Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

indy42

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I've had problems with my iPod for a while, but I've always found a bit of a workaround - not this time.

Basically, the dock on the iPod is totally messed up. You have to bend the connector in a certain way to get it to charge. That worked for a while. Now, though, it won't even hold a charge. I plug it in, it says it's charging, but it won't charge. When I plug it in with some battery power, it zaps down the battery power and goes to 20%, or worse, goes to the "dead battery" mode where it tells you to plug it in.

I will be able to plug it in, go up to 20%, but then it dies again. I've tried plugging it into the computer to restore it, but even that doesn't seem to work - while it says that it's charging, it doesn't show up in the computer.

Help! I'm afraid my iPod (1g) is bricked.

markojug

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2009
In A House, Ontario, Canada
Your old iPod Touch isn't bricked, that's the good thing.

It seems that the internal battery is almost dead, meaning it will no longer hold charge. Not sure if Apple can do anything about it, but might as well call Apple right ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.