PDA

View Full Version : upgraded G4 9500 for sale

maelstromr
Aug 8, 2002, 10:08 AM
Hey,
I've upgraded a 9500 tower with 320MB of RAM, a 9 gig 10,000rpm scsi drive, a XLR8 G4 450mhz processor, a ATI RADEON 7500 32 MB graphic card, and a firwire card. All the upgrades are SPARKLING new, it has an ADB keyboard, joystick and mouse, a 8x cd rom drive, floppy drive and a 17in apple multiscan monitor. it has OS 9.1 installed, and it's very possible to go higher with some playing that I haven't felt like doing yet. It runs beautifully and plays Warcraft III like a charm (Warcraft III not included in sale).

I'm not sure if I want to sell it, but I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on what it's worth. If I get a good offer, I'd be willing to let it go too. I'm drooling over the new desktops and as I'm graduating soon, I thought I should look into getting a new supercomputer before I lose my education discount, but alas, I need money before I can spend it.

Thanks!

Seth

maelstromr
Aug 8, 2002, 10:14 AM
ALSO***

I have a powerbook pismo 500 that I might consider letting go (very reluctantly). It's got 620 MB of RAM, 12 gig hard drive, in great physical and working condition, ect. Everything else is the same as any other Pismo 500. I might be willing to include a firewire burner and a podium stand and a few things like that if the price was right.

Seth

bokdol
Aug 8, 2002, 11:53 AM
if the 9500 was stock i think you may get 200. but with most of the mods. you may get 300 to 500.. any more the people might just up and buy a new imac.

bokdol
Aug 8, 2002, 11:54 AM
by the way which model 9500 was it? 120 - 200??
as i am serching for a companion for my 8500

maelstromr
Aug 8, 2002, 12:04 PM
hmmm, for that I could return the upgrades to the manufacturer (still new enough for that). the 9500 was the 200 mhz version. I might consider taking out the processor and returning it if you wanted the old setup....

MacMaster
Aug 8, 2002, 12:23 PM
Wait a second! Hang on! Back up! How can you have a Radeon 7500 in a computer that only has PCI? I'm assuming that you ment the 7000. I am one of the experts on this computer because I have one sitting right next to me that has been tricked out beyond belief!

maelstromr
Aug 8, 2002, 12:33 PM
oops, correct, RADEON 7000, not 7500.

eyelikeart
Aug 8, 2002, 12:36 PM
did someone want this thread deleted or just a post? :confused:

maelstromr
Aug 8, 2002, 12:38 PM
Why would anything be deleted?

bokdol
Aug 8, 2002, 12:50 PM
if you return the card how much for the rest of it.. and i am guessing your a uva student. i am not tooo far from there. i slowly become more intrested:p http://forums.macrumors.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

MacMaster
Aug 8, 2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
did someone want this thread deleted or just a post? :confused:
My internet connection died on me while I was submitting and after I got it back up I pressed the submit button again and I double posted...That's why I said delete...

maelstromr
Aug 8, 2002, 01:11 PM
well, the card is worth $210 or so...

the 9500/200 would be about $200, the scsi harddrive cost $75, ram another $48, graphics card $120, firewire $25. The monitor is older, so say $30? , the keyboard and mouse $25? joystick isn't really worth anything...

I'm not sure, I know this is all 'used,' but like I said, I could still send it all back for actually a bit more than that.

What would you say to $500 no tax and no shipping? It may not be a steal, but I think it's a reasonable deal. If not I'll probably just keep it for myself and see how much of my law school loans I can use for a new one next year.
Thanks,

Seth

bokdol
Aug 9, 2002, 09:17 AM
i am intrested but i have to check my funds.. i was looking for something cheaper.. i am sort of in the middle of saving for a new machine or buying a old one for cheap... while i am thinking it over. did you dicide to sell your pismo? if you have a price range on that please tell. i have no idea what they are worth.

maelstromr
Aug 9, 2002, 09:24 AM
the pismo is an interesting question, I'm quite in love with my little powerbook, and I'm not really ready to replace it. (The titanium just doesn't represent a big ENOUGH step for me yet.) I won't be ready to sell it until I can buy a new machine, and unless someone had an EXCELLENT offer, I think I'll be holding it for a while, I may end up buying a new tower and keeping it for my basic portable needs.

firewire2001
Aug 9, 2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by maelstromr
ALSO***

I have a powerbook pismo 500 that I might consider letting go (very reluctantly). It's got 620 MB of RAM, 12 gig hard drive, in great physical and working condition, ect. Everything else is the same as any other Pismo 500. I might be willing to include a firewire burner and a podium stand and a few things like that if the price was right.

Seth

hey.. i may be interested in the pismo in a few months.. now i dont got the money..

can the pismo hd be upgraded..? and does it have firewire..?

also, how much would you charge for it..?

-f

maelstromr
Aug 9, 2002, 11:49 AM
the main new feature of the pismo was its firewire (two) ports. the hd's can easily be upgraded, all the the way 60(?) gb now, you can also fit another in the expansion bay slot. these machineare still selling at $1000-$1400 on ebay.

Seth

MacMaster
Aug 9, 2002, 12:02 PM
...and you can upgrade the cpu to a G4 500 from powerlogix (http://powerlogix.com/products2/bcg4pismo/index.html)
That would be one nice pismo after all that!

firewire2001
Aug 9, 2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by MacMaster
...and you can upgrade the cpu to a G4 500 from powerlogix (http://powerlogix.com/products2/bcg4pismo/index.html)
That would be one nice pismo after all that!

woah. that would be sweet..

maelstromr
Aug 13, 2002, 08:54 AM
Hey bokdol, let me know what's up, or if I should move on. thanks.

Seth

maelstromr
Aug 31, 2002, 10:20 AM
I still have this machine, and she's still running well. Make a reasonable offer for it...
450 mhz G4 XLR8 upgrade
320 MB of ram
32 MB ATI RADEON 7000 card
10,000 rpm 9.1 gig scsi drive
8x cd drive
3 port firewire PCI card

if the price is right I might also include a 12x10x32 firewire burner. I've got an adb keyboard and mouse in great condition included and a 17" apple monitor if the buyer wants to deal with its shipping cost. I can throw in a joystick and some other goodies as well.

It's running OS 9.1, but it is possible to put 10.x on these machines with some basic hacking.

bokdol
Sep 6, 2002, 10:37 AM
i think i have to hold out. i cant seem to get enough funds ready too many bills.

MBIsaacs
Sep 6, 2002, 11:07 AM
I think that I am ready to part with my PowerMac Workhorse.

The details are:

Power Mac G3 Yosemite (Blue and White)
400 MHz G3 Processor w/1 MB L2 Backside Cache
512 MB of Ram
40 Gigabyte Hardrive
DVD ROM Drive
Zip 100 Drive
FireWire & USB Connectivity
56 Kbps Modem & Ethernet
Apple Keyboard and Mouse
Additional Kensington Mouse
Mac OS X.1.5 and Mac OS 9.2.2
if interested, I will leave loaded with Software including: Adobe Photoshop,
Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand and Flash, Microsoft Office X,
Toast Titanium, tons of MP3's and much, much more...

Asking Price of $500

For a small extra cost I would be willing to throw in:
QPS 8x4x32 CDRW FireWire External Drive
Epson 740i Printer with spare color and B&W ink cartridges
40 Watt Blue and White Speakers

If interested, contact matthew@isaacs.com