PDA

View Full Version : SGP antiglare?

dread
Apr 28, 2010, 09:17 AM
Can I expect the same loss of clarity from the sgp antiglare as I get from the power support antiglare on the iphone or is sgp a superior product to power support?

Apple Expert
Apr 28, 2010, 09:40 AM
SGP is clearer than PowerSupport. I've used both and prefer SGP screen sheilds on all my devices.

dread
Apr 28, 2010, 09:44 AM
I notice that sgp claims their anti fingerprint film improves clarity. Is this true? I don't see how it is possible. Does the screen get that grainy look

orlandocano
Apr 28, 2010, 10:00 AM
SGP = Steinheil, right???

Also, do the films from this company require you to spray liquid adhesive con the screen or not?? I feel a little uncomfortable with the sleeves that require me to put any kind of liquid on the screen...

To those who have used these screens before... is there any kind of nasty residue left on the glass once the film is removed???

dread
Apr 28, 2010, 10:08 AM
SGP = Steinheil, right???

Also, do the films from this company require you to spray liquid adhesive con the screen or not?? I feel a little uncomfortable with the sleeves that require me to put any kind of liquid on the screen...

To those who have used these screens before... is there any kind of nasty residue left on the glass once the film is removed???

no liquid or residue. Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpnxZZd-J0

orlandocano
Apr 28, 2010, 10:45 AM
no liquid or residue. Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpnxZZd-J0

AWESOME!! THANKS!! Just placed my order...

timdafweak
Apr 28, 2010, 12:01 PM
Where did you find it in stock? It's sold out at the SGPStore.

jedolley
Apr 28, 2010, 12:04 PM
Where did you find it in stock? It's sold out at the SGPStore.

http://www.handhelditems.com/steinheil-anti-fingerprint-premium-protection-film-apple-ipad-p-133542.html

timdafweak
Apr 28, 2010, 12:15 PM
jedolley thanks for your link. Ordered one.

I really am tired of finger prints all over the iPad surface. This should help.

Daremo
Apr 28, 2010, 12:52 PM
I LOVE SGP anti fingerprint on my iPhone. I absolutely HATE it on the iPad. I ordered 2 of them, put one on, and removed it after only 12 hours. The screen quality drops. It get's very blurry, and after 2 weeks of using the screen with that clarity, I simply couldn't do that.

I hope you guys like it more then I did... As of now, I have an unopened GSP I seriously doubt I'll ever use.

dread
Apr 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
I LOVE SGP anti fingerprint on my iPhone. I absolutely HATE it on the iPad. I ordered 2 of them, put one on, and removed it after only 12 hours. The screen quality drops. It get's very blurry, and after 2 weeks of using the screen with that clarity, I simply couldn't do that.

I hope you guys like it more then I did... As of now, I have an unopened GSP I seriously doubt I'll ever use.

Good to know
I will go with their crystal film.

mac jones
Apr 28, 2010, 03:45 PM

Yeah, i'm afraind of this.

The choice is going to boil down too which one causes more eye strain:
reflections vs blur.

But with the brightness all the way up i'm not sure of exactly how much eye strain it's causing.

And I think there's a significant difference in the type of reading and viewing your doing, and the effects reflections may have. Browsing while reading posts and short articles, may cause much less strain then reading longer documents, where your eyes don't get a break every 30 seconds, or so.

I don't know.

WTF :D

Daremo
Apr 28, 2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, i'm afraind of this.

The choice is going to boil down too which one causes more eye strain:
reflections vs blur.

But with the brightness all the way up i'm not sure of exactly how much eye strain it's causing.

And I think there's a significant difference in the type of reading and viewing your doing, and the effects reflections may have. Browsing while reading posts and short articles, may cause much less strain then reading longer documents, where your eyes don't get a break every 30 seconds, or so.

I don't know.

WTF :D

That is true. I just find it's easier to give it quick wipe every so often, then to lose that brilliance of that screen. Everything I've used it for, from the web, to games, to reading comics, when that crisp brilliance is removed, the device feels less... Magical. LOL! I kid, I kid.

PhoneI
Apr 28, 2010, 05:56 PM
I have the SGP AF film on my iPad for the last few days now and I really like it. No problems with less clarity at all.

dread
Apr 28, 2010, 07:14 PM
Now I'm back where I started. Just got my iPad today and the finger prints are everywhere. Anyone using apple's case with a screen protector. I can't even get my iPad out of the case without one so I'm concerned about fitting it in the case

petrelli86
Apr 28, 2010, 08:24 PM
powersupport has great screen protectors!:D

Pared
Apr 28, 2010, 08:31 PM
Now I'm back where I started. Just got my iPad today and the finger prints are everywhere. Anyone using apple's case with a screen protector. I can't even get my iPad out of the case without one so I'm concerned about fitting it in the case

SGP with Apple Case and Carbn Fiber skin with no issues.

clayj
Apr 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
Just ordered one... it looks to be a better offering than the Power Support antiglare film (which I *love* for my iPhone).

timdafweak
May 1, 2010, 08:55 PM
Got mine today and ripped it out within 2 hours. Could not stand the blurred text. Better to keep cleaning the screen than lose the clarity any.

lumpen
May 2, 2010, 02:12 AM
I got mine today and found it a bit disappointing. It surely is finger print proof but the screen becomes way too blurry. I've seen a lot of reviews that SGP AF is better than PS antiglare for an iPhone. But it seems like it's not the case with the iPad. I might replace SGP AF with PS antiglare.

oftheheavens
May 2, 2010, 02:19 AM
this is disappointing, i have 2 on the way for my wife and I's ipad. hope that i like it.

dread
May 2, 2010, 07:20 AM
Glad I didn't buy it

Bigrahizzle
May 2, 2010, 08:10 AM
I've got one sitting on my desk just haven't got the guts to put it on since I don't want to loose the screen quality. I mean I did spend around $20 for it.

I've got the skin protector on the back and I absolutely love it. I'm thinking about oxering some more maybe the carbon fiber one.

I've read that the olephobic coating will wear off after some time so I might get the crystal clear version for it just to protect the coating, I don't know.

ThunderApple
May 2, 2010, 08:13 AM
Where are you guys getting blur words? Learn how to install it right. The sgp af is great and i installed it perfectly.

timdafweak
May 2, 2010, 08:30 AM
Where are you guys getting blur words? Learn how to install it right. The sgp af is great and i installed it perfectly.

You mean you don't see it? I installed it perfectly, nary a bubble, and cleaned the screen well before, and the screen protector, after. The text is rather blurred, and that's immediately apparent. I am so bummed I am out $24. But well, live and learn.

Star-fire
May 2, 2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah I just installed mine tonight and I don't like it, it's not bad if you view straight on but even then it's blurry, definitely disappointed.

Apple all life
May 2, 2010, 11:13 PM
I ordered one because I am sick of the finger prints. I'll post my review when I receive it.

orlandocano
May 3, 2010, 08:21 AM
I installed mine and I love it and hate it

1) Loooove that I dont get any more fingerprint marks or smudges
2) Love that my screen is protected from scratches (because I intend to sell this ipad as soon as the second gen is announced)
3) Hate the loss in clarity! It does get blurry. Some pictures actually look pixelated with the screen on.

I am just going to leave it on for now because I dont wanna risk scratching the screen. But I am upset at the drop in visual quality on my ipad...

I may just order the crystal clear display. It will get fingerprints on it but at least my screen wont get scratched up, and I will get to see the ipad display in all its glory..