PDA

View Full Version : Marware SportShell Convertible for iPad

JNGold
Apr 28, 2010, 07:52 PM
Wow! This case looks like exactly what I am looking for. It doesn't have a flip cover but it seems to have a bunch of stand options.

Thoughts?

http://www.marware.com/SportShell-Convertible-for-iPad

Apple all life
Apr 28, 2010, 09:00 PM
I saw this awhile ago and it looks nice but I dont like how it covers up much of the bezel.

T4R06
Apr 28, 2010, 09:05 PM
on photos #6 is that in the front? where is the home button?:confused:

JNGold
Apr 28, 2010, 09:24 PM
on photos #6 is that in the front? where is the home button?:confused:

LOL! That's the back of the case. It includes a clear section that can be used to insert a 5x7" photo.

JNGold
Apr 30, 2010, 09:24 PM
Just ordered one. I hope it gets in stock soon. Love the extendable pieces for stand and typing mode.

danterner
May 5, 2010, 03:53 PM
Has anyone heard anything definitive about when this is expected to become available for purchase? It's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. I sent a message to Marware to inquire but haven't heard back yet.

I see that Marware lists it at $59.99, but MacMall (http://www.macmall.com/p/Marware-Carrying-Cases/product~dpno~8061419~pdp.gaiidga) is offering it for $44.99.

EDIT: To answer my own question, Marware responded this evening stating "We expect to have it available within two weeks."

netteen
Aug 19, 2010, 01:31 AM
please tell

SchneiderMan
Aug 19, 2010, 02:29 AM
Iv'e reviewed it a while back and found it to be just horrible..

danterner
Aug 21, 2010, 08:27 AM
Iv'e reviewed it a while back and found it to be just horrible..

Just to offer a countering viewpoint: This is the case that I use and I love it. It had all of the features I was looking for in a case. The typing stand and video stand legs work well. The construction is solid. The handstrap is surprisingly comfortable and useful, and can be attached to any of the four sides (which, as a lefty, I appreciate). The "insert your photo" feature is nice, but I've yet to put a photo in there -- I'm just using the clear insert and I like the look of that. About the only problem I have with it (and it is a minor one, for me), is that the edges of the handstrap get in the way of the legs when you want to close the legs back up. It's easy enough to move the strap out of the way, though.

I'd be curious to read your review - heading to your site now.