PDA

View Full Version : iPad case prefrence

el duder
Apr 28, 2010, 11:42 AM
Just got an iPad yesterday and Im loving using it naked but it just feels too easy to drop. I just put it in the apple case which is still good but wanted to know if more people prefer a folio type case like the apple one or going with a rubber iphone type case around the edges with maybe a sleeve. What are the up and downsides to each from your use so far?

andyblila
Apr 28, 2010, 11:55 AM
I use the incase sleeve. The Apple case is horrible.

flatline82
Apr 28, 2010, 12:09 PM
I actually use the same thing - the incase sleeve made for the iPad. I have the incase sleeve and the Apple case. While I enjoy the slanted angle with the folio style, it's not the best for gaming and it's a lint magnet. If I'm reading in bed, the Apple case just gets covered in bed lint and drives me nuts. I also happen to really enjoy the naked feel of the iPad, very sleek and comfy in the hand.

Chupa Chupa
Apr 28, 2010, 12:13 PM
$5 silicon skin I grabbed off eBay.

gdeputy
Apr 28, 2010, 12:19 PM
I use invisible shield and I bought a hard candy bubble sleeve for travel. iPad feels great in hand didn't want to use a case

al256
Apr 28, 2010, 12:22 PM
I bought the Apple case on relase day and returned it. It should be a matter of months before users rip or tear their case. It really feels like it's made of cardboard.

I really like my Marware Eco-Vue case.

EthanNixon
Apr 28, 2010, 12:27 PM
When I bought my iPad i also bought the Incase Protective Case with it. As soon as I took the iPad out of the box I put the case on it and began using it without ever knowing how the actual device would feel, naked. So after a day of use, I finally took the case off and I don't think I will ever use another case unless it has a credit card holder, a place for papers, and is functional. I put my iPad in the Incase Slim Bookbag and take it with me everywhere I go.

So all in all, I prefer my iPad without a case.

MacRy
Apr 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
I've just ordered a Kensington iPad Sleeve from Amazon for £4.99 with free shipping and it looks as though it will do the job just fine for me. All I need is a simple neoprene jobbie for when I'm not using it like Tucano one i have for my Macbook and this fitted the bill perfectly. I'll try and remember to post a quick and dirty review when I get it.

jaw04005
Apr 28, 2010, 12:30 PM
Ordered the Eco-Vue based on Leo Laporteís recommendation. Hope it works out. Itís still on backorder from Amazon.

MT0227
Apr 28, 2010, 12:36 PM
I use the incase sleeve.

I also happen to really enjoy the naked feel of the iPad, very sleek and comfy in the hand.

Ditto!

Chris Blount
Apr 28, 2010, 12:37 PM
I personally like the Apple case. The iPad stays well protected and the adjustable viewing angles is great.

Sure it attracts dust but its very easy to clean with cloth and water.

emaja
Apr 28, 2010, 12:40 PM
I use a clear poly case from Handheld Items (http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-crystal-clear-polycarbonate-padshellor-case-clear-p-132382.html) and like it - their silicone cases here not good IMO. Smelled horrible and didn't hold on the iPad very well at all.

On the front - a Zagg screen protector, although I do have one from Clear-Coat (http://www.clear-coat.com/product.php?productid=739&cat=69&page=1) on the way. I like that they give you two for that price (save $5 by using Google checkout) and will send you replacements if (when?) you screw it up.

linsam
Apr 28, 2010, 12:40 PM
I am using the iPad Gelli Case made by Case-Mate. It's great. It does not add a lot of bulk to the iPad. I actually prefer to use the iPad naked, but it is a bit slippery. The Gelli case feels almost naked. ;)

ballen420
Apr 28, 2010, 12:58 PM
Incase Neoprene sleeve.

As others have said, I like using it naked as well, and use the sleeve when I'm traveling or it's laying around the house not being used.