PDA

View Full Version : i know there are quite a few IHOP fans around here...

iOrlando
Apr 28, 2010, 02:17 PM
http://wjz.com/watercooler/IHOP.cheesecake.pancake.2.1662013.html

enjoy!

IHOP Introduces Cheesecake-Pancake Stackers
NEW YORK (AP) ―

Weeks after KFC made headlines -- not entirely celebratory -- by stacking two pieces of chicken around bacon and cheese, IHOP is introducing a limited-time dessert featuring two pancakes sandwiching a layer of cheesecake.

IHOP's Pancake Stackers consist of a crustless cheesecake filling surrounded by two buttermilk pancakes and topped with a strawberry, blueberry or cinnamon apple compote and whipped topping. Pancake Stackers are available a la carte or with a combo meal, which adds eggs, hash browns and a choice of bacon, pork sausage links and ham to the tally.

And yes, the meal can be a diet buster.

The Glendale, Calif.-based company did not provide nutritional information for Pancake Stackers by themselves. But the company said the regular combo meal -- which includes Pancake Stackers with strawberries, two eggs, bacon and hash browns -- runs 1,250 calories.

That meal is more than double KFC's Double Down chicken sandwich -- which weighs in at 540 calories -- and at least half the total calories many adults should eat all day. It also packs 2,750 milligrams of sodium. The Institute of Medicine recommends that adults not exceed 2,300 milligrams of sodium a day.

"It's yet again another dietary disaster brought to you by fast food," said Susan Levin, a dietitian for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, which also has been critical of the Double Down.

The Double Down and Pancake Stackers come at a time when many chain restaurants are adding -- and even bragging about -- lower-calorie and lower-sodium menu options.

IHOP officials said their latest offering is just one of many choices on a menu that also includes lower-calorie items.

"It's an opportunity to give our guests another reason to come into IHOP," said Carolyn O'Keefe, IHOP's senior vice president of marketing.

Stackers are available at participating IHOP restaurants nationwide through June 20. Individual restaurants will set prices.

GoCubsGo
Apr 28, 2010, 02:22 PM
Not to worry, you don't dine with "those type of people" anyway. :rolleyes:

bigjnyc
Apr 28, 2010, 02:24 PM
If i was on death row I would get a KFC double down and one of these bad boys for dessert lol....... only if i was on death row.

jav6454
Apr 28, 2010, 02:25 PM
I for one can tell you my heart wil....HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

dXTC
Apr 28, 2010, 02:45 PM
I for one can tell you my heart wil....HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

LOL!

By the way, jav6454, your avatar is giving me Tallest Skil flashbacks. :D

TheAnswer
Apr 28, 2010, 07:03 PM
I wonder if you could place the Double Down in the cheesecake filling and then use the pancakes like a bun and eat it as a sandwich.

rdowns
Apr 28, 2010, 07:18 PM
LOL!

That's funny, I have the same reaction to his posts.

Rt&Dzine
Apr 28, 2010, 11:03 PM
Double Down and Pancake Stackers couple of lightweights.

Bypass those sissy meals and directly inject this . . .

jav6454
Apr 28, 2010, 11:05 PM
That's funny, I have the same reaction to his posts.

You don't say?! I must say I am flattered.

carlgo
Apr 29, 2010, 07:16 PM
Only a genius could have thought of putting cheesecake and pancakes and bacon together.

donga
Apr 30, 2010, 04:55 AM
what happened to tallest skil?

rdowns
Apr 30, 2010, 05:29 AM
what happened to tallest skil?

He got bitch slapped by the mods for being a bitch. :D

appleguy123
Apr 30, 2010, 09:21 PM
LOL!

He's on 9to5Mac now :( . I don't know if it's real or an impersonator.

dXTC
May 1, 2010, 01:21 PM
Pardon me for asking, but I never got a chance to ask Tallest Skil...

I know TS had two versions of his avatar: the one that jav6454 uses, and one that looked like a photo of an action figure. What literary, sci-fi or pop-culture source features the robotic creature in the avatar? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

appleguy123
May 1, 2010, 09:50 PM

I know TS had two versions of his avatar: the one that jav6454 uses, and one that looked like a photo of an action figure. What literary, sci-fi or pop-culture source features the robotic creature in the avatar? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

It's on dr. Pepper cans right now. It says iron man lte.

jknight8907
May 1, 2010, 10:09 PM
My local IHOP is absolutely horrible. Terrible food, very slow service (45 minutes to get food with only 5-6 other tables occupied, and that's the 'standard' time, not a one-time event). :(

Antares
May 2, 2010, 10:03 PM
IHOP was better when they were still The International House of Pancakes. Since they added all that non-pancake/non-breakfast stuff, they've gone downhill. They lost focus on what made them good. They lost their identity. IHOP used to have a huge variety of delicious pancakes. Now, they have dwindled to only a basic variety.

Oh and that new monstrosity with cheesecake sounds disgusting.

iOrlando
May 3, 2010, 02:15 PM
My local IHOP is absolutely horrible. Terrible food, very slow service (45 minutes to get food with only 5-6 other tables occupied, and that's the 'standard' time, not a one-time event). :(

shhhhhhhh

we got some very loyal IHOP followers around these neck of da woods.

tread carefully.

jav6454
May 5, 2010, 04:17 PM

The name of the droid is HK-47... Star Wars...

dXTC
May 5, 2010, 09:49 PM
The name of the droid is HK-47... Star Wars...

Thanks. I'm familiar only with the main Star Wars movies, so I didn't know anything about "Knights Of The Old Republic". I admit to being more of a Trek fan. I find both franchises entertaining in their own ways, though.

Surely
May 14, 2010, 01:47 AM
I love this thread.....

..... but not as much as IHOP people.

JediZenMaster
May 14, 2010, 02:34 PM
Bob Evans fan here. :p But i did like the joke that ellen made on her show about loving all apple products and she said that includes ihop if they owned it :D

RawBert
May 14, 2010, 02:42 PM
If i was on death row I would get a KFC double down and one of these bad boys for dessert lol....... only if i was on death row.

^^LOL

In a way, one can say we all ARE on Death Row. So, dig in.