, 11:59 AM
So you ordered the clear but he sent you the smoked?

megax
May 13, 2010, 12:01 PM
So you ordered the clear but he sent you the smoked?

yup

Mshilling
May 13, 2010, 12:16 PM
yup

Ridiculous. If I get the smoke one I'll definitely keep my case open with ebay. I am now glad I ordered another one from a different vendor. Un-*****-believable.

Wildgift
May 13, 2010, 12:23 PM
And, just FYI, that is NOT the same case as in the pics. Look at the back--it has 2 frosted patterns, sort of like arcs. I got one like this from another ebayer; it's only ok--workmanship is meh. I suspect that this seller got what he could and is shipping them frantically.

I am NOT withdrawing my dispute or neg feedback, most especially if i get what i did not even order

eTip
May 13, 2010, 01:33 PM
Can't tell by the pic - is the arc a pattern in the TPU or the shape of the actual case? If it doesn't cover the sides / edges, then that's a big problem for me. Either, way NOT the case we ordered! If I had wanted this case, they are all over eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TPU-See-Thru-Clear-Case-Cover-Apple-iPad-WI-FI-3G-/380233030961?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5887a79d31#ht_1391wt_1170

Glad I didn't try to cancel the other case. The saga continues.....

Wildgift
May 13, 2010, 01:38 PM
Can't tell by the pic - is the arc a pattern in the TPU or the shape of the actual case? If it doesn't cover the sides / edges, then that's a big problem for me. Either, way NOT the case we ordered! If I had wanted this case, they are all over eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TPU-See-Thru-Clear-Case-Cover-Apple-iPad-WI-FI-3G-/380233030961?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5887a79d31#ht_1391wt_1170

Glad I didn't try to cancel the other case. The saga continues.....

No, the entire back is indeed covered; it's just a "pattern" where the clear and frosted are differentiated. I got one of thoser after this guy flaked and it's ok; sort of rough edged, but will do for now until my Dodo case arrives in, like, a year ;)

firteen888
May 13, 2010, 01:53 PM
According to the tracking, I should have the case when I get home today. This should be interesting when he comes to me asking for the money back.

Zepaw
May 13, 2010, 03:06 PM
According to the tracking, I should have the case when I get home today. This should be interesting when he comes to me asking for the money back.

It is not the product we ordered. I would send the case back before giving him any money (though I would rather do neither :p).

Betsy30
May 13, 2010, 04:38 PM
Huh?!? I was going to request a refund today. Maybe I should still do so. I never got a tracking number. Or I could give it until the beginning of next week. Guess for <$10 I can wait a bit more.

azboricua
May 13, 2010, 05:10 PM
Deleted

Mshilling
May 13, 2010, 08:32 PM
Well imagine my surprise when I got home today and there was an iPad case on my porch. But guess what, its the one I ordered this week from a different seller posted in this thread, not the one from this jackass. It's nice, now I really don't care what happens with the other one. I will never retract my dispute or negative feedback

eTip
May 13, 2010, 09:16 PM
He (BKDiscount dirtbag) responded to my case, saying that it has shipped. He admits it's a different case - blames it on the shipper. Sick of his BS and want my $ back. I never approved this freaking replacement case and shouldnt have to deal with sending the damn thing back.

Advil
May 13, 2010, 09:47 PM
How is the quality of the case that he shipped out? Is it still well fitting and decent quality?

If so ill just take it. I have a steinheil AF on the way and I'd really like a tpu case to go with it. I might get a switch easy nude instead though. Depends on which works best for me. The switheasy is cheaper than the belkin though.

swy05
May 14, 2010, 01:06 PM
So I received the case this morning from the seller and needless to say, I'm very pissed off.

This case is absolutely nothing like what the OP posted up on the first page. I think the quality looks worse than what megax posted on page 8.

The case I received looks to be a rubber material. It looks rather filmsy as well.

I'm very pissed off right now. :mad:

Sorry for the terrible iphone picture quality:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/814/pictureaj.th.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/pictureaj.jpg/)

Just got off the phone with ebay and now they need to create a new case for this. Since the seller did ship it out (after 2 ****ing weeks) they need to create a new case regarding the item not being like the one advertised. As this point, the ****ing seller is definitely killing time and giving himself breathing room.

If I could negative rep him 1 million times I would. ****ing dirtbag.

Advil
May 14, 2010, 03:08 PM
I ordered the same one as WeLoveLegend, hopefully this one doesn't screw me over!

megax
May 14, 2010, 03:18 PM
Seems like the case you got was solid black, mine is a dirty smoke looks brownish

gigaguy
May 14, 2010, 03:26 PM
it's not blue??
yea, I'm waiting on a smoke and a clear, both say they are shipping now.

psychonaut
May 14, 2010, 04:31 PM
I had ordered 2 from this guy (1 clear and 1 smoke) and today (3 weeks later) they arrived however they are totally different than what was shown/described in his eBay description - both that were shipped are Black and not see through. He wrote on the reciept "We only have Smoke".

This is far from ok. I have since left negative feedback and opened a case with eBay for a refund.

eTip
May 14, 2010, 04:46 PM
In case any one wants to call him, email him or go knock on his door:

Robert Kapszewicz
BKDiscount718
1951 E 27th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Phone: (347) 463-2166
robertk@bsd-inc.com*
bkdiscounts718@gmail.com

(888) 702-0142

Oh, and I ordered from Quality Wireless a few days ago and don't have a tracking # yet. Asked them yesterday if it shipped - no response. Sure hope I am not headed down the same road w/ them!

Betsy30
May 14, 2010, 04:58 PM
I never did get a tracking number but a case showed up today. Black plastic, not clear, very flimsy and slick. I wanted something more tacky so I don't worry about dropping it on the ceramic tile floor.

In the box was an invoice dated 4/30 for $3 more than I actually paid.

Guess I'll be filing a complaint, too.

The guy has no business being in business. No sense whatever of customer service.

firteen888
May 14, 2010, 05:29 PM
I got my case too. He actually sent me the clear one, but not the same one as the OP.

Pros

- it's a very good fit
- holes are all lined up perfectly
- it looks good on the iPad

Cons

- the back is slippery. It has the side grips on the back, but i rather the entire back be that way.
- there are parts of it that are dirty. Not horribly but still noticeable. And it doesn't clean off.

All in all I like the case. It's not the one I ordered so the negative feedback stays, and I already got my money back from eBay so right now i got it for free. We'll see if he even notices.

bperrella
May 14, 2010, 10:51 PM
This guy is a total *******. I got my case today TWO weeks later (I'm in NJ so there's no excuse.) I emailed him several times over the last week and have gotten no response. The case I got today is black not clear, and on the packing slip he crossed out clear and wrote sorry only had this in stock. Now I'm stuck with this case that I don't want because it's not even worth it to pay return shipping if I use the resolution center. Why couldn't he just cancel my order if he didn't have what I wanted?? Horrible customer service really disappointed.

patp
May 15, 2010, 09:26 AM
and here we have another round of arguing on the internet.

the premise is 2 people who know nothing about each other attacking one another just to feel better about themselves.

it all boils down to the general lack of self esteem they all feel. so they create these little drama scenes to feel like they actually have something worthwhile to say,

it is entertaining, but the abundance of it, especially on this forum is - is similar to what happened to hair metal and rap music. it all got bogged down in the excess of non original thinking.

enjoy!

firteen888
May 15, 2010, 03:33 PM
and here we have another round of arguing on the internet.

the premise is 2 people who know nothing about each other attacking one another just to feel better about themselves.

it all boils down to the general lack of self esteem they all feel. so they create these little drama scenes to feel like they actually have something worthwhile to say,

it is entertaining, but the abundance of it, especially on this forum is - is similar to what happened to hair metal and rap music. it all got bogged down in the excess of non original thinking.

enjoy!

:confused: huh

larryj
May 15, 2010, 03:42 PM
I received my case today. It's not clear. It's not even 'smoke' although that's what is handwritten under the printed "Ipad Clear TPU Case" on my invoice. It's black.

It really doesn't seem to be that bad of a case. Good fit and the camera kit works with it.

But it's not what I ordered. I want a clear TPU case.

I added a note to my eBay case, which is currently in a state of waiting for the seller's response. I still haven't left any feedback although I can't see this resulting in anything but the worst feedback.

I guess I wait to see what eBay says? Or should I contact the seller directly and try for a refund? Has anyone been able to ship it back with a refund from the seller?

I'm not sure if it's worth it to buy an envelope and pay to ship it back. This may be a $10 lesson that I should just buy the damn Belkin case. :D

Advil
May 15, 2010, 04:12 PM
Mine arrived today according to tracking.

TOO BAD I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FU**ING COUNTRY YOU STUPID C*NT

god damn it

azboricua
May 15, 2010, 04:43 PM
:confused: huh

He is talking about 2 posts that were removed by the mods.

turbo87
May 15, 2010, 05:00 PM
How's the case from Quality Wireless? I emailed the guy couple of times about availability, but never got a response. The Ebay auction shows 22 in stock. Is it worth getting this case?

gigaguy
May 15, 2010, 05:53 PM
mine arrived today after what, 2 weeks. I ordered one smoke and 1 clear, got a black one and a clear one. haven't fitted them yet, they seem okay ESP since I paid 7.50 each. At the rarity of iPad items I guess it's good to get something in hand.

Zepaw
May 15, 2010, 06:23 PM
Mine arrived today according to tracking.

TOO BAD I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FU**ING COUNTRY YOU STUPID C*NT

god damn it

Don't worry, not the right case anyway. :p

Daremo
May 15, 2010, 07:43 PM
Mine arrived today. I ordered clear. It's solid black, and a different style as most of you also have received. I tried to be patient, but this is unacceptable. I don't even care about the piddly $10 I spent. It's on principle now. I have NEVER had to neg someone on Ebay, but he's left me no choice. He hand wrote on the invoice "We only have smoke in stock."

Unreal. :mad:

Tinknock71
May 15, 2010, 09:54 PM
Got the same case as the rest of you, glad it was at least clear, the case is decent, I closed my case with ebay, it's not the one I ordered but at least I got one. I'm not going to make a pissing match with this moron, not worth my time.

Wildgift
May 17, 2010, 01:35 PM
mine arrived today. a gross, opaque black. ebay denied by claim because something did arrive. on principal alone i am elevating this. what a scumbag!

firteen888
May 17, 2010, 01:49 PM
mine arrived today. a gross, opaque black. ebay denied by claim because something did arrive. on principal alone i am elevating this. what a scumbag!

Good luck! Don't let him get away with it. Just send a scanned copy of the invoice to ebay ( I assume he crossed out the clear case description and wrote black was all he had in stock?)

Zepaw
May 17, 2010, 01:50 PM

Damn right. He invalidated one claim and left himself wide open for another.

JonnyIreland
May 17, 2010, 03:56 PM
Anyone have luck receiving from 'quality wireless direct' yet? I haven't even received a dispatch message yet, I'm worried that this seller is gonna be the Bronx Bull****ter Part 2. :rolleyes:

Tinknock71
May 17, 2010, 05:08 PM
Anyone have luck receiving from 'quality wireless direct' yet? I haven't even received a dispatch message yet, I'm worried that this seller is gonna be the Bronx Bull****ter Part 2. :rolleyes:

No I have not received mine yet, hopefully this week.

eTip
May 17, 2010, 06:00 PM

After not getting a tracking number or response to my emails, I sent a few more emails requesting to cancel the order if it had not shipped. Finally got this response last night:

We really apologize for the delay, we were out of town, your item hasn't been shipped yet, and we have refunded the full amount... Again, sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused...

Warm Regards

- qualitywirelessdirect

JonnyIreland
May 17, 2010, 06:08 PM
Seriously, eBay is going to the dogs. Too many people who want to run a business, but don't want to put in the time. There's even a damn option within listings to include "this seller is away until ____" information. Why couldn't that guy use this option? I wouldn't have ordered if I'd known that he was going on vacation using my money. What an ass.

ChanTheMagicMan
May 17, 2010, 06:14 PM

I got mine literally 2 days after I ordered it. It really is a great case. Just like the one in the youtube videos, and sure beats spending $50 on belkins version of the same thing.

larryj
May 17, 2010, 07:15 PM
eBay hasn't closed my case yet, but based on Wildgift's post I'm expecting them to simply close it.

I'm done with taking chances on eBay. I found this on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Clear-Flexi-Apple-Flexible/dp/B003IX2TLO/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

It's sold by 'eToolscity' but fulfilled by Amazon. With Prime I'll have it Thursday with free shipping.

$15 is still a great price and I'd rather deal with Amazon than eBay.

Wildgift
May 17, 2010, 07:55 PM
i opened a paypal dispute. screw ebay. the nerve of this guy!! that's like going in for an appendectomy, and they cross that out and you walk out of there with implants instead:eek:

firteen888
May 17, 2010, 10:16 PM
i opened a paypal dispute. screw ebay. the nerve of this guy!! that's like going in for an appendectomy, and they cross that out and you walk out of there with implants instead

Sounds like a win/win to me :D

larryj
May 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
I'm done with taking chances on eBay. I found this on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Clear-Flexi-Apple-Flexible/dp/B003IX2TLO/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2

It's sold by 'eToolscity' but fulfilled by Amazon. With Prime I'll have it Thursday with free shipping.

$15 is still a great price and I'd rather deal with Amazon than eBay.

My case was delivered today. It's the same case by Luxmo that others ordered from Quality Wireless. It's MUCH better than the crappy case BKDiscount718 sent. And it's actually what I ordered too. Imagine that.

Advil
May 24, 2010, 10:09 PM
got mine from qualitywireless and it's pretty good. can't wait to put on my anti glare SGP and use that combo

jreuschl
May 24, 2010, 10:45 PM
I'll add in my recommendation for the Amazon case. Works great, Especially for $15.

megax
May 27, 2010, 12:58 AM
Anyone have a picture of the amazon case? On an iPad

larryj
May 27, 2010, 04:46 PM
Anyone have a picture of the amazon case? On an iPad

Assuming you guys are referring to the case I got on Amazon for $15...

http://img.skitch.com/20100527-mua976kxea6ywh3juf97i2nigw.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/larryj/dr5du/iphoto)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/larryj/dr5du/iphoto) - Uploaded with plasq (http://plasq.com)'s Skitch (http://skitch.com)

http://img.skitch.com/20100527-c49eyqj4rgf8tpj4egn74xffhq.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/larryj/drqqf/iphoto)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/larryj/drqqf/iphoto) - Uploaded with plasq (http://plasq.com)'s Skitch (http://skitch.com)

eBay refunded my money yesterday for the case that started this whole mess. Glad to finally get that over with.

Wildgift
May 27, 2010, 07:37 PM
larryj, what is that stand you are using?

Paypal denied my claim--wrongly--so i called ebay. the guy was really nice. i told him to check the feedback on that dirtbag, and he said i would get a refund, no problem, once i described that the seller unilaterally substituted a case without my consent.

iserian
May 27, 2010, 07:50 PM
I'm using the Belkin version of this and just can not get used to it after using the Apple cases on my other pad's. With this case I feel that I need to wipe down the screen (finger prints etc..) and the back since it also picks up finger print grease.

kevin86
May 27, 2010, 08:00 PM
Guys, I am selling mine because I have found I like the mar ware Eco vue better.

If anyone is interested please pm me. $15 with free shipping.

cmvsm
May 27, 2010, 08:53 PM
I got mine literally 2 days after I ordered it. It really is a great case. Just like the one in the youtube videos, and sure beats spending $50 on belkins version of the same thing.

Disagree. This case is flimsy and comes too far over the edge where dirt will get caught inside and possibly scratch the screen. I have both and won't be using this one. You get what you pay for.

macswitcha2
May 27, 2010, 10:22 PM
One question, does the case leave scratches? I ask because some of these cases actually scratch the devise itself.

eTip
May 28, 2010, 03:47 AM
Disagree. This case is flimsy and comes too far over the edge where dirt will get caught inside and possibly scratch the screen. I have both and won't be using this one. You get what you pay for.

Not sure which case Mr. cmvsm is referring to as being inferior since there are at least 3 being discussed in this thread but If you buy into his logic, the Belkin Grip Vue he bought for $50 is nearly twice as good as the same exact Belkin Grip Vue that sells for $29 at Fry's.

larryj
May 28, 2010, 05:46 AM
larryj, what is that stand you are using?

It's a book display stand. My wife is a media center specialist and she brought it home for me. I'm not sure if they are available online but I'll ask her.

Daremo
May 28, 2010, 07:38 PM
Ebay sided in my favor, and refunded my money. I would happy to return this case to him if he contacts me and pays the return shipping. If not, it will collect dust for awhile I suppose...